A bedliner is one of the most important for a pickup, which acts like a sock to a foot or a case to a cellphone. For many people, they would probably end up being confused when buying the best spray-on bedliner. There are many choices that are available, making it difficult to come up with the right choice. Also, for someone who lacks technical knowledge, it is easy to get intimidated.
If you need help in choosing a spray-on bed liner, keep on reading the rest of this guide and I will help you to make the right choice. Learn more about the factors that should be looked at, as well as five of the best models you might want to take into account.
What is a Spray-On Bedliner?
Some of you might have not yet heard of spray-on bed liner. I cannot blame you, especially if you do not have a pickup. This is one thing that you think you do not need until someone talks about its benefits. Right there and then, you will have a change of mind and consider a bed liner as a priority.
Simply put, this is a liquid that is applied on the surface of the pickup through spraying. It forms a protective and seamless coating. It is made from polyurethane, which is the same material that is used in sealants. It is important as it protects the surface from scratches and other visible damages. It can be effective but only if you make sure that it is applied properly and you pick the right product.
Types of Spray-On Bedliners
Generally speaking, they can be categorized into two:
- Aliphatic: This is a type of polyurethane coating that is made from compounds that have better pigments. This is often preferred by many because this means that fading will be quite longer compared to its counterpart.
- Aromatic: If you are looking for a budget-friendly alternative, on the other hand, this is the right option for you. The only problem with this product is that it will most likely fade easily, which means that you will have to reapply.
Reviews of the Best Spray-On Bedliner
If you still have no idea which product will make a great choice, in this section, we will discuss more about five of the best choices that are available in the market. We will identify some of their notable features, as well as a few of their pros and cons.
Essential Factors to Consider
If you are having a hard time deciding which one to choose, in this section, we will identify some of the most important factors that you must consider.
- Reviews: One of the first things that you must do is to read the reviews shared by other people. Their feedback will be helpful in differentiating the possibilities. This will make it easy for you to determine how one product is better compared to its competitors. Pay attention to what they are saying about the quality of the bed liner so that you will have an idea on what to expect from it.
- Ease of Use: The good thing about many of the bed liners in the market today is that they can be applied on your own. It is a DIY task that can be easy, provided that you know the steps. With this, you should pay attention to how user-friendly is the product. It must come with all the necessary tools that you need. The manufacturer must also provide detailed instructions on how it can be used, which will increase the possibility of achieving the intended outcomes.
- Durability: When it comes to spray-on bed liners, being durable means that they must stay on the surface of the truck for an extended period. It must take a while to fade. Even if it is exposed to the heat of the sun and other external elements, it must not easily crack or peel. Otherwise, you will end up wasting your money. It must also be able to resist stain and dust.
- Color Compatibility: Before choosing which spray-on bed liner should be purchased, consider the color of your truck. With this, pick a color that will perfectly match. Nonetheless, keep in mind that color can also change depending on the way that it is applied. In most cases, over-application will lead to making the color darker than its actual shade.
- Quantity: You need to determine how much will be needed, which will obviously depend on the size of the pickup where the bedliner will be applied. Avoid buying more than what you will need so that you won’t waste money.
- Inclusions: You should also pay attention to what is included in the product. In some cases, they are sold only as the bed liner itself. In other instances, meanwhile, they are already inclusive of everything that you will need, such as a gritting paper and an applicator. The latter is the better option because you no longer have to buy the required tools, which means that you can start right away.
The best spray-on bedliner is an essential investment for all pickup owners. This will be helpful in the prevention of scratches and external damages. Also, this can be helpful in the prevention of rusting and corrosion. It can be beneficial in more ways than one, but only if you make the right choice. With this, you should exert effort and find time to take a close look at the possibilities before you decide which one to purchase.