A racing car will not be complete without a high-quality seat. The latter must offer the comfort, support, and safety that are necessary to ensure a flawless driving experience. Whether you are a novice or a seasoned racer, you must pay attention to choosing the right seat. Do not just believe what manufacturers are claiming. Be responsible enough to differentiate the options for the best racing seats.
The best racing seat is one that best fits you and your car. It should have good safety features and be comfortable if possible. Most consumer racing seats generally give you a good feel of being in a race car-style seat.
If you are clueless about arriving at the right purchase decision, keep reading the rest of this post, and we’ll share with you everything you have to know. We will look at five products that are sure to provide the best bang for the buck and will be essential for improving your car’s performance.
What is a Racing Car Seat?
Without a doubt, seats are amongst the most important parts of a car, not only for comfort but also for safety. If you are into racing, it is important to note that your conventional seat will not suffice. There is a need for a different construction that is fitted for your racing needs.
Racing for an extended period can be cumbersome. You need to have the right training and, more importantly, the right seat. A racing car seat is a seat that comes with an orthopedic and ergonomic design. Manufacturers have invested years of product research and development in developing innovative principles that will meet the needs of racers. They have technical features that are not commonly present in normal seats. It minimizes back strain and, consequently, will help you to get rid of fatigue.
A racing car seat’s main function is to ensure that you will be contained in your position. This means that no matter how fast you drive, you will be kept stable in the seat. This will result in better control, allowing you to easily grip the pedal and the steering wheel. Most importantly, in the unfortunate occurrence of a crash, such a seat will be a live-saver.
Types of Racing Car Seats
As you try to decide on what to buy, one of the first things that you should do is to resolve on the specific type of racing car seat that is appropriate for your needs. In this case, the following are the options that you will have:
- Reclining Racing Car Seats: This is a good choice if you have a racing street car. With this seat, you can make a powerful statement, but you do not need to forego your comfort. It can be reclined in different positions depending on what you are most comfortable with.
- Fixed-Back Racing Car Seats: For the more serious racer, this is the common choice for a car seat. This is also perfect if you want a classic look for your car. The position is locked, but it does not make it short in providing the support and comfort that is needed by your back.
- Suspension Racing Car Seats: It is the perfect choice for off-road adventures. Many racing enthusiasts would prefer this type of seat because of its versatility. It will move based on the movement of your car because of the integrated suspension.
- Bench Racing Car Seats: This may be less common than the other types, but it is equally promising in terms of its functionality. As the name implies, it looks like a bench and will be perfect for seating two people. The configuration will be dependent on the design of your car.
Essential Factors to Consider
As you try to differentiate the possibilities for the best racing seats, the following are some of the essential considerations:
- Reviews: The first thing you must do is gather feedback from other people. You can simply go online and look for the reviews shared by actual users of racing car seats. It will help you to narrow down the possibilities and to come up with a well-informed choice.
- Price: Start with a budget in mind, which will help you choose which is suited based on how much you can spend. Nonetheless, we strongly suggest that you do not choose one product only because it comes at a low price. Quality should be more important and not the cost of the product.
- Compatibility: Racing cars do not offer a universal fit. With this, you need to consider the configuration and size that is suited for your car. You can consult with your trusted mechanic to help you. The measurements should be right to optimize the functionality of the seat.
- Size: The size of the racing car seat should be not only right for your car but also your body. For instance, if you have a large building, you also need to make sure that the seat has sufficient room to fit your body. From your waist to the shoulder, the fit should be perfect.
- Comfort: This is another critical consideration when you pick a car seat. You need to make sure that it is made of materials that can offer excellent breathability and also minimize fatigue during your races.
Racing Car Seat Reviews
It is not enough that your car comes with a turbocharged engine. Also, the way it looks alone will not suffice. A decent racing seat is also a requirement. Clueless about which one will make a great choice? Below are five products you might want to consider.
1. ModifyStreet Racing Bucket Seats
Compact and lightweight – these are the most important things in this racing car seat. Because of its minimal weight, this makes it the perfect racing companion. This will lessen the burden that the vehicle needs to carry, and hence, you can go faster.
The ergonomic design is another thing that is exceptional about this seat. You will love the fact that it is a product of extensive research. It helps to cradle the body to deliver optimal comfort, guaranteeing your highest level of safety.
It is also a good thing that it is made from durable fabric. Even through the years, you do not have to worry as it will not be easily prone to wear and tear.
Lastly, the seat comes with backrest harness slots. With this, you can enjoy versatility as it can be used with a normal or race-type harness.
- Made by a trusted brand
- Offers a high level of comfort
2. Racing Seats, 2PCS Universal PVC Leather Bucket Seats
For the first time that you see this product, take notice that it already comes as a pair, which can already be enough to justify buying.
One of the things that you will also like about this car is how it comes with a universal fit. Regardless of your car, compatibility will never be an issue. You just need to make sure that the brackets are mounted properly, depending on the configuration of your car.
In terms of support, this racing car seat will also be exceptional. It provides the support that is needed by the shoulders and the lower back. You can drive comfortably and without having to worry about fatigue.
However, one thing you should note is that there are no instructions provided on its installation. You should seek help from a professional to be sure that the seat will be properly positioned.
- Already comes as a pair
- Comes with a distinct look
- Durable construction
3. NRG FRP-311 Pair Fiber Glass Bucket Style Racing Seat
The steel frame that is integrated into the seat is one of its exceptional features. It is constructed using injection-molded foam. Even during intense driving and with long-term use, you can be sure that the frame will withstand wear and tear.
Aside from the steel frame, it is also exceptional because of the 4, 5, or 6-point seat belt harness. It also has a soft covering along with the fiberglass reinforced parts, helping this seat to feel and look like an excellent racing seat.
It should provide good support for the legs, lower back, and shoulders, keeping you in your seat while driving your car.
Your seat is a bucket seat, so need to worry about it moving around or changing position.
Lastly, you can be sure about the durability and protection that can be provided by this racing car seat. It is made from durable materials that can withstand years of use.
- Excellent support
- Made from excellent materials
- May need additional hardware to install it correctly
- Seat covering could be better
4. RCI 8000S Poly Baja Highback Seat Blk
If there is one good reason to have this considered above other choices available in the market, it would be its solid design.
The seat is made from polyethylene, a type of plastic. It can be decent regarding durability, but the problem is that it can be quite heavy. This can be a significant addition to the weight of your car.
The high-back design of the seat is also commendable. This will provide exceptional support, which will also be vital in minimizing fatigue. It also has lumbar support, giving your body the full support that it needs.
Lastly, the simplicity of this seat will also give you another good reason to have it considered. The installation will be pretty much easy to accomplish because of its straightforward design. Nonetheless, to be sure, it is still best to consult with a pro to help you assemble the seat.
- Installation is pretty much straightforward to accomplish
- Solid construction
The best racing seats can be beneficial in more ways than one. It will make you more comfortable and can contain you in your position, even in an intense race. Most of all, it can provide the highest level of safety to prevent deadly injuries when you are racing.
If you do not know what to choose, keep an eye on the five models mentioned above, and you will surely make a decision you won’t regret.
Are there other things that you need for your car? Click here and learn more about other options that you can find in the market.