Are you looking for the best pit bike available in the market right now? What you will find in this article is an informative guide about all there pit bikes. We’ll talk about what it is and some of the essential factors to look for in a good pit bike. We also have the top four picks for the best pit bike, along with their pros and cons. We hope you will be able to decide what to buy after reading this article.
What is a Pit Bike?
Before we start, we should first talk about what a pit bike is. A pit bike is basically a small on-road or off-road motorcycle. You usually see this being ridden around the pits or the staging area of motocross races. The sport, which is considered very similar to motocross, has been very popular in the United States since 2000. To add, they are the smaller versions of full-sized dirt bikes.
Pit bikes are not just for kids, adults can also use them for recreation. Pit bike racing can also be a fun activity to do with your friends and neighbors. After reading this article, we might even convince you to get one for yourself. They are very convenient to use since they are designed to easily move around pits. They are also very versatile and can be used for recreation, not just for the professional sport.
It should be noted though that even the best pit bike couldn’t provide you with speeds similar to those of standard dirt bikes. Engines can only accommodate from 50cc to 110cc, with 150cc at the maximum. Generally speaking, you cannot compare a pit bike to a dirt bike because of some specifications. If you are a beginner who seeks the thrill of riding one, you might find pit bikes easier to use.
Top Four Picks for the Best Pit Bike
49cc single cylinder
125cc air cooled enginer
49cc single cylinder
In this section, we will review the top four choices for the best pit bike. We will be discussing some of their features, pros and cons. We hope you will be able to narrow down your choices after reading this section.
Types of Pit Bikes
What is the best types of pit bike for your needs and preferences? In this section, we will be discussing the types of pit bikes available in the market right now. This might help you considerably if you’re still not sure what to buy. This will help you to come up with a well-informed choice.
- Japanese Children’s Mini-Cycles: Some bike enthusiasts opt to buy a stock Japanese mini-cycle, which is intended for a young child’s use. It is interesting to know that this type of pit bike can be upgraded depending on the user’s preferences. The only disadvantage is that upgrading this pit bike would cost several thousands of dollars and can be quite time-consuming.
- Production Pit Bikes: These are pit bikes produced by major brands such as SDG Speed Mini from USA and Thumpstar from Australia. They are designed to have larger displacement engines, tall handlebars, and stronger suspension. Today, popular brands include Pitster Pro, Kurz and SSR Motorsports.
- Pit Bike for Racing: It is also important to note that some pit bikes are for racing use only. Pit bike racing is a sport that is very similar to motocross. Since it’s smaller and cheaper, younger enthusiasts choose pit bikes instead of motocross bikes.
Essential Factors to Consider when Choosing the Best Pit Bike
We now need to discuss the most important part of this article before we conclude. Below you will find the defining factors that will help you make a better decision. Look out for these in the reviews section of this article so you can have a better understanding.
- Price: This is a very important factor that you have to take into consideration. Buying one would mean thousands of dollars, so you have to review the features and prices carefully. You will come across various pit bikes with expensive, as well as cheap prices. This is why it’s vital to evaluate their pros and cons extensively.
- Assembly: This should come easy especially if you are a beginner. There are several entries in the previous section that showcase the ease in installation. You may need professional help but if you’re doing it on your own, choose the one that you can easily assemble.
- Speed: Speed is an important factor, especially if you buy a pit bike intended for racing. Several models offer speed up to 60 kilometers per hour, which is not bad for a pit bike. You have to choose a pit bike that can accommodate your racing needs. Also, this might help you win backyard races.
- Features: Each product’s features should also be considered especially if you want to customize. Some pit bikes offer a lot more than others and it’s important to note the features you would most benefit in.
- Ease of Use: Some pit bikes are intended for use by professionals only. If you are a beginner, it is not advisable to buy pit bikes intended for more experienced users. To add, you may practice on the beginner ones first for safety.
Finding the best pit bike will never be easy, especially if you’re not sure what you’re looking for. With this guide, we intend to help you make your decision a lot easier. You just have to review the facts extensively so that you won’t make an expensive mistake. We have presented the top four recommendations for pit bikes and it’s now up to you to choose one for your needs.
Are you in search of other products for your vehicle? Click here to see other options that might interest you.