To keep your car at its best condition, you will most probably be willing to go the extra mile and exert the effort that is necessary. As a priced investment and a well-loved property, many provide tender, loving care for their auto. With this, one of the things that you should have would be the best car buffer. With the latter, you will be able to keep your car clean and shiny, making it command a second look when you are on the road.
With too many options for car buffer, however, which one should you pick? We are here to help you make a well-informed choice. Keep on reading to know more about how to choose the best, and more importantly, some of the best options that are currently available on the market.
Best Car Buffer: A Comprehensive Guide For Buyers
Benefits of Using Car Buffer
If you do not yet own a car buffer, chances are, it is simply because you do not know what it can do. Below are some of its most significant advantages, which might just convince you to purchase one shortly after reading this guide:
- Saves a Lot of Time: Traditionally, people would use wax and a piece of cloth in order to keep their car shiny and clean. This can be time-consuming, especially if you pay attention to every detail. With a car buffer, on the other hand, it can be done quickly, and most importantly, without requiring too much effort on your end.
- Saves a Lot of Money: Think of how many times you have to go to a local auto shop just to have your car waxed or buffered. You can do it on your own if you invest in a car buffer. It is pretty much an easy task, as long as you have the time and the effort. You no longer have to pay someone to do it for you.
- Restore your Car’s Shine: This is probably the main reason why people are investing in a buffer with premium quality. It is an excellent tool that can aid in the restoration of the luster and shine of a car, making it look new and clean. It can also help to effectively hide dents, scratches, and other imperfections.
Top Picks for the Best Car Buffer
**Below, you'll see more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices and read customer's reviews on Amazon.
1. Porter Cable 7424XP Variable Speed Polisher
Excellent value for money – this is perhaps one of the best things that you can expect from this model. This is an ideal choice for anyone who is looking for an entry-level model that can deliver superior performance in the absence of having to spend a lot.
The manufacturer makes sure that it is going to be user-friendly by incorporating features that will make the unit a snap to operate. For instance, it has a strategically-placed trigger. It also has random orbital motion, which will minimize the possibility of damages.
The 4.5 amp motor of this unit is another feature that is worth commending. This will make it effortless to tackle any job, and more importantly, will make sure that any task can be accomplished quickly.
Lastly, it also comes with variable speed, providing you with complete control on its use. The speed can be adjusted from 2,500 to 6,800 RPM, allowing you to have it modified based on the intended application.
- Straightforward to use
- Users can choose the speed that is desired
- Protection from overheating to avoid burning paint
- Strong motor that delivers powerful performance
- May not be able to penetrate deep on the surface
- Backing plate is not included
2. Dewalt DWP849X Variable Speed Polisher
Among others, the soft-start feature is one of the many things that give it an advantage above its competitors. With the latter, you will be able to enjoy both power and control in a product that will surely be impressive when it comes to ease of use.
The powerful performance of this car buffer should also be lauded, which can be partly attributed to its 12 amp motor. It also comes with ball-bearing construction, allowing it to perform at its best even in the most demanding applications.
Are you looking for a versatile car buffer? With this model, there is no need to look any further. You will have the freedom to choose the speed that you want based on the task that needs to be done. You can easily adjust its speed from zero to 300/3500 RPM.
The hook and loop backing pad is also worth commending. The main function of the latter is to make it easy to change the accessories without the use of any tool. Because there are several add-ons that are possible, it also excels in terms of versatility.
- Versatile, making it useful for various applications
- Soft start feature
- Creates outstanding results to restore the luster of your car
- Delivers professional-quality results
- Some users noted that it is a bit heavy
3. Griot’s Garage 10813STDCRD Random Orbital Polisher
If you are searching for the best car buffer, this is one option that should not be missed, especially because it is impressive when it comes to ease of operation. It does not take technical knowledge to make the most out of this power tool.
You do not have to worry about your comfort because of its numerous features that make it an ergonomic car buffer. For instance, it comes with a rubberized grip that minimizes fatigue, even with extended operations. It is also non-slip.
The unit is integrated with an 850-watt motor, which makes it deliver dependable performance. However, its use should be restricted to small-scale tasks. For professional applications, it may not be as powerful as other models.
With the use of this car buffer, you will be able to effortlessly restore your car’s beauty. Aside from removing visible marks, it can also be effective in the removal of oxidation.
- Easy to use, even for beginners
- Compact design that promotes high level of comfort
- Well-made body allowing it to withstand the test of time
- Lifetime warranty to provide you with peace of mind
- Does not perform well in professional applications
4. Flex XC3401VRG Rotary Orbital Polisher
Equipped with a true dual action motion, you can expect nothing but astounding results with the use of this model, which also happens to be perfect even for novices. There is no need for guesswork. You will be guaranteed to have the anticipated outcomes all the time.
If you are looking for a car buffer that will provide you with complete control, you have another good reason to choose this above others. It is equipped with an accelerator trigger switch and with an adjustable speed. The speed can be modified from 160 to 480 RPM with load and from 3,200 to 6,600 RPM without load.
The seven-fold microprocessor that is integrated in this unit should also be highlighted. The latter is mainly the one responsible for allowing it to deliver consistent speed.
Lastly, it also has shut-off carbon brushes. This means that if the brush wears down, the motor will automatically stop, which will prevent causing damages on the surface of your car.
- Powerful motor that delivers reliable performance
- Designed with comfort of users in mind
- Long-lasting construction
- Delivers consistent speed
- Can be a bit heavy for some users
5. Makita 9227C Electronic Polisher/Sander
One of the best features of this model is the variable speed control. Depending on the application, you will be free to choose the speed of the unit. You can have it set from a minimum of 600 RPM to a maximum of 3,000 RPM.
Are you looking for a product that is multifunctional? This is one option that you might want to consider. This is not only useful for polishing, but also for sanding. More than just for automotive work, it can be used even for stone polishing.
Your comfort has been emphasized by the manufacturer, providing you with the assurance that fatigue is going to be minimized. It has an ergonomic handle and a comfortable grip.
Lastly, this is an ideal choice for the best car buffer because of its soft-start feature. This means that it can start smoothly and it will not create a lot of vibrations. This is one of the reasons why this is going to be a user-friendly option.
- Lightweight construction
- Made by a trusted brand on the market for power tools
- Adjustable speed for various applications
- Different backing plates are available, making it flexible
- Handle can be easily prone to scratches
- Does not come with foam pad in the handle
Types of Car Buffer
Before making a decision with regards to which one to pick, you should be first familiar with the different types that are available on the market:
- Rotary Car Buffer: This is the common choice for professionals since this is the most powerful option that you can have. They have a direct drive system and utilizes powerful rotating motion in order to deliver performance that is hard to rival.
- Orbital Car Buffer: This may have lesser power, but it is made to be user-friendly, which makes it the ideal choice for home users. They also cause lesser friction, which is why it is safer to use even for novices.
- Dual Action Car Buffer: It is equipped with motor and drive units that will rotate in circular motion randomly. This is suitable for waxing and light polishing jobs. There will be no swirls and holograms left once it is done with its job.
Essential Factors To Consider
Make sure to keep these things in mind before making a decision:
- Ease of Use: Just like in the case of any job, buffering your car should require minimal effort on your end. With this, choose a product that comes with a lightweight design and user-friendly features. It should be free from complicated features, especially if you have not used a similar tool in the past. The manufacturer must also provide comprehensive instructions on how it is used.
- Feedbacks: If you are clueless about which one is the best, you can gather opinions from other people. To do this in a convenient manner, resort into reading online reviews. You can also ask for suggestions from people you personally know, such as your family and friends. With their insights and experiences, it will be a lot easier for you to compare the possibilities that you will be confronted with.
- Price: While it may be tempting to choose a product because it is the cheapest option you find, this may not be a wise decision. At all times, it is important to look beyond price. In some cases, the cheap ones are inferior in terms of quality and functionality. You should consider your car buffer as an investment. This means that you should not hesitate to spend more if this is tantamount into being able to enjoy a product that is unmatched in terms of the performance that it can deliver.
- Maintenance: Just like in the case of any other tool that you have, maintenance will be necessary in order to keep your car buffer in its best condition, even with prolonged use. With this, choose a product that requires minimal maintenance. Make sure as well that the manufacturer will provide comprehensive instructions on how it will be possible to maintain the product at its best.
- Comfort: It is also important to consider your comfort in choosing the best car buffer. For the product to be comfortable, it should be compact and lightweight, which means that you will not have any problem even if it is used for an extended period. It should be easy to handle and control. There should also be features for minimizing the vibrations that are produced in order to lessen fatigue.
Do you want your car to look shiny and clean all the time? Do you want an easier alternative to traditional waxing? Do you want to save money? In all of these instances, without a doubt, you will need to have the best car buffer. Do not be overwhelmed with too many options that are available. Take your time before you reach a decision. Do your research, consult with what other people have to say. Or better yet, keep an eye on the five models that we have earlier mentioned.