A hybrid car uses two or more types of power, like electronic with engine motor. In simple words a car which runs on both battery and fuel. The technology came into existence in the year of 1990 and first car introduced in the USA in the year of 2009 by Ford, car named Ford Fusion.
There are many power sources, which works in a hybrid car:
- Petrol or diesel
- Coal, Wood
- Human power
All these cars are overall fuel efficient; however, just like one has to be better than the other, certain hybrid cars do have this advantage. Hybrid cars join the benefit of a gasoline engine and electric engine. The main area for performance is for breaking, both power source and low idling.
- Regeneration of breaking: The gear chain can be used to transfer energy into electrical energy. The exact gear chain which holds out against of it. This forced resistance from electric motor stops the vehicle as well as charges the batteries.
- Double power: Power can be obtained from engine or motor or both depending on driving. Extra power can be provided by an electric motor which helps the vehicle to speed up or in climbing hills.
- Auto On/Off: Vehicle automatically shuts downs and stars when the accelerator is pressed. This automation is very easy in an electric
The hybrid cars are day by day achieving good fuel economy and lower discharge than normal internal firing engine vehicle, affecting in less discharge generated. This can get by typical three featured normally found in hybrid cars.
- Depending on both engine and the electric motors for top power needs, out coming in smaller size engine then engine which gets more power.
- Possessing a great capacity of battery life to use and reproduce more power.
- Catching some amount to the battery while breaking that is normally lost as heat.
How does charging works in hybrid cars?
The best opening to charging lithium-ion batteries is 3-432 voltage. Recharging your car with 240-voltage take time anything from 1 to 4 hours; while, the quick charge facility may take on less than an hour to recharge your car.
The car should fulfill the recharging the batteries when it is braked; this will not be lost more energy. The car then gets emission more energy when it is driven at higher speed or climbing uphill with more weight. These days in hybrid cars, the batteries are in between range from 0.6kWh to 2.4kWh, which is showing major contrast.
Hybrids, by Standards
- "Small" Hybrids: This version of the car adds up small particle to assist the start/stop engine. Due to its not full capacity of hybridization, they are made of less expensive metal and lithium-ion batteries, which keep the price down. General Motors was first to introduce such cars; they call it ‘eAssits.' It was a 4-cylinder version of Buick Lacrosse car.
- Medium Hybrids: Such cars are similar hybrids without enough power to pull the vehicle in full electric mode. The fuel engine is used all the time and is enlarged by the electric engine when extra power is required.
- Strong Hybrids: These type of cars have a big amount of electrical and battery power as well to generate all electrical mode, with the start/stop button, regeneration of braking and engine assistance. The Toyota Prius launched in 2010 in the USA, which was the first and successful model too.
Let's Get to Know about Batteries
Generally, Hybrid car uses two types of battery. The first one is Nickel-Metal hybrid batteries, and another is Lithium-ion.
Nickel-Metal is used almost in all current cars, but they are not as powerful as someone wants, and it cannot be recharged by just plugging in.
Lithium-ion batteries are long-lasting for automotive use. This can be plugged in for recharging purpose. They are not so heavy in terms of weight and more energetic than Nickel-Metal ones. Researchers are improving batteries day by day by working hard on it, Next generation batteries are much lighter, less expensive, more powerful, and has a great range.
Extra Hybrid Inspection
Due to its very uncommon way to performance, hybrid car makers have to make changes to the all the equipment which permit the engines to shut down when driving in an electric mode.
Engineers have invented new Power Steering, which is nowadays used in every family car.
Air-condition are to use engine power to keep up the good work. Thus, a hybrid car uses a new compressor which gives enough power to AC. Many less expensive cars, makers use engine based compressor which eats much of the hybrid fuel of the car.
Now talking about the engine itself, hybrids that use a CVT has a benefit of good efficient Atkinson cycle. It also has a four-stroke engine cycle that adjusts when the air is let into the combustion chamber. The Atkinson cycle requires engine speed (rpm) to stay constant.
Here are some fun facts about hybrid cars:
- Hybrid cars are a non-polluting vehicle; it makes 90 percent fewer pollutants in nature compare to non-hybrid ones.
- Hybrid car has a low value of depreciation, so if you want a good payback value it is a car to invest in
- Hybrid cars are also silent and relaxing to drive. Being on the highway the car just acts like fuel-powered one.
- Hybrid cars will save you a lot of money which you earn. The fuel cost is 20 percent to 25 percent lesser than a normal car.
- Repair cost will you cost you much as companies are maintaining new and less expensive machines.
Let's get to know about hybrid cars presently available in the USA
1. Toyota Prius
With a mixture of space and power, the price is quite thrilling. 2016 is full power packed with a four-cylinder engine and double electric motors with a great fuel economy of 55 miles per gallon on city roads. The makers redeveloped Prius, which make it more enjoyable and add bliss to your driving experience.
Prius comes along with so many functions such as:
- Climate control
- Push start/stop engine
- Lane keeps assisting
Toyota has done a lot for safety in just $ 30,000 USD. Prius has been getting respect in US market for its great fuel economy and popular culture.
2. Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid
The new 2016 Chevy Malibu is powerful 1.8-liter petrol engine and 1.5kWh Lithium-ion battery package under the trunk. The car is more of a larger family sedan which has mixed version of the braking system, air-conditions. Malibu has set high fuel economy score among its rival, with 48 miles per gallon when the engine hits up the car fly.
Priced at $28,000 USD Malibu has 5 seating capacity with a large boot. With great handling and other things, this car does not feel like a hybrid car.
3. Ford Fusion Hybrid
With a great mixture of good reviews and great cost, The 2016 Ford Fusion is best hybrid car available in US market. A blend of style, power, and safety, Fusion is powered by 181 horsepower 1.5-liter diesel engine and electric engine which has only 19-mile range. Fusion is a front wheel drive car with the high-end interior.
The price tag of this car is $27,000 USD, which offers you various facilities like:
- Touch-screen interface
- Automatic headlight
- Traffic sensor
- Pedestrian alert
In the current world, Prices of fuel are shooting up so is the pollution, the whole globe is talking about global warming and other calamities. So, car makers are interested in making more and more fuel-efficient and nature-friendly cars. Sale of hybrid cars has ranged in between 2 to 4 percent of the market.
When you want to sell your old car, hybrid car owners have been very happy to find that their cars have held a higher value than on- hybrid of the same car. Even if fuel prices have a drop down for some time, we can still count on them going back up again in future as we see higher oil supplies worldwide, So the real value of your hybrid car's mileage will be the same.
Hybrid cars have gained a lot of popularity over time in the last few years. This is not only in the United States, but also across the globe. These cars are considered to be amongst the best fuel and mileage driven cars in the today's time. If you have a daily traveling job or if you are commuting long hours and distances every day, then the best option for you is to get a hybrid car for yourself. It shall definitely save you a fortune every month.
Share your views: Hope you get the all the information about the hybrid cars. Please do comment if you have any question and do share your experience with us.