Life on the road is quite exciting, but if you are required to perform typical household work, your chores can steal away the fun. An extended RV outing will result in heaps of clothes to wash and dry.
Washing and drying your clothes in your RV might be an option that is available to everyone, although in different ways. When your washing and drying options are limited there are various options available.
So if you are planning a two-month trip, then make sure your RV has a tool box. If the washer/dryer stops working, you will have tools to repair it. The following are 5 RV washer/dryer options to consider.
Keep Away From The Hassle Of Untidy Clothing Issues: Complete Reviews Of The 5 Best RV Washer Dryer For Camping 2017!
What is RV Washer Dryer?
An RV is a fully equipped vehicle that combines transportation with temporary living facilities for travel and camping. An RV washer dryer is the best way to wash your clothes when you are traveling for weeks or months.
It is very important when you are traveling with your family for more days to get your clothes cleaned. It is not possible to wash and dry clothes in a vehicle. An RV wash dryer will perform a different wash and spin cycles. They are compact and easily portable.
What are the Different Types of RV Washers and Dryers available in the Market?
The major type of RV washer and dryers are:
- RV stackable washer and dryer: The machine works similar to that one in your home. They can handle 12-pound loads, and it uses the washer and dryer the same time. If there is space, you may use it.
- The washer and dryer combo: They are the most popular choice by RVers because they are effective and efficient. They use one drum for washing and drying. They are designed for small spaces and available in both vented and non-vented models.
- Portable washer and dryer: You can do laundry anywhere with an excess of electric outlets, sink, and a drain. Some models don’t require electricity to work. The portable dryers are non-vented, and some model comes with sensors to track how dirty your clothes are. Most of these models come with multiple heating and drying cycle.
There are two variations across the three types. These include:
- Vented – The machine uses air in the room to dry your clothes. To accommodate them in the space, you have to make holes for the exhaust vent.
- Non-vented – When drying clothes, the unit will heat the air inside the drum to dry your clothes. Such RV’s use lot of water and drying clothes take a long time.
The 5 Best RV Washer Dryer On The Market
1. Panda Compact Washer 1.6 cu.ft
The Panda 1.6 cubic foot washer can load clothes up to 11 pounds. With the quiet operation as it makes one of the best washer dryers to be installed in your vehicle. It comes with 6 washing programs. The offers a nice LED touch pad interface and uses a regular 110 volt plug. It can roll for easy transport when needed.
- The portable washer has a stainless steel drum and LED display and touch pad.
- The see through lid shows the water level and the water flow.
- This top loading machine has a smooth rolling wheels.
- There is a pause button to interrupt for adding more laundry.
- The Panda portable washer has a compact design allowing it to be installed easily in a limited space.
- They come with wheels allowing easily to be moved away into storage.
- A maximum of 11 lbs of clothes can be loaded into the stainless steel drum at one time per wash cycle.
- Using the simple touch pad, you may choose heavy, normal or delicate wash.
- It can connect to the faucet with quick connect adapter included.
- The machine offers good features for work well.
- It is compact and fits into smaller spaces (37" * 19.75" * 20.50")
- The machine operates quietly.
- May have longevity issues.
- Water levels may not go high enough.
2. Giantex Portable Mini Compact Twin Tub Washing Machine
The Giantex compact portable washing machine comes with a capacity of 11 lbs with a spinner that can handle 6.6 lbs of food. Works great for small load. Uses 300w when washing and 110w for for spinning. It is light weight for easy transport and storage. Great for small spaces.
- This washing machine is portable and plugs into 120 Volt outlet.
- It has a small, powerful washing tub.
- The control panel offers easy to switch between wash, drain and spin function.
- The spin tub offers great spin effect.
- The machine has one side of washing and one side of the spinning feature.
- The machine is small, compact and portable. You can easily move the machine from your apartment to the RV.
- It includes the drainage pump and external hose. Just hang the hose over a sink or tub.
- Effective wash, you may use 260W washing power.
- The spinner power is 140W.
- It is a lightweight, portable machine.
- It has a decent size washer for the size.
- It comes with spinner.
- It is suitable to be used for 1 to 2 people.
- Water filling hose may not fit faucet.
- Small load amounts.
3. Splendide WD2100XC White Vented Combo Washer/Dryer
The Spendide washer / dryer combo offers 15 lb wash capacity and 11 lb drying capacity. It runs very quietly. It has many washing and drying options to fit your needs. It offers a space saving size helps clean effectively with a powerful motor. It is a perfect RV travel .
- The machines have a simple wash cycle, set a dry time and press start.
- The extra wide door opening features make it easy to load clothes easily.
- The soft touch electronic knob turns easily. You may adjust the water level. It will display the cycle status.
- The bi-directional drum rotates by reducing fabric wrinkling.
- It is very compact and ideal to be used for small space. You may install it in kitchen, bathroom or cramped space.
- The machine offers great performance with ten wash cycles and three dry cycles.
- You may choose each type of cycle appropriate to the garment. Your clothes will stay in better shape.
- The machine is easy to use and choose the wash cycle you want.
- You may add laundry during the cycle.
- The filter will clean it and remove its lint.
- It is ideal to be used in RV’s.
- You can dry only a few clothes at a time in the dryer.
- Some clothes or fabrics may end up with more wrinkles. So avoid using silk like fabrics in the machine.
4. ZENY Portable Compact Mini Twin Tub Washing Machine
The aviation washing machine comes with twin tub a washer and a spinner. It offers wash capacity of 8 lbs. and spin capacity 5 lbs. at a time. You may load a small to medium number of clothes in the machine. They are ideal to be used in cramp areas and RV. It consists of twin tub washer and spin, and it also includes drainage pump and tube that is ideal for dorm rooms, RVs and other vehicles.
- It is a portable washing machine with dual function unit help to perform small to medium load anytime.
- The wash timer can run for 15 minutes and spin timer to 5 minutes. It came with a drainage tube and built in drainage pump.
- You may load 8 lbs of clothes at a time. Fill the turn through water inlet and load garments. Put the detergent and set the timer.
- It has a small compact design and the twin tub washing machine and doesn’t take too much space in your RV.
- The machine has a transparent lid allowing you to see the washing process from outside. Transfer the clothes from the machine to the spinner easily.
- The small compact machine along with spinner performs great and fast.
- The fast acting spinner removes water in 5 minutes. The built in drainage offers no fuss maintenance.
- It is a small, compact washing machine, easily portable.
- They are ideal for small rooms and RV.
- They offer great washing and spinning features.
- Takes more work than normal washer.
- May break after a while.
5. Dometic WDCVLB2 White Ventless Washer Dryer Combo
This black is a vent less washer dryer that comes with 10 wash cycles and several drying cycles. The LED display and push button settings give you many options to use for this space saving device.
- It is a highly efficient washer dryer that offers continuous wash and dry features. Many cycle options are easy to operate.
- The LCD timer display with alarm and the machine use 20% less water than any other machine.
- It has three spate compartments for detergent, liquid and fabric softener. It comes with a child lock feature.
- It is a space saving combo unit best suitable to be used in your RV. It has a compact design and easily portable anywhere you travel.
- The self-cleaning wash cycle offers you to choose different washing options for cotton, delicate, bulky and baby clothes.
- With spin speed, extra rinse and adjustable water temperature, the machine performs great. You can dry 15 pounds of clothes at a time.
- The cooler door temperature protects pets and children.
- It uses 20% less water than any other models.
- It has a self-cleaning wash cycle and pump.
- It has a one year warranty.
- It comes with an installation kit.
- May have be noisy.
- Vibration may be an issue.
- It doesn’t come with a pre-wash or pre-soak feature for dirty clothes.
- The machine has a small tub, and the clothes don’t move properly through the water.
After making the above product reviews of the best RV washer dryers, I see that the clear winner among the above is the “Panda Small Compact Portable Washing Machine.”
The all-in-one washer dryer is quite popular for use in recreational vehicles. They are used to do washing chores easier when you are traveling. Get your laundry done on the road with various options available. You can focus more on your RV vacation.
If you don't have the option to do washing in your RV and no facilities are available, the final option would be to either go to a river and wash your clothing or try a bucket plunger agitator.
Thanks for visiting Drivinglife.net