If you are a car enthusiast, then you are most probably spending a lot of your time in the garage. As a personal space, it is important to keep it organized. It is hard to work if it is messy and if everything does not seem to fall in the right place. From things that are as small as a screw driver to those as large as a tire, you need to keep everything in order.
One of the best investments to have in your garage would be the best tire racks. They will be helpful in keeping tires organized so that they won’t make your place chaotic. As a safe storage space for your wheels, you can also be sure that they will offer protection from external elements that could otherwise contribute to deterioration.
Looking for a tire rack to purchase? If you want a decision that will not bring regrets in the future, read this buying guide and we’ll help you figure out which rack can provide the best bang for the buck. We will also briefly tackle the essential considerations and types of bike racks that are available, which will make it easier for you to come up with an intelligent choice.
Essential Factors to Consider
Given the fact that there is a long list of alternatives, below are some of the most important factors that will help you out to narrow down the possibilities:
- Ease of Installation: You do not need to hire a pro to install the tire rack for you. Look for one that is user-friendly in terms of assembly. The manufacturer must provide comprehensive instructions, as well as everything that you will need to put the pieces together.
- Size: To determine the right size of the rack to buy, there are two things that you have to think about – the size of the garage and the size of your tires. If space is not an issue and if you have a lot of tires to keep, a bigger one is always the best option.
- Adjustability: If you want a tire rack that will offer versatility, look for one that will allow you to make the necessary adjustments. This means that you will be able to keep several tires of different sizes.
- Weight Capacity: Think about the number of tires that you will keep in the rack, as well as their weight. If you intend to keep a lot, make sure that the tire rack will be able to handle such a weight. Otherwise, it can pose serious danger, especially in the case of a hanging or wall-mounted tire rack.
- Material: Steel is perhaps the most popular from all the materials that are commonly used for a tire rack. It is important to pick a material that will be strong enough to support the weight of the tire and to withstand wear. As much as possible, it must resist rust and corrosion, among other problems.
- Warranty: This is important if you want to have peace of mind. Standard warranty from most manufacturers is one year. If they are really confident about the quality of their product, they will not hesitate to offer warranty for a lifetime. Within the warranty period, the manufacturer can offer free repair if there are defects experienced.
- Reviews: If you still find it hard to decide which tire rack to buy, one good thing to do is to consult with the opinions of other people. Go online and search for reviews from real users. This will be a good way to see the good and the bad about the options that you are already considering.
Top Choices for the Best Tire Racks
To narrow down the options that will confront you, below are three of the products that you might find interesting.
What are the Different Types of Tire Racks?
As you decide on which product to buy, it is important to be familiar with the different tire racks that are available. In this case, the following are the options that you will have:
1. Standing Floor Style Tire Rack
- This is the most popular style that is available
- Some models have lockable wheels, making it easier to change the position
- They normally have one to two levels
2. Wall-Mounted Tire Rack
- This is a good choice if you want a rack to be permanently installed
- It comes with screws and bolts that will be needed to attach the rack on the wall
- The capacity is often lesser compared to a rack that stands on the floor
3. Foldable Tire Rack
- This is a type of tire rack that falls under the wall-mounted
- Perfect for a small garage as it promotes space efficiency
- When tires are not stored in the rack, you can have it folded so that it will not get on the way
Quick Tips in Using Tire Racks and Organizing Tires
To make the most out of your tire rack and to ensure that your tires will remain in their tip-top condition while they are stored, below are some of the most important things that you have to remember:
- One of the most important is to choose where to position the tire racks in the garage. If they are wall-mounted, be sure to place them somewhere you do not walk a lot. Keep it on the side where there is not much foot traffic so that it won’t have to obstruct your movement.
- Place the tire racks somewhere that is away from direct sunlight. Too much heat can damage the tires, especially if you intend to keep them for a long time. Rubber, the main material used in tires, can easily deteriorate if it is directly exposed to sunlight.
- When storing tires in the rack, position them vertically and not horizontally. This will lessen the stress on the tires. There will be no burden of weight from the top, and hence, prevents distortion.
- Clean the tires before putting them on the rack. Any dirt or debris can harden, and hence, will be more difficult to remove in the future. Soap and water will be more than enough to get rid of dirt and grime that are present in the tires.
- Inspect the tire every now and then if they have not been removed from the rack. Performing occasional turns will be good to minimize stress, especially if you stack tires on top of each other.
From the five products that we have briefly mentioned earlier, if there is one that I can personally recommend, it would be HyLoft 01000 Multi-tire Rack. From versatility to durability, this is an investment that is worth having. There are adjustments that you can make to accommodate different tire sizes. It is also strong enough to withstand many years of tough use.
Is there any other product that you need for your garage? Click here and you will be directed to our buying guides, which will help you decide on which ones can provide the best bang for the buck.