Which is your dream car? Let me guess, is it Bugatti? Bugatti is the fantasy of millions of people all around the world. If it is not yours, then I suppose you do not know much about Bugatti. This article presents meticulous information about how who and where Bugatti is made.
When was Bugatti Founded?
Bugatti was founded in the year 1909. Ettore Bugatti originated this company, just as the name suggests. Earlier, this company was manufacturing race cars and was renowned for that. It is being manufactured in France.
Ettore Bugatti was the founder of the Bugatti Company. Afterward, his son Jean Bugatti successfully took over the position of head of the company. He designed many sports cars and touring cars.
Where was the Company Founded?
In 1909, Molsheim Company was founded. It was built with the help of Pierre de Vizcaya. In 1910, the company also started manufacturing airplane engines.
Who Owns Bugatti Now and Where is Bugatti Made?
Though Bugatti was founded in 1909, due to some circumstances, it was forced to shut down in the year of 1952. After few years, one Italian man named Romano Artoli bought the rights of this company. He built one supercar called EB110. However, fortune did not support the company, and it shut down again in 1995.
In the end, Volkswagen took over Bugatti and decided to create the fastest car all around the world. He decided to make this fastest car in their company situated at Molsheim, France.
Volkswagen auto group owns Bugatti now. In the year 1999, Bugatti automobile SAS became a branch of this company. The headquarters of this is in Alsace, France. This company now makes only one model which is Bugatti Veyron 16.4. This was introduced in 2001.
Veyron is not just a sophisticated car. It is loaded with the level of luxury in all the terms which can amaze anyone. All you need to do is to press the pedal, and the magic will happen in a fraction of seconds. It has changed all the dimensions of the technology for the Bugatti.
The most appealing fact about the Bugatti is its design. It was designed with a futuristic touch. There is no other car anyone can think of as a unique creation of engineering. This is the only reason that Bugatti Chiron is the evolutionary version of Bugatti Veyron because it will never lose its charm.
Some of the thought-provoking features of this car are as mentioned below:
- It has an 8-liter W16 engine which has four turbochargers.
- It has a speed of 253 miles per hour which is track-verified.
- It weighs 4,162 pounds.
- It measures in length, width and height, 4,462 mm, 1998 mm and 1204 mm respectively. The wheelbase measures 2710 mm long.
- It costs 1.6 million dollars.
- It contains 16 cylinders and 1,001 horsepower engine.
- It has seven speed DSG dual clutch gearbox, which is the fastest existing gearbox in the world. It distributes power between the wheels.
- It has an AC injection pump which provides the constant flow of fuel. Additionally, Teflon coating in the tank improves the performance of it.
- The airflow patterns were created to improve the life of the Bugatti in such a way that cool air can reach to the radiators easily, and hot air can eject from the car.
- A fascinating fact about Bugatti Veyron is that it can reach 100 km/h in 2.5 seconds, 200 km/h in 7.3 seconds and 300 km/h in 16.7 seconds and the highest speed of 407 km/h in few more seconds.
How does the Interior of Bugatti Veyron Look?
The interior of the Bugatti Veyron is made up of fancy gizmos. The interior cabin is made up of very sophisticated luxurious material. The rear-view mirror displays the output of reversing camera and navigation data.
Where do They Test Bugatti Veyron?
This car is tested on the instrument called dyno. This instrument measures the output of the car and determines its performance. The first time testing took place in the year 2001.
Some Facts related to Bugatti
- In 1924, one of the models called Bugatti was the best racing car ever built. It won more than 2,000 racing during that time.
- The Bugatti Veyron was limited up to only 300 units. All the units were sold out in 2011. On the other hand, the Bugatti Chiron is limited up to 500 units. Out of all these, one-third of the units are already spoken.
- In 2009, the company celebrated its centenary. To do so, they have presented models in colors of the countries such as green for Britain, blue for France, white for Germany and Red for Italy.
- In the year of 2010, Bugatti Veyron 16.4 made a world record. It recorded a speed of 431.072 km/hr. This was the Guinness Book of World Record for the fastest car in the world.
Names behind this Astonishing Creation
- Chief Designer – Hartmut Warkuss
- Exterior Designer – Jozef Kaban
- Engineering Chief – Wolfgang Schreiber
Although Volkswagen now owns Bugatti, all the cars are sold by Bugatti channels only. If you are looking for Bugatti Veyron in a Volkswagen store, then you will not find anything.
The journey of Bugatti has started from 1909 and still it is making most astonishing cars in the world. Although the journey of the Bugatti is filled with ups and downs, the fact is that only. Bugatti still manufactures the fastest car in the world.
Moreover, everyone should be aware of the fact that there are no Volkswagen parts in Bugatti cars, even though Volkswagen owns it. Volkswagen is that parent company which has given complete freedom to the Bugatti to create their creation exactly where Bugatti used to make ultimate sports car or tourist car of the decades!
Isn’t the information about this car interesting? It is indeed! Share this information with your friends and family who owns a Bugatti, and we are sure they would love reading it too!