A low volume low pressure gun is one of the most common tools that you can find in the garage or workshop of automobile enthusiasts. It is also common for those who are into woodworking. It is basically a tool that is used for painting, but its application is limited to small areas. Like a sharp knife, it is known for the precision of the outcomes.
The market is abundant with choices for the best LVLP spray gun. Nonetheless, you should not make this an excuse to purchase just any product without giving a careful thought. To help you out in having a well-informed decision, this quick buying guide will provide you with valuable insights, specifically concerning the top four products you might want to consider.
What is LVLP Spray Gun?
LVLP stands for Low Volume Low Pressure, which is in reference to how it functions. The lack of air in this spray gun is compensated by the precision air cup. Like a fine and sharp needle, this spray gun will be best for any detailed work. A lower volume of air will be used by the spray gun for the purpose of atomizing the paint.
In automobile jobs, LVLP is mainly used in creating intricate patterns in the car. To add, this can also be a useful tool for woodworking or painting almost any surface. It has a small nozzle and minimal pressure, which is why you need to be patient in its use. For this reason as well, it is only for small jobs.
A lot of people prefer the use of LVLP spray gun because of the better quality of the finish, which tends to be smoother. Also, because of the minimal operating pressure, there is also lesser paint that goes to waste. Plus, once the job is done, cleanup will be a lot easier.
Types of LVLP Spray Guns
One of the most important things to keep in mind is the fact that not all LVLP spray guns are the same. With this, below are the two types that you will be confronted with:
- Bleeder Spray Gun: In this type, regardless of you are pulling the trigger or not, expect that the flow of air will be constant. The stream will end up being stronger and the drying process will be quicker. There is also a lesser tendency that the paint cap will suffer from clogging.
- Non-Bleeder Spray Gun: This is the more common option between the two. With this LVLP spray gun, once the trigger is released, the air will stop. This will provide users with more control on what comes out of the gun. One of the most common drawbacks, however, is that there is a higher chance that the cap will clog.
Choosing the Best LVLP Spray Gun
As you try to decide on what LVLP spray gun can provide the best value for the money, below are some of the most important things you have to take into account:
- Reviews: To be enlightened on the main differences between the options that you can find in the market, it would be good to start by reading reviews from past users. Their feedbacks will be useful in weighing the pros and cons of the alternatives.
- User-friendliness: This concerns how easy it is to use the LVLP spray gun. Especially if you are a beginner, you need to make sure that there are no complications. You might end up in frustration if operating the product will require technical expertise.
- Material: Most of the LVLP spray guns in the market have a body that is made from aluminum. This is a good choice because it is lightweight, which means that handling such will be almost effortless. To add, you also have to choose a material that will be reflective of durability.
- Weight: Because of the low volume and low pressure from this type of gun, it might take quite some time before you can finish a big project. Therefore, it is necessary that it is as lightweight as possible, which will minimize the likelihood that you will complain of discomfort.
- Output: This is measured in pounds per square inch or PSI. By nature, an LVLP spray gun will have a low PSI. Nonetheless, it is important to consider the range of the output, which will make the product more versatile in terms of the job that it can perform.
- Maintenance: It is inevitable that the LVLP spray gun will suffer from wear and tear after many years of use. With this, you have to choose one that will be effortless to clean and maintain. This makes it easy to retain the product in its tip-top condition, allowing it to deliver optimal performance.
Reviews of Our Picks for the Best LVLP Spray Gun
To make your search easier, here are some of the brands and models that deserve to be part of your list of alternatives.
Now that we have reached the end of this guide for the best LVLP spray gun, we hope that making the right choice is now an easier task for you. If there is one product that stands out from its competitors, it is SPRAYIT SP-33000LVLP Spray Gun. The latter comes with an ergonomic design and impressive specifications, allowing it to deliver superior functionality.
Are you looking for other DIY tools that you can add in your garage? Click here and we will help you go through some of the top products that you can see in the market.