Whether you have a home or business workshop, you need to invest in high-quality equipment that can offer unrivaled functionality, which will allow you to carry out your work in the best way possible. Among other tools, you need to have an air compressor.
A quality Air Compressor will help you to complete many jobs with cost-effective pneumatic power tools. From inflating a tire to working on the job, it can be beneficial for most jobs that require an electric tool. However, there are a few essential factors you should consider before choosing the best 60-Gallon Air Compressor:
- Workshop Conditions
- Tools to be Powered
- Help with Automotive and Around the House
- Technical Specifications
In the rest of this guide, we will take a look at the best 60-gallon air compressors. Aside from identifying four of the products you might want to consider, we will also discuss some of the most important factors that will have an impact on your purchase decision.
Types of Air Compressors
As you start your search for the best 60-gallon air compressors, one of the first things you should do is identify the specific type of product that you will need. In this case, the following are the options you will have:
- Stationary Air Compressors: They are large and perfect for the most demanding applications, which is why it is a common choice for the pros. They have a high horsepower motor and can be used even for an extended period of time. Most of them have a vertical design, which makes them space-efficient.
- Portable Air Compressors: For most home-based applications, this will be more than enough. It is compact and oftentimes has a wheeled design, making it easy to have it transferred from one place to another. It can be further classified into different types, including a wheelbarrow, twin-stack, hotdog, and pancake.
Top Picks for the Best 60-Gallon Air Compressors
Here are some of the brands and models you might want to consider.
1. Industrial Air ILA3606056 60-gallon Two Cylinder Air Compressor
If you are looking for an air compressor that can prove to be perfect even for the most demanding tools, this is one option you might want to consider. It delivers 155 PSI and 11.5 CFM at 90 PSI. Its body is made from cast iron, which is indicative of durability. It also has an oil lube pump, which will ensure that the motor will run quietly.
It weighs 228 pounds, which might seem heavy. In reality, even one person can easily transfer it from one place to another. However, like in the case of other 60-gallon air compressors, it would be best to have a fixed position.
The spread voltage motor is another feature that makes this an impressive pick. With the latter, you will have the option to use the product at 240 or 208 volts. You can do so without requiring changes in the setup of your wires.
Lastly, it already comes with the first load of synthetic oil, which will ensure its optimal performance.
Parts and product manual are on this page: www.industrialairusa.com
- Has the protection from thermal overload
- Perfect even for industrial use
2. Quincy QT-54 Splash Lubricated Reciprocating Air Compressor
The 5 HP motor of this product is one of its best features, which will make sure of its impressive performance regardless of the intended application. Regardless if you are a pro or a DIYer, this is one option that you will like.
Designed to last – this is another thing that you can expect from this product as it is exceptional when it comes to its durability. The cylinder is made from solid cast iron. The pump life, on the other hand, has a rating of 30,000 hours. The finned tube intercooler, meanwhile, extends the functional life of the valve.
For even heat dissipation, it is a good thing that it comes with an aluminum head, which is also known for its rugged design.
Lastly, you might also love it when it comes to safety. One feature that makes it safe to operate is the capacitor start motor. It also comes with protection from a low level of oil.
The product manual is on this page: QT-54
- Long-lasting pump
- The motor delivers exceptional power
- Operates with minimal vibration
3. Ingersoll Rand SS3L3 3-Horsepower 60-gallon Vertical Compressor
This is another powerful option that you might want to consider when looking for the best 60-gallon air compressors. One thing that makes this possible is its 3-HP motor, which is why even the pros can use it in demanding applications.
To add, it is also an excellent option when it comes to safety. Since it is electric, there is no risk of explosion that can be caused by gas. Even in an enclosed room, you can use it without any safety concerns. To add, it is also a good thing that it has thermal protection from overheating.
If you are still not convinced, it will help to know that this is made by a company that has been around for more than 100 years. The company has built a reputation that is hard to rival, which is a testament to the quality of its products.
The product manual is on this page: SS3L3
- Produces minimal noise
- Pump is durable
- Ideal even for professional applications
4. Puma Industries PK-6060V Air Compressor
With a 3-HP motor, this is another excellent option that you might want to take into account. Aside from the powerful motor, it also has 135 maximum PSI and a single-phase induction motor. For durability and safety, it is also a good thing that the motor offers protection from overloading.
In terms of mobility, this can also prove to be impressive. While the tank has a 60-gallon capacity, it will be easy for you to move this in different places. This is possible because of the wheels integrated with the base of the unit. In addition, the wheels also never go flat, which makes them reliable in terms of mobility.
It also delivers excellent air efficiency. For a 60-gallon compressor, you might think that it is bulky and will require a large space. However, since it has a vertical design, this is perfect even for smaller workspaces.
- Space-efficient design
- Powerful motor
- Durable design
Overview of Top 4 Best 60-Gallon Air Compressors 2017 Market
Essential Factors to Consider
If you are having a hard time evaluating the possibilities for the best 60-gallon air compressors, here are some of the most important things that you must consider:
- Workshop Conditions: You also have to think about the condition of the specific work area where it will be used. For instance, consider the length of the hose if you think that you will work far away from the tank. The length of the cord is also important to ensure that you can plug it into a nearby electricity source. There are some compressors that run on a gasoline engine, which is perfect if you are unsure if there will be a dependable electricity supply in your work environment.
- Portability: 60-gallon air compressors can be heavy, and hence, you should look at some of the features that can possibly make them portable. For instance, having wheels is a good thing, which will allow you to easily transfer it from one place to another, even if the tank is heavy. It will also be good if it has convenient handles for pulling the unit when needed.
- Tools to be Powered: To easily make the right decision, you also have to think about the tools that the air compressor will power, which will determine the technical details that are necessary. Some of the tools that it can power include rotary tools, grinders, paint sprayers, ratchets, nail guns, and impact wrenches. The air volume and pressure required by these tools will help you to pick the right air compressor.
- Help with Automotive and Around the House: When working on your car, you will find many jobs that are easily handled with the right tool attachment. As discussed, it can help with painting, but it will also help blow air to help with cleaning the garage, remove stuck particles in tubes, and blow out dirty areas that might be hard to reach.
- Warranty: To provide you with peace of mind, you should choose a product that comes with an extensive warranty. With the warranty duration, you can return the product to the manufacturer, and they will have it repaired for free. However, make sure to follow the terms and conditions specified to avoid the warranty from being voided.
- Reviews: If you are having difficulty with the pros and cons of the possibilities, it will also be best to look at what other people have to say. Online reviews will give you an idea of which one is a good pick and which ones should be avoided. You can also ask around people you personally know if there is any 60-gallon air compressor that they can recommend.
- Technical Specifications: One of the first things you should do is look at the technical details of the product, which will be indicative of its overall performance. Make sure that you are aware of what the figures mean.
Here are some of the most important factors:
- Pounds per Square Inch: This refers to the amount of air pressure and force that the air compressor can make. A higher number would mean that the tank has a larger capacity.
- Pounds per Square Inch Gauge: This is also the amount of air pressure and force that the unit can make, but it will be based on the atmospheric pressure at sea level, which is 14.7 PSI.
- Horsepower: This will generally range from 1.5 to 6.5 HP. The higher the number is, the more powerful its performance. If you only have minimal requirements, you do not actually need one that packs a lot of power.
- Actual Cubic Feet per Minute: This refers to the actual amount of air that will be pumped within a minute at rated temperature, pressure, and speed.
- Standard Cubic Feet per Minute: On the other hand, this is in reference to the actual amount of air that will be pumped within a minute at a temperature of 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
Looking for the best 60-gallon air compressors is not one thing that you should do in haste. While it can be tempting to choose a product that is cheap, you should know how to look beyond price. A good choice must be able to deliver exceptional quality and unrivaled functionality.
It must be user-friendly and durable. Even if you have to spend more, if this is tantamount to having a top-notch product, it will be worth it. To make things easier, keep an eye on the four products we have briefly reviewed earlier.