When you are on the road, it is undeniable that you will be devoid of the luxuries of home, such as a comfortable place to sleep or even an en-suite bathroom where you can have a relaxing shower. Luckily, with technologies these days, you can have a warm bath even in your RV. All that you need is to find the right water heater.
In the rest of this post, we will tackle some of the best RV tankless water heaters that are available in the market today, as well as some of the reasons why they are amongst the best. We will also tackle some of the most important considerations and the types of water heaters that you might want to take into account.
What Factors Should You Consider When Choosing the Best RV Tankless Water Heaters
To start your search for a product that can provide the best bang for the buck, below are some of the considerations that will be helpful:
- Feedbacks: The first thing that you should do is to consult with what other people are saying. Go online and look for discussion forums. Websites like Amazon is also a good place to gather opinions, which will allow you to easily weigh the pros and cons of the possibilities.
- Power Source: Should you opt for an electric or gas-powered tankless water heater? More of this will be discussed later in this guide. Your choice will have an impact on factors like efficiency, cost, maintenance, and user-friendliness, among others.
- Accessories: To be provided with excellent value for money, see to it that the manufacturer will already provide everything that you need to complete its assembly, such as the hoses and all the fittings. It will also be good if the unit is already inclusive of a high-quality showerhead.
- Installation: As you evaluate the possibilities, take note as well of their installation. You must be able to do so in a snap and without the need for a helping hand. They should provide comprehensive instructions so that you will know the detailed steps on how to assemble the tankless water heater.
- Heat Output: In the case of gas tankless water heaters, this is expressed as BTU or British Thermal Units. The higher the number is, the hotter the water could get within a short span of time, which will be effective of the product’s reliability.
- Water Output: This is another technical specification that deserves your attention. This is expressed as GPM or gallons per minutes. This corresponds to how much water can flow out of the shower and the unit can heat within a minute.
- Durability: If you choose top-of-the-line water heater, it can last for more than 20 years without any problem. See to it that it is made from superior materials that can withstand the test of time.
- Warranty: What will you do if the product breaks unintentionally when it is used? If it is still under the warranty coverage, you can return it to the manufacturer. They will repair the unit and replace the parts that are problematic, at no cost on your end. Nonetheless, be sure to abide with the terms and conditions to be eligible for the warranty.
Top Picks for the Best RV Tankless Water Heaters
If you are clueless on what will make the best choice, in this section, we will have a rundown of five of the options that you might want to consider.
Different Types of Tankless Water Heaters
Especially for first-time buyers, it is pretty much normal to be overwhelmed with the long list of alternatives that are available. To make it easier for you to decide which one to purchase, it is important to be familiar with the different types of tankless water heaters that are available. Among other things, you can differentiate them on the basis of their source of power:
1. Gas Tankless Water Heater
- It can be powered by either propane or kerosene. Most of the options use propane.
- The price can easily go more than a thousand dollars, especially if you would like to opt for a model with innovative features.
- Because of the low price of gas, compared to electricity, this will be cheaper in the long run.
- The efficiency of gas heaters can range from 80 to 85%.
- This will also require more maintenance, especially because combustion can be a significant safety issue.
- The production of greenhouse gases and the reliance on fossil fuels will make it detrimental to the environment.
- It requires venting, which will add up to the complication of the installation.
2. Electric Tankless Water Heater
- If you are looking for a budget-friendly alternative, this is cheaper than gas.
- This is also much easier to install compared to a tankless water heater that is powered by gas.
- You will need to install a supply of electricity in your RV, which can be a generator or solar panels, among other possibilities.
- The efficiency of electric heaters can range from 98 to 99%.
- When it comes to environmental impact, electric tankless water heaters can prove to be the better choice. You do not have to worry about greenhouse gas emissions and the environmental impact is relatively minimal.
- There is no need for venting
Tips in Using Tankless Water Heater
It is not enough that you invest in a tankless water heater that can deliver superior quality. To enjoy its optimal functionality, below are some tips that you have to keep in mind:
- Pay attention to regular maintenance of the water heater. Even if there seems to be no problem, once in a couple of months, you should take time to inspect the problem. This will let you identify an issue before it worsens, prolonging the life of the heater. This is also important for safety considerations.
- Pay attention to the source of water as well. In some instances, you will notice that the water may be dirty or stinky. Your heater will not get rid of the impurities and dirt that are possibly present in water. Make sure that it is clean.
- When cleaning the tankless water heater, you can use vinegar to flush out the system. Lemon and baking soda will also do the trick. They can be effective in getting rid of the traces of hard minerals that could have been left in the heater. These minerals are remnants from the hard water that you are using.
- Use only the parts that are provided by the manufacturer. If there are accessories that you have to purchase, see to it that they will satisfy the specifications that will be suitable for the heater that you have.
In sum, the best RV tankless water heaters can deliver an abundance of benefits, which will make RV camping less frustrating. Even if you are in the woods and out of your home, you can have a warm shower. You will feel refreshed and rejuvenated as you bathe in warm water – one thing that you may have previously thought of being impossible.
Are you looking for similar products that can make RV camping less stressful? Click here and read our buying guides as we help you out in making a well-informed decision.