Which is your dream car? Let me guess, is it Bugatti? Bugatti is the fantasy of millions of people all around the world. If it is not yours, then I suppose you do not know much about Bugatti. This article presents updated information about how who, and where Bugatti was made.
Bugatti was founded in 1909 in the German town of Molsheim. This is now a part of France and is on the France-Germany border. It is being manufactured in the province of Alsace. Ettore Bugatti was the founder of the Bugatti Company. Afterward, his son Jean Bugatti successfully took over the position of head of the company.
When was Bugatti Founded?
Bugatti was founded in the year 1909. Ettore Bugatti is the founder of this company. It became a renowned race car company, as well as manufacturing street cars. It is being manufactured in the province of Alsace.
Ettore Bugatti was the founder of the Bugatti Company. Afterward, his son Jean Bugatti successfully took over the position of head of the company. He designed many sports cars and touring cars.
Where was the Company Founded?
In 1909 the Company was founded in the German town of Molsheim. This is now a part of France and is on the France-Germany border. It was built with the help of Pierre de Vizcaya. In 1910, the company also started manufacturing airplane engines.
Who Owns Bugatti Now and Where is Bugatti Made?
Though Bugatti was founded in 1909, due to money problems, it was forced to shut down in the year of 1952. In 1987, an Italian man named Romano Artoli bought the rights to this company. He built one supercar called EB110. However, fortune did not support the company, and it shut down again in 1995.
In the end, Volkswagen took over Bugatti and decided to create the fastest car all around the world. They decided to make the fastest car in their company situated in Molsheim, France.
Volkswagen Auto Group owns Bugatti now. In the year 1999, Bugatti automobile SAS became a branch of this company. The headquarters of this is in Alsace, France. This company made the Veyron in 2001 and, most recently, the Chiron.
Bugatti Chiron Car Facts
Some of the thought-provoking features of this car are as mentioned below:
- It has an 8-liter W16 engine which has four turbochargers.
- It has a top speed of about 261 miles per hour.
- It weighs 4,162 pounds.
- It measures in length, width, and height 4,462 mm, 1998 mm, and 1204 mm, respectively. The wheelbase measures 2710 mm long.
- It costs $2,998,000.
- It has about 1,180 ft-lbs of torque from 2,000 RPM – 6,000 RPM, and it has a 1,500 horsepower engine.
- It has a seven-speed automatic transmission.
- It has about 60,000 liters of air pumped through the engine each minute.
- It has about 800 liters of water pumped into the engine for cooling.
- Lite materials, such as carbon fiber and titan, are used in the engine to help power.
- It gets about 7 miles per gallon fuel efficiency, although it does go about 0-60 mph in about 2.3 seconds.
How does the Interior of Bugatti Chiron Look?
The interior of the Bugatti Chiron is very luxurious. (See official website) The interior cabin has two racing-style seats made of fine materials. A console in between the seats separates the passenger and driver and has a bit of a feel of an airplane cockpit. It remains elegant and has enough control options without the clutter of too many electronic displays.
Where do They Test Bugatti Chiron?
This car is tested at the factory using various instruments to measure output and determines its performance. They also test the speed at the airport in Molsheim, France.
They also test drive the car about 200 miles on highways and mountain roads. They check for car performance and handling.
Bugatti Points of Interest
Some Facts Related to Bugatti
- In 1924, one of the models called Bugatti was the best racing car ever built. It won more than 2,000 racing during that time.
- The Bugatti Veyron was limited to only 300 units. All the units were sold out in 2011. On the other hand, the Bugatti Chiron is limited to 500 units.
- In 2009, the company celebrated its centenary. To do so, they have presented models in colors of the countries, such as green for Britain, blue for France, white for Germany, and Red for Italy.
- In the year of 2010, Bugatti Veyron 16.4 made a world record. It recorded a speed of 431.072 km/hr. This was the Guinness Book of World Records for the fastest car in the world.
Names Behind this Astonishing Creation
- Chief Designer – Hartmut Warkuss
- Exterior Designer – Jozef Kaban
- Engineering Chief – Wolfgang Schreiber
The Veyron was released in 2005 and was loaded with a high level of luxury and performance. All you need to do is to press the pedal, and the magic will happen in a fraction of a second. It helped the Bugatti names continue to be an example of amazing modern engineering for a sports car.
The latest ongoing production car for the Bugatti car is the Chiron, released in 2016. It is known for its amazing speed, which is limited on purpose, so it doesn’t go dangerously too fast.
In 2018 Bugatti also released the Divo, which was limited to 40 cars, so they were purchased immediately.
The most appealing fact about the Bugatti is its design. It was designed with a futuristic touch. There is no other car quite as unique in style and engineering.
Although Volkswagen now owns Bugatti, all the cars are sold through Bugatti channels only. If you are looking for Bugatti Chiron in a Volkswagen store, you will not find it.
The journey of Bugatti started in 1909, and still, it is making the most astonishing cars in the world. Although the journey of the Bugatti is filled with ups and downs, the fact is that Bugatti still manufactures the fastest car in the world.
These vehicles are specifically engineered, and there are no Volkswagen parts in Bugatti cars, even though Volkswagen owns them. Volkswagen is the parent company that has given complete freedom to Bugatti to create their creation exactly as Bugatti sees fit. This allows them to make an ultimate sports car now and into the future!
You may be interested in a timeline video of the main points of Bugatti’s history. This car brand has certainly made an impression on many people and shows how far style and power can be pushed to make a very impressive sports car.
If you would like to learn about skills you can use to become a skilled driver, try reading this article. Thanks for your interest in Bugatti, and I hope you find other topics of interest at Drivivinglife.net.