A sewer hose is an essential part of your RV, as it removes the dirty water during your camping trip. To ensure hygiene, you must have the best RV sewer hose. This article will serve as a guide to all the things you need to know about RV sewer hoses. We will also provide you the top five picks for the best RV sewer hose. We will also give you each product’s features that you can use to make a decision before making a purchase.
Best RV Sewer Hose: A Must-Read Before Buying
What is an RV Sewer Hose?
Let’s define what an RV sewer hose is first before we proceed with the discussions. An RV sewer hose is a hose that allows drainage and is commonly used in recreational vehicles. It is used as a pipe system that flushes waste coming from your RV to an external sewage system. Before you make a purchase, it is vital that you review this guide so you won’t make an expensive mistake.
It should be kept in mind that sewer hoses must be well taken care of. You have to make sure that it won’t be rained down and not let it rust. If rust appears in your hose, it may result in water contamination. This is the reason why regular maintenance and cleaning is required if ever you get yourself an RV sewer hose. To add, this will ensure good hygiene is maintained and will not be reason for any health concerns.
In the next section, we are going to discuss the top five recommendations for the best RV sewer hose. Before that, let’s discuss first some of the advantages of having an RV sewer hose. If you have one of these, you may set up camp anywhere. Just as long you find yourself a nearby sewage system. To add, it promotes comfort and hygiene wherever you may go. Lastly, it is a very cheap way to get rid of unwanted wastes in your RV.
Top Five Choices for the Best RV Sewer Hose
In this section, we are going to discuss the top five picks for the best RV sewer hose. We will also give you a run down of each product’s key features, pros and cons that will help you.
1. Camco 39770 Rhino FLEX 15-Foot RV Sewer Hose Kit
Camco is a well-known brand in terms of recreational vehicle accessories and this product should be looked out for. The Rhino FLEX measures 15 feet and ensures fast connections even in lengthy distances. Four prongs are equipped with the hose’s bayonet. This will allow a secure fit while installing the sewer hose. A translucent elbow can be found at the end of the hose that comes with a detachable 4-inch adapter.
The adapter is only allowed to connect to 3-inch slip, 3 and ½ inch slip and 4-inch NPT threaded connections. Compared to other brands, the Rhino FLEX features reusable lock rings for third fittings. This will permit the fittings to be placed to any other Rhino flex hose after using it. In addition, an accompanying storage cap can be found at each end. Lastly, it is very easy to store, as it can be compressed up to 56 inches.
- Works great lengthwise
- Secure fitting due to the presence of four prongs
- Swivels fits perfectly and can be detached easily
- The adapter is restricted to particular slips
- Its length can also be a disadvantage when cleaning
2. Valterra D04-0275 20 Feet Dominator Sewer Hose Kit
The second one on this list would be the 20-foot long Valterra Sewer Hose. What sets this hose apart is that it’s designed as two 10-foot sections that you can use together or separately. It will mostly depend on the length you need to flush the waste from your recreational vehicle. It also has a UV coating that protects the surfaces from high temperature and from wearing easily.
The Valterra sewer hose comes with a rotating fitting that permits you to connect easily. The hose is also designed to compress for convenient storage. To add, the hose is crafted flexibly in such a way that it can be used even in frigid temperatures. It can also hold its shape while being used. Lastly, user reviews revealed that this sewer hose lasts a long time as long as maintained properly.
- Long lasting
- Designed as two 10-foot sections
- Can be compressed for easy storage
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Might take a lot of effort to expand it
- It might be difficult to see if all waste have been removed
3. Lippert 359724 Waste Master 20’ Extension RV Sewer Hose
The Lippert Waste Master comes with a complete CAM lock connector that makes sure there are no leaks. These connectors have been used in the liquid transportation industry for decades and ensure a reliable seal. External material is made of helical coil while the inside of the hose is smoother. It measures 5 feet when compressed, 18 feet when expanded and is also UV protected.
The Lippert Waste Master features technology ensures that it is extended during use, even to the exact length required. It also has a permanently connected nozzle that is crafted with an easy-grip handle, a shut-off valve and viewport. Through the viewport, the user will be able to see if waste has all been removed from the hose. Lastly, the nozzle has a 90-degree discharge port, which is very easy to fit and secure.
- Features CAM lock connector
- Can be compressed up to 5 feet
- Easy to store
- UV protected
- Might be expensive for some
- Some users complained about its quality
4. Thetford Titan Sewer 15-Foot Hose Kit
The Thetford Hose Kit is one of the best-rated sewer hoses available in the market right now. This product comes with a standard length hose, along with a 10 feet extension that may come handy. It has an easily aligned body that allows the hose to revolve easily without damaging it. It also features a five in one sewer adapter with handle that allows firm grasp.
Another great feature of the Thetford Hose Kit is the extended grip fitting that makes sure it suits any head. They have secured end caps that make sure there are no leaks while being stored. It is also equipped with TPE cover that secures the hose from being damaged. It can endure extreme temperatures and it has the ability to resist dents and abrasions. Lastly, user reviews revealed that this product lasts longer than expected.
- Suits any kind of head
- Features TPE cover for damage resistance
- Long lasting
- Features two secured end caps
- Its length might be too short for some users
- Might be difficult to compress for storage
5. Prest-O-Fit 1-0061 Blueline 10' Ultimate Sewer Hose
This sewer hose comes with Pushover Quick Connectors that is equipped on both ends. It ensures that fitting is simple and suits connection with other Blueline fittings as well. You won’t need clamps, threading or tools if you have this model. To add, material is made of high quality and heavy-duty vinyl that makes it UV and weather-resistant.
The Prest-O Blueline sewer hose is also known for its durability and strength. It can be compressed up to 25.5 inches and is available in different lengths: 5-feet, 10-feet, 17-feet and 25-feet. According to some reviews, this product is built to last, even enduring five years of use. One downside though comes from a user review. One buyer commented about the hose not extending into its advertised length.
- Material is made of vinyl
- Long lasting
- UV and weather-resistant
- Features Pushover Quick Connectors
- Hose might not extend to meet the full advertised length
- Some users commented about its bad quality and is prone to damage
Essential Factors to Consider when Choosing the Best RV Sewer Hose
Before we conclude this article, let’s first discuss what makes a good RV sewer hose. This might be the most important part of this article as this will help you narrow down your choices.
- Length: Sewer hoses come in several thickness and lengths. They also come in different materials. You can choose hose kits from 15 to 20 foot long, depending on your preferences. Some models also offer extension hoses that may come in handy if you need them. Normally, a 15 foot hose will do the job but some other jobs might require a longer one.
- Frequency of Use: A standard and cheaper sewer hose can be used if you do not travel a lot with your RV. If you need a highly-durable and heavy-duty design, go for one of the top five picks mentioned above. Make sure you evaluate your usage before you make a purchase.
- Flexibility: It is mandatory that the hose will stretch from your RV to the external sewage location. This is why it’s vital that the material the hose is made from is flexible enough.
- Consistent Flow: When choosing an RV sewer hose, you have to make sure that the hose is wide enough to accommodate the waste. Dumping stations may not always be ground level so you pick one that ensures continuous flow. This will be very advantageous especially if the hose is not angled downwards.
- Storage: RVs are designed with a small storage area. This is the reason why it is beneficial if the sewer hose is also easy to store. You have to choose one that you can compress easily.
We have now talked about everything there is to know about RV sewer hoses. Now it’s up to you to choose wisely according to the information presented above. It is vital that you review each product’s key features, pros and cons to make a better decision. With this guide, we hope that we are able to help you choose the best RV sewer hose. At the end of the day, you should look beyond cost. Quality and functionality should be more important considerations than the price of the product.
Are you also looking for other products to hook up to your RV? Click here to check some of the other products that are available in the market right now.