RV Washer and Dryer [5 Options]
Life on the road is quite exciting, but if you are required to perform typical household work, your trip can steal away the fun. Washing and drying clothes on the road is not a simple task as you do at home. A weekend RV outing will result in having a heap of clothes to wash and dry.
There are many ways to wash clothes on the road. Getting an RV washing and dryer is one option. While not all RVs can use a washer/dryer, there are a variety of options that might work for your RV.
An RV washer and dryer can make your life easier. So if you are planning a two-month trip, then make sure to see if hooking up some type of washer/dryer is an option.
What is RV Washer Dryer?
An RV is a fully equipped vehicle that combines transportation with temporary living facilities for travel and camping. An RV washer dryer is the best way to wash your clothes when you are traveling for weeks or months.
It is very important when you are traveling with your family for more days to get your clothes cleaned. It is not possible to wash and dry clothes in a vehicle. An RV wash dryer will perform different wash and spin cycles. They are compact and easily portable.
What are the Different Types of RV Washers and Dryers available in the Market?
The major type of RV washers and dryers are:
- RV stackable washer and dryer: The machine works similarly to the one in your home. It can handle 12-pound loads, and it uses the washer and dryer at the same time. If there is space, you may use it.
- The washer and dryer combo: They are the most popular choice by RVers because they are effective and efficient. They use one drum for washing and drying. They are designed for small spaces and are available in both vented and non-vented models.
- Portable washer and dryer: You can do laundry anywhere with an excess of electric outlets, a sink, and a drain. Some models don’t require electricity to work. The portable dryers are non-vented, and some model comes with sensors to track how dirty your clothes are. Most of these models come with multiple heating and drying cycle.
There are two variations across the three types. These include:
- Vented – The machine uses air in the room to dry your clothes. To accommodate them in the space, you have to make holes in the exhaust vent.
- Non-vented – When drying clothes, the unit will heat the air inside the drum to dry your clothes. Such RVs use a lot of water and drying clothes take a long time.
5 RV Washer and Dryer Options
1. Panda Compact Washer 1.7 cu. ft
The Panda 1.7 cubic foot washer can load clothes up to 11 pounds. With its quiet operation as it makes one of the best washer-dryers to be installed in your vehicle. It comes with 6 washing programs. The offers a nice LED touchpad interface and uses a regular 110-volt plug. It can roll for easy transport when needed.
- The portable washer has a stainless steel drum and LED display and touchpad.
- The folding lid is for tight areas.
- This top-loading machine has smooth rolling wheels.
- There is a pause button to interrupt to add more laundry.
- The Panda portable washer has a compact design allowing it to be installed easily in a limited space.
- They come with wheels allowing them easily to be moved away into storage.
- A maximum of 11 lbs of clothes can be loaded into the stainless steel drum at one time per wash cycle.
- Using the simple touchpad, you may choose heavy, normal, or delicate wash.
- It can connect to the faucet with a quick-connect adapter included.
- The machine offers good features for working well.
- It is compact and fits into smaller spaces (37″ x 20″ x 21″)
- The machine operates quietly.
2. Giantex Portable Mini Compact Twin Tub Washing Machine
The Giantex compact portable washing machine comes with a capacity of 11 lbs with a spinner that can handle 6.6 lbs of food. Works great for a small load. Uses 300w when washing and 110w for spinning. It is lightweight for easy transport and storage. Great for small spaces.
- This washing machine is portable and plugs into a 120 Volt outlet.
- It has a small, powerful washing tub.
- The control panel offers an easy-to-switch between wash, drain, and spin functions.
- The spin tub offers a great spin effect.
- The machine has one side for washing and one side for the spinning feature.
- The machine is small, compact, and portable. You can easily move the machine from your apartment to the RV.
- It includes the drainage pump and external hose. Just hang the hose over a sink or tub.
- For effective wash, you may use 260W washing power.
- The spinner power is 140W.
- It is a lightweight, portable machine.
- It has a decent size washer for the size.
- It comes with a spinner.
- It is suitable to be used for 1 to 2 people.
3. Splendide 2000S Vented Combo Washer/Dryer
The Splendide washer/dryer combo offers an 8-gallon wash capacity (10lb Wash/6lb Dry). It runs quietly. It has many washing and drying options to fit your needs. It offers a space-saving size and helps clean effectively with a powerful motor. It is a perfect RV travel.
- The machine is energy-star rated.
- Dimensions are 33-1/4″H x 23-1/2″W x 22-3/16″D
- Has a stainless steel tub and drum.
- It has 9 Wash Programs / 3 Dry Programs / 7 Water Temp. Selections / 4 Special Wash Options
- 120V, 60Hz, 13Amp, 1300W
- It is very compact and ideal for use in small spaces. You may install it in the kitchen, bathroom, or cramped space.
- The machine offers an automatic wash-to-dry cycle
- 1200 RPM spin speed
- The machine is easy to use and choose the wash cycle you want.
- You may add laundry during the cycle.
- May be available for use in some RVs.
4. Super Deal Portable Compact Mini Twin Tub Washing Machine
The aviation washing machine comes with a twin tub a washer and a spinner. It offers a wash capacity of 8 lbs. and a spin capacity of 5 lbs. at a time. You may load a small to a medium number of clothes in the machine. They are ideal for cramped areas and RVs. It consists of a twin tub washer and spin, and it also includes a drainage pump and tube that is ideal for dorm rooms, RVs, and other vehicles.
- It is a portable washing machine with a dual-function unit that helps to wash small to medium loads anytime.
- The wash timer can run for 15 minutes and the spin timer for 5 minutes. It came with a drainage tube and a built-in drainage pump.
- You may load 8 lbs of clothes at a time. Fill the turn-through water inlet and load garments. Put in the detergent and set the timer.
- It has a small compact design and a twin tub washing machine and doesn’t take up too much space in your RV.
- The machine has a transparent lid allowing you to see the washing process from the outside. Transfer the clothes from the machine to the spinner easily.
- The small compact machine along with the spinner performs great and fast.
- The fast-acting spinner removes water in 5 minutes. The built-in drainage offers no-fuss maintenance.
- It is a small, compact washing machine, easily portable.
- They are ideal for small rooms and RVs.
- They offer great washing and spinning features.
5. Sentern Compact Portable Laundry Dryer
This Merax brand dryer is a dryer that can work in small apartments and some RVs. Using 120V and 60Hz you can dry 9lbs of clothes with temperatures up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Portable clothes dryer with quick-time drying in as fast as 20 minutes.
- Functional 4 modes: COOL DOWN; WARM; HOT; AIR DRY
- Drying Sensor Mode & Auto-Stop Feature
- Quiet Tumbling for up to 9lbs of clothes
- Measures 24″L x 18″D x 28.5″H.
- Sentern Wall Mounting Kit included
- Stainless Steel
- Compact to fit in smaller areas
- Dry sensing technology
After making the above product reviews of the RV washers & dryers, It seems to me that my choice would be the “Panda Small Compact Portable Washing Machine.”
This all-in-one washer and dryer are quite popular for use in recreational vehicles. They are used to doing washing chores easier when you are traveling. Get your laundry done on the road with various options available. You can focus more on your RV vacation.
Thanks for visiting Drivinglife.net