I use a trash can most every week when I drive my car. The trash in your vehicle can get out of hand quickly, which is why having a garbage can inside your car is very convenient. You will never have to worry again if you get a garbage can that helps your children and passengers dispose of their trash.
You can tidy up your car with a unique trash can that fits your style, size, and convenience needs. The right trash can make your car look and smell better, and offer you a way to customize your trash disposal needs.
In this article, we are going to review many options available for car garbage cans and why you might want one over another. Each one has features, advantages, and disadvantages. So, let’s take a look.
Choosing A Car Garbage Cans
Before you start looking for a product that will give you a good garbage can, below are some of the considerations that might be of great help:
- User reviews and ratings: This might be the most important factor you might want to consider. User reviews come from actual buyers and you will want to know what they say about the product you are about to buy. The ratings, on the other hand, will give you a summary of what the buyers think about the product.
- Features: Each product presented below has its own individual and unique features and it is entirely up to you to choose the one you can benefit from the most. Some have waterproof, leakproof, and oil-proof features and it will be dependent on your preferences.
- Easy cleanup: Having a car garbage can’s purpose is to eliminate trash and keep them organized until it’s time to throw them out. If the one you choose cannot hold the litter you get rid of, it will not serve its purpose. You should buy the one that will be able to let you clean the entire mess up.
- Ease of use and installation: A car garbage can should be very easy to install and use. Some products presented below are only to be placed on the floor of your car while others are to be hung on the headrest of the front seats.
- Can hold its position: This factor would definitely come in handy especially if you are driving on uneven surfaces. The one you should buy should be able to stay still and in its original position. If you are driving on an uneven road, the garbage bin will move along with it and the trash might end up outside the bin itself.
- Size: This factor is also considered one of the most important, as you don’t want a car garbage can that will take too much space or legroom inside your vehicle. Having a large car garbage can might also mean that there won’t be space for your other important things.
- Price: When you review each product’s features, pros, and cons, you have to make an evaluation of which one you can benefit from. Then make sure that the price is reasonable enough for that product you are considering. You have to take note that not all expensive ones have the best features and not all the cheap ones are of low quality.
Top Picks For The Best Car Garbage Cans
Based on the factors presented in the earlier section, we will be providing you with the top five recommendations for the best car garbage cans that are available in the market right now.
1. Drive Auto Products Car Bin
The Drive Auto Products car garbage can features bonus 20-pack liners that include a 2-gallon litter receptacle for paper litter, empty cups, fast food, as well as small candy wrappers. It also has the ability to reduce smell and it is guaranteed that disposal is tidy and not at all messy. This is because the garbage can already comes with disposable plastic bags. In addition, an extra pouch on the side is included to store the plastic bags.
- Comes with disposable plastic bags
- A side pouch is included to store the plastic bags
- Can be attached from the seat headrest
- Big enough to hold clutter
- Edges are hand-sewn
- Color will match your vehicle’s interior
- Item weight is 340g
- Product dimensions are 25.5 x 15 x 22 cm
- Reduces smell
- Proves to keep disposal tidy
- User-friendly and convenient
- Versatile container
- Will keep your car clean and organized
- Compact and portable
2. Cereal Container With Flip Lip
3. EPAuto Waterproof Car Trash Can
The EPAuto car garbage can is a versatile trash bin that can be used in many locations, as well as in cars. Its small size is already an advantage for getting rid of the garbage while you are driving in your car. One great feature of the EPAuto car garbage can is that it is easy to deposit trash quickly. The waterproof interior makes sure the mess stays inside.
- Car or bathroom trash bin
- Easy access lid with elastic opening
- Waterproof interior for no spills
- 2-gallon capacity
- Top and bottom fasteners for a secure hold while the car is in motion
- Dimensions are 8.25″L x 6.75″W x 10.5″H
- Easy to use
- Allows easy cleanup
- Small in size and will not take too much room inside your car
4. Dollar Store Container And Duct Tape
5. Encell Auto Seat Litter Bag
The Encell car garbage bag is a versatile, rugged, and washable trash bin that will be able to provide its user’s durability and outstanding ease of use. It can be attached to the headrest and has space-saving qualities. It comes with a velcro bottom opening that makes the trash bag easy to empty. Another great feature of this trash bag is that it fits right in the headrest and it stays in its place.
- Rugged and washable
- Comes with ergonomic function features
- Has space-saving qualities
- Is adjustment
- Portable and has a compact design
- The bottom part has adhesive Velcro
- Item weight is 41g
- Dimensions are 19.6 x 14.2 x 0.6 cm
- Lightweight and compact
- Stays in its place
- Adjustable according to your height preferences
- Strong, durable, and long-lasting
- Allows easy cleanup
6. Small Food Container
7. Spill-Proof Car Trash Can
The brand offers various colors of this trash bag, according to its buyers’ needs. It features waterproof and when turned inside out, it is proven that cleanup is very easy and tidy. It can be used on any vehicle and it is very easy to use and install into the headrest. Lastly, it will be able to keep your vehicle clean, it keeps trash hidden, and odors are minimized.
- Features a waterproof design
- Just turn inside out to clean
- Can be used on any type of vehicle
- It can hold about 2.5 gallons
- Dimensions are 31.6 x 26.5 x 2 cm
- Allows easy cleanup
- Suitable for universal car use
- Easy to install and use
- Keeps your car clean and tidy
- Hides trash conveniently
8. Cleaning Wipes Trash Can
9. YIOVVOM Car Trash Can
Last but not least is the Yiovvom black car garbage can, which is made of sturdy plastic. This car garbage can is versatile, as it can serve as your car’s ashtray, trash bin, and garbage container. The plastic cover is removable and can retrofit plastic bags for easier cleanup. It can be used in your vehicle, at home, and in offices. It also provides convenience, as it can perfectly fit in your vehicle’s cup holder or door.
- Can be used as an ashtray, and trash bin
- Features removable plastic cover
- Suitable for use inside the car, at home, or in the office
- Perfect fit for your vehicle’s cup holder or door
- Item weight is 118g
- Dimensions are 17 x 9.8 x 9.5 cm
- Features compact design
- It will not take up too much space if you use it in the car
- Allows easy cleanup
- Made of strong plastic material
10. Hand Made Oilcloth or Laminated Trash Bags
11. Disinfecting Wipes Trash Can
12. Hand Made Trash Bags
13. Kleenex Box Trash Can
14. Pop-Up Leakproof Trash Can
15. Hook And Paper Bag
16. Cardboard Box With Liner or Trash Bag With Embroidery Hoop
17. Get A Car Organizer / Trash Bag
Different Types of Car Garbage Cans
The top five picks presented above might be a little overwhelming for you, especially if you are buying this product for the first time. In order for you to make a well-informed decision, it is vital that you familiarize yourself first with the different types of car garbage cans.
1. Floor-type Trash Bin
- Can be used inside the car, as well as at home or in offices
- Small in size but larger options are available if you wish to use it at home
- Can be placed on the floor and might not stay in its place when your vehicle is in motion
- Usually features a removable lid
- Will be able to retrofit a garbage plastic bag for easier and tidy cleanup
2. Hanging-type Trash Bin
- Can be hung using buckles at the headrests of the front seats
- It will stay in its place even on uneven surfaces
- Can also be used as an organizer
- Turning this type of garbage bin inside out will allow tidy cleanup
- Just tighten its opening to make sure that litter inside will be kept in its place
- Usually made of sturdy and waterproof material
- Very easy to install and will not take too much space
Tips On Cleaning Up Your Vehicle Using Car Garbage Cans
Once you have bought the best car garbage cans, you might want to consider the following tips in order for you to take advantage of its maximum functionality.
- Your vehicle can be a hot spot for water bottles, fast food, and gum wrappers. It can easily be overlooked but when it piles up, you would rather spend money on a car wash instead of incorporating a simpler solution, which is having a car garbage can inside your vehicle.
- You pay valuable money to have your car washed, including vacuuming the interior. After a month, the shine will fade and it might already look like a dump inside your car. Getting your vehicle the best car garbage cans will get rid of unnecessary and unattractive trash.
- The idea of having a garbage can inside your car might be a bit unappealing at first. You might ask yourself, “Will the garbage bin take too much legroom?” “Will the garbage smell inside the car?” What’s good about having this product is that you won’t have the time to clean your car every time you use it and it might be beneficial for you because you only have to take the trash out once it’s full.
- The primary benefit of having a car garbage can is that it eliminates unwanted trash and will keep your car’s interior clean.
To summarize, the best car garbage cans should be able to get rid of the trash inside your vehicle, especially when you are on the road. As discussed above, having a trash bin plays a big role in order to maintain the cleanliness of your vehicle. With the top five recommendations provided, you have to evaluate each product carefully in order for you to come up with which one is your money’s worth.
Are you also looking for other products for your vehicle? Click here to find more products that are available in the market right now.