Whether you have a home or business workshop, you need to invest in high-quality equipment that can offer unrivalled functionality, which will allow you to carry out your work in the best way possible. Among other tools, you need to have an air compressor.
It will help you to complete many jobs, with cost effective pneumatic power tools. From inflating a tire to working on the job, it can be beneficial for most jobs that require electric tool.
In the rest of this guide, we will take a look at the best 60-gallon air compressors. Aside from identifying four of the products you might want to consider, we will also discuss some of the most important factors that will have an impact on your purchase decision.
Top 4 Best 60-Gallon Air Compressors 2017 Market
Types of Air Compressors
As you start your search for the best 60-gallon air compressors, one of the first things you should do is to identify the specific type of the product that you will need. In this case, the following are the options you will have:
- Stationary Air Compressors: They are large and perfect for the most demanding applications, which is why it is common choice for the pros. They have a high horsepower motor and can be used even for an extended period of time. Most of them have a vertical design, which makes it space-efficient.
- Portable Air Compressors: For most home-based applications, this will be more than enough. It is compact and oftentimes have a wheeled design, making it easy to have it transferred from one place to another. It can be further classified into different types, including wheelbarrow, twin-stack, hotdog, and pancake.
Top Picks for the Best 60-Gallon Air Compressors
Here are some of the brands and models you might want to consider.
Essential Factors to Consider
If you are having a hard time evaluating the possibilities for the best 60-gallon air compressors, here are some of the most important things that you must consider:
- Workshop Conditions: You also have to think about the condition of the specific work area where it will be used. For instance, consider the length of the hose if you think that you will work far away from the tank. The length of the cord is also important to ensure that you can plug it to a nearby electricity source. There are some compressors that run on gasoline engine, which is perfect if you are unsure if there will be a dependable electricity supply in your work environment.
- Portability: 60-gallon air compressors can be heavy, and hence, you should look at some of the features that can possibly make it portable. For instance, having wheels is a good thing, which will allow you to easily transfer it from one place to another, even if the tank is heavy. It will also be good if it has convenient handles for pulling the unit when needed.
- Tools to be Powered: To easily make the right decision, you also have to think about the tools that the air compressor will power, which will determine the technical details that are necessary. Some of the tools that it can power include rotary tools, grinders, paint sprayers, ratchets, nail guns, and impact wrenches. The air volume and pressure required by these tools will help you to pick the right air compressor.
- Help with Automotive and Around the House: When working on your car you will find many jobs are easily handled with the right tool attachment. As discussed it can help with painting, but will also help blow air to help with cleaning the garage, removing stuck particles in tubes, and blowing out dirty areas that might be hard to reach.
- Warranty: To provide you with peace of mind, you should choose a product that comes with an extensive warranty. With the warranty duration, you can return the product to the manufacturer and they will have it repaired for free. However, make sure to follow the terms and conditions specified to avoid the warranty from being voided.
- Reviews: If you are having a difficulty in the pros and cons of the possibilities, it will also be best to look at what other people have to say. Online reviews will give you an idea on which one is a good pick and which ones should be avoided. You can also ask around from people you personally know if there is any 60-gallon air compressor that they can recommend.
- Technical Specifications: One of the first things you should do is look at the technical details of the product, which will be indicative of its overall performance. Make sure that you are aware what the figures mean. Here are some of the most important:
- Pounds per Square Inch: This refers to the amount of air pressure and force that the air compressor can make. A higher number would mean that the tank has a larger capacity.
- Pounds per Square Inch Gauge: This is also the amount of air pressure and force that the unit can make, but will be based on the atmospheric pressure at sea level, which is 14.7 PSI.
- Horsepower: This will generally range from 1.5 to 6.5 HP. The higher the number is, the more powerful is its performance. If you only have minimal requirements, you do not actually need one that packs a lot of power.
- Actual Cubic Feet per Minute: This refers to the actual amount of air that will be pumped within a minute at rated temperature, pressure, and speed.
- Standard Cubic Feet per Minute: On the other hand, this is in reference to the actual amount of air that will be pumped within a minute at a temperature of 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
Looking for the best 60-gallon air compressors is not one thing that you should do in haste. While it can be tempting to choose a product that is cheap, you should know how to look beyond price. A good choice must be able to deliver exceptional quality and unrivaled functionality.
It must be user-friendly and durable. Even if you have to spend more, if this is tantamount to having a top-notch product, it will be worth it. To make things easier, keep an eye on the four products we have briefly reviewed earlier.