A glass pack muffler is made of aluminized steel, and most of the mufflers available are constructed with a wide open performance design. Through the automobile muffler, the exhaust gas gets right inside the muffler’s center.
The basic design of a glass pack muffler is it consists of a small tube placed inside a large outer tube which swells in the between. The gap between the swollen parts of the large tube is packed with fiberglass. There are few things to be kept in mind while buying the best glass pack muffler for your vehicle.
Top 4 Best Glass Pack Muffler 2017 Market
What is a Glass Pack Muffler and What are Its Uses?
- A glass pack muffler is present in all vehicles. The exhaust enters through the middle portion of the pipe, and the pipe creates vibration and sound. The mufflers will have rounded bullet-shaped end with a mellow sound when the engine of the car is raced.
The mufflers remain a great addition to your vehicle since they not only improve the performance of your vehicle but it gives a show stopping look. They are specifically developed using a deep tone sound. They are proven to increase horsepower and torque.
- Glass pack mufflers are available in different length and size to create the sound.
- The mufflers come with one chamber or multiple chambers.
- Chambered ones are used in vehicles to reduce noise when driving on the street, and they will make you feel car growl.
- The performance depends on the muffler, as it can be low, throaty growl or roaring.
- Youngsters install them on their vehicle to produce powerful roaring sound.
- The ceramic designs can lower the temperature under the hood.
- The increase in flow will help in your vehicle’s fuel economy.
- The best glass pack muffler will be constructed of aluminized stainless steel.
- They add value to your vehicle.
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Using a Glass Pack?
Glass packs are the simplest form of mufflers used on performance rides. The sound created by the car engine will be passed through a material which can absorb sound before it is released. By using a glass pack, only less sound is allowed to escape through the muffler.
The sound creating a capacity of a glass pack remains excellent. By installing them in your vehicle, you will get better fuel mileage. They have low back pressure and excellent tone quality. They have better sound muffling abilities, and this remains one reason for many people choosing a glass pack instead of others. They don’t allow sound to resonate.
When sound is produced, they reduce the pressure on the engine by dissipating the pressure of sound waves through glass particles. One best advantage of using glass pack is they are available at a cheap rate.
The main disadvantage of glass pack is that they can’t be used on every vehicle. When it gets old, the muffler will start making a bad sound. You must always check with the experts before installing a used one.
How to Choose the Best Glass Pack Muffler?
The main aim of using a muffler is to reduce the powerful sound to a tolerable level. Few things have to be kept in mind to buy the best glass pack muffler.
- Search for the correct fit and diameter – First, you must check for your vehicle’s present exhaust system and choose a muffler style according to that. Find out whether it is a single or a dual system. It will help you to decide the number of inlets you need in your muffler. A single exhaust needs a single muffler, and a dual exhaust will need a dual inlet muffler. Find the diameter of your exhaust pipe. For this, you have to compare your inlet and outlet with the present exhaust diameter.
- Find the room needed for the glass pack – The outer side dimension of your muffler should provide proper clearance below the vehicle. Choose the correct length for quick installation and proper clamping. To fit properly within your vehicle, you must choose the right casing size and shape.
- Pick up a style you need – There are three main styles available: chambered, glass pack and turbo. Chamber mufflers are suitable for muscle cars. They reduce noise by providing throaty performance. Glass pack mufflers are designed to provide horsepower and maximum flow. They are straight, and the perforated pipe is wrapped in fiberglass packing. They are a popular choice for racing cars. Turbo mufflers have S design allowing the gas to travel through the tubing. They offer better noise reduction. They are good to be used for street applications.
- The construction – Mufflers are built to handle high- pressure gasses that exhaust and should be able to resist corrosion. They are available made of aluminum and stainless steel. Aluminized steel is quite affordable than stainless steel. Stainless steel glass packs, provide great corrosion resistance and durability than aluminized steel version.
Here are given a product review of some best glass pack mufflers, which will help to choose according to your need.
The job of a muffler seems to be easy enough. All it has to do is to reduce the exhaust and to produce a sweet noise. Performance mufflers are designed for horsepower, torque and noise control. Out of the various types of mufflers, glass pack is considered to be highest in demand, and this is mainly for those people who focus on sound.
To know what muffler sounds the best, you must first know what each one does. The straight through muffler comes with basic style and they are usually used in performance cars and trucks. They are good, and they offer value for money. Share your views about the best glass pack muffler available today so that our reader may benefit.