If keeping your car clean is your priority, you have a good reason to invest in a pressure washer. The latter will make it easy to get rid of stubborn dirt and grime on the surface of your car, which would have been otherwise hard to remove with scrubbing alone. It will make it a lot easier to maintain your car in its tip-top condition.
What is the best pressure washer for cars? Picking the right product can be a hard task because of the abundance of options that are available. Nonetheless, this should not be an excuse for you to decide in haste. Keep on reading the rest of this guide, and we’ll make it easy for you to make the right decision.
|Product (Amazon Links)
AR Annovi Reverberi
What is a Pressure Washer for Cars?
In its simplest sense, it is handy equipment that makes use of high-pressure water to clean surfaces, in the case of this guide, surface of cars. The pressure that it produces is strong enough to get rid of dirt and grime, even those that have already hardened on the surface.
They vary in terms of their performance. The power that they can provide is expressed in gallons per minute. On the other hand, the pressure is expressed as pounds per square inch. You need to take a look at the numbers to easily evaluate the possibilities. Be sure to understand what these numbers mean and how they affect the performance of the product.
Top Picks for the Best Pressure Washer for Cars
In this section, we will briefly go through some of the best brands and models that are available in the market. We will tackle some of their notable features, which should make it a lot easier for you to narrow down the possibilities.
1. Sun Joe SPX 300 Electric Pressure Washer
This is one of the most powerful options available in the market, allowing it to easily tackle even the toughest dirt and grime. The powerful motor of this unit makes it possible to deliver maximum cleaning performance. It comes with two detergent tanks, which means that you can store two types of detergents for different cleaning tasks.
It also comes with a Total Stop System, which will allow the pump to halt operation on its own if the trigger is disengaged. To be provided with the best value for money, it is also a good thing that it is inclusive of different accessories, which include a high-pressure hose and quick-connect sprays for versatile applications.
Main Product Features:
- Water Pressure: 2,030 PSI
- Motor: 14.5 amps
- Wattage: 1,800 watts
- Warranty: 2 years
- Weight: 31 pounds
- Dimensions: 33.9 x 13.5 x 15.6 inches
- Easy to maneuver
- Has a lot of safety features
- No water reserve tank
- Wand can be short for some
2. AR Blue AR383 Electric Pressure Washer
This pressure washer comes with a 20-foot hose, which means that you can clean your car even without the need to be near the unit. To add, the power cord has a length of 30 feet, which will also allow you to work far away from the source of power. With this model, you will always be in control when cleaning cars.
One of the features that make sure of the latter is the adjustable spray. There are also two pressure washer wands. Lastly, this can also be excellent if you are looking for a product that is user-friendly. From its assembly to its operation, everything will surely be a breeze to accomplish.
Main Product Features:
- Water Pressure: 1,900 PSI
- Weight: 27 pounds
- Warranty: 1 year
- Dimensions: 28.5 x 12.25 x 11.25 inches
- Comes with an adjustable spray
- Easy to assemble and operate
- Durable construction
- Reeling hose can be difficult
- Short warranty coverage
3. Simpson Cleaning MSH3125-S Gas Pressure Washer
If there is one thing that makes this different from the products that have been mentioned above, it would be the fact that this is gas-powered. This is also why it tends to be louder, bigger, and heavier. Despite all of these, there is one thing that can convince you to choose it – power.
Looking at the specifications will give you a compelling reason to buy this model, as it will be capable of tackling even the toughest dirt in your car. It comes with pneumatic tires, although the bulkiness and weight may make it quite tricky to move around. It also has an excellent spray gun with different nozzles to suit various applications.
Main Product Features:
- Water Pressure: 3,100 PSI
- Warranty: 5 years for frame, 2 years for engine, 1 year for pump
- Weight: 65 pounds
- Dimensions: 23.25 x 21 x 34.75 inches
- Delivers exceptional power
- Durable construction
- Powered by an impressive pump
- Can be hard to maneuver
4. Generac 6882 2900 PSI Pressure Washer
This pressure washer is not just designed for cars but for a variety of other cleaning applications at home as well, such as for the deck, patio, and driveway, among others. It comes with 10-inch solid tires, which will make it easier to maneuver the unit. This is a good feature because the motor is quite heavy.
It also comes with Quick Click nozzle tips, which will allow you to change the nozzle in an instant based on what is required for a specific task. The design of the spray gun is also impressive, which makes it easy and comfortable to hold.
Main Product Features:
- Water Pressure: 2,900 PSI
- Engine Rating: 196 cc
- Weight: 57 pounds
- Dimensions: 24.2 x 18.9 x 35.5 inches
- Versatile cleaning applications
- Comes with a powerful motor
- Well-designed spray gun
- Some parts not very high quality
What are the Different Types of Pressure Washers for Cars?
There are many ways to differentiate the pressure washers that you will be confronted with. Among others, one of the best would be the source of power. In this case, the following are the options that you will have:
- Electric Pressure Washer: This is the more popular option between the two. To function, it needs to be plugged in a power source. The problem is that their functionality can be limited by the length of their cord. They also are often not as powerful as their counterpart. However, it is a good thing that they are more lightweight.
- Gas Pressure Washer: If power is the more important consideration for you, this is one product that should be on the top of the list. However, one of its drawbacks is that they are usually heavier, and hence, moving it around can be hard. Also, they are louder compared to electric pressure washers.
What are the Benefits of the Best Pressure Washer for Cars
Do you really need a pressure washer for cleaning your car? If you are not yet convinced, the following are some of the most compelling reasons that might make you change your mind.
1. Easy to Clean Your Car
This is at the top of the list when mentioning the benefits of owning a pressure washer. Traditionally, you have to scrub your car using a cloth or sponge to clean it. This can be time-consuming and will require a lot of effort on your end. Investing in a pressure washer is a good idea to make your life a lot easier.
2. Remove Even Tough Dirt
Another good thing about pressure washers is that they are powerful, making sure that no traces of dirt are left behind. From bird poop to stains, everything will be a lot easier and quicker for you to remove. The high pressure of the water will take care of even the toughest dirt.
3. Delivers Multiple Functions
While we are talking about pressure washers for cars in this article, they will be good beyond cleaning your automobiles. Many of them will also be useful for various residential cleaning tasks, such as for the patio or the driveway. They can also be used for cleaning the tires of your car, not just its body.
How to Choose the Best Pressure Washer for Cars
As you try to narrow down the options that you will be confronted with, the following are some of the most important things that you need to consider:
- Technical Specifications: Before anything else, you need to look at the technical specifications of the pressure washer, which will be a good starting point in evaluating the performance that they can deliver. With this, the following are some of the most important:
- Gallons per Minute: Often expressed as GPM, this is the measurement of the water that can be delivered by the washer in a minute. A higher number indicates more power.
- Pressure per Square Inch: Also known as PSI, this is a measurement of the pressure that can be produced by the product. As usual, the higher the number is, the more powerful is the unit.
- Ease of Use: You should prioritize those that have user-friendly features, which would mean that cleaning your car will not be a hard task for you. The manufacturer must also provide comprehensive instructions on how to properly operate the pressure washer.
- Mobility: Especially if you are going to buy a pressure washer that is powered by gas, it is important that it will be easy to move the unit around. Having tires is a good idea. There should also be a well-designed handle.
- Versatility: Choose a pressure washer that will be able to deliver multiple functionalities. This means that there should be different nozzles for a variety of tasks. There should also be an option for you to select the power of the spray based on what is required.
- Safety: Do not forget to take a look at the safety features of the product. There should be protection from overheating. It should be stable when it stands. Also, it will be good if there is total stop system so that it will turn off on its own when the trigger is not engaged.
- Maintenance: It is inevitable that the pressure washer will show signs of wear and tear through the time. To extend its functional lifespan, chose a product that will be effortless for you to clean and maintain.
- Warranty: A longer warranty coverage is a better option, although this might add up to the cost of the product. Within the warranty period, if problems are experienced, the manufacturer will offer free repair and replacement of parts in accordance with individual terms and conditions.
From the five products that we have briefly discussed above, if there is one that I can say is my favorite, it would be Sun Joe SPX 300 Electric Pressure Washer. The latter is lightweight and easy to move around. It is made from high-quality components. It may not be the most powerful, but for cleaning your car, its performance will be more than enough for what you will need.
Are there other products that you need for your car? Click here and read our buying guides and reviews, which will make it easier for you to arrive at a right decision.