Driving can be enjoyable and therapeutic for many people, especially if you are hitting the road with family and friends. In the same way, it can also be exhausting, especially if you have to do it for a long time. You will easily get fatigued, and discomfort will come along your way. Soon enough, you will complain of body pain. With this, it is important to have the best lumbar support for the car.
Lumbar supports are essential for improving your posture and alleviating back pain. There are many products that are available in the market, including full-sized seats, as well as pillows that are designed specifically to support the back. Which one should you choose? If you are clueless about what makes the best choice, keep on reading the rest of this post, and we will help you come up with the right decision.
What Is Lumbar Support?
Simply put, lumbar supports are products that are used to provide the support that is needed by the lower back. They are commonly used in office chairs, but for this specific post, we are talking about the ones that are used in vehicles. From the best racing car seats to a regular car, this is needed to make sure that stress will be less for the lower back. It is meant to correct your posture, hence lessening the likelihood of suffering from back pain.
Many of the standard seats in cars have poor design. There is no wonder why there are people who opt to choose to have them customized or replaced. If you want a more practical solution, just buy lumbar supports. It will help you sit straight and minimize discomfort.
The top benefit of using lumbar support is that it will make you feel more comfortable on the road. Beyond such, however, it can offer other advantages as well. Fatigue levels will be significantly lower. Also, this means that you can be more focused when driving, which will be vital for safety. It will increase your reaction time in case of an unfortunate situation. Such can also be beneficial in terms of giving you a clearer vision of the road.
It is important to note, however, that lumbar support is not just for the driver. The passenger seat will also benefit from having one, especially during long trips.
Types of Lumbar Support for Car
When you are looking for the best lumbar support for car, you will be confronted with different types, including those that will be listed below.
- Ergonomic Chair: In this case, you have to replace the chair that comes with your car. This is the best if you want your car seat to offer customized comfort. You can choose the material and design that is best suited to your needs.
- Cushion or Padding: This is a budget-friendly alternative when it comes to lumbar support for cars. It works like a traditional seat cover, and there are areas that are raised or cushioned to provide the support that your back needs.
- Pillow: If you are looking for the cheapest way to have lumbar support in your car, using a special type of pillow is a good idea. It should be designed or curved in such a way that it will provide a natural arch to keep your back comfortable.
Essential Factors to Consider
In this section, we will have a look at some of the most important factors that you should take into account to increase the likelihood of making the right decision.
- Ease of Use: It is important to make sure that it is user-friendly. The most complicated would be the ones that are designed as car seats. Pillows and cushions, on the other hand, will be excellent because they are effortless to use.
- Material: It is important to make sure that it is made using the right materials. It must be able to withstand wear and tear even after long-term use. Most importantly, it should be comfortable. It must offer excellent air circulation so that you won’t feel hot as you drive. In line with the material used, you should also take a look at the filling of the lumbar support. Among others, memory foam is highly recommended because it can offer the customized fit and comfort needed for your back.
- Compatibility: You also have to check if the lumbar support is compatible with your car. The configuration should be appropriate. Otherwise, you will just end up wasting money. Back pillows are popular because they often offer universal compatibility.
- Comfort: This is perhaps the most important when choosing lumbar support for a car. You have to make sure that it is not too soft or too firm. It should also offer proper air circulation to keep you cool throughout your drive. If it is not comfortable, it will be useless.
- Shape: The overall design or shape of the lumbar support must deliver optimal comfort. In most instances, it is wedge-shaped. The top part is usually wide, and it goes narrower as the bottom is reached.
- Reviews: Still undecided about which one to buy? The best thing to do is to read reviews from other people. You will benefit from their opinions, making it easier to narrow down the possibilities. You can use their experiences and feedback to help you come up with the right choice.
Top Choices for the Best Lumbar Support for Car
|Product (Amazon Links)
Sweet Relief TM
If you are still looking for the best, allow us to help you. Below are five of the products that you might want to consider, as well as their outstanding features.
1. Sweet Relief Lumbar Cushion Pillow
One of the best things about this product is its memory foam construction, providing you with optimal comfort while inside the car. It is not too firm and not too soft, providing just the right amount of support that is needed by your back.
The memory foam is combined with a mesh backing, which is also commendable because of the comfort that it can provide. It allows air to circulate properly. Also, it is a good thing that even if it is immediately used upon taking it out from the packaging, there will be no chemical smell.
Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, you can have peace of mind in using this product. The manufacturer is offering a Lifetime Replacement Guarantee, which is an assurance of the lumbar support’s superior quality. If you are unhappy in any way, just let the manufacturer know, and they will issue an unconditional refund.
- Mesh provides excellent air circulation
- Pillow comes with excellent filling for optimal comfort
- Made using high-quality memory foam
- Large and bulky
- Straps are quite flimsy
2. LoveHome Car Lumbar Support Back Cushion and Car Neck Pillow Kit
Among others, one thing that we loved the most about this lumbar support for cars is the fact that it also supports the upper back. This is basically because it comes with a kit that includes an equally comfortable neck pillow.
The filling that is used in this lumbar support is also worth highlighting. It is made from malleable memory foam. This means that its shape will be customized based on the pressure that is applied by your back, making it deliver personalized comfort. The same material can also be found in the neck pillow.
The mesh cover is also a plus, especially when it comes to breathability. One thing that makes it even better is the fact that it is removable and can be machine-washed, making it effortless to be hygienic and maintain it in its peak condition.
- Innovative material effectively reduces back pain
- Breathable cover
- Comes with support for the neck
- Can be prone to shrinking in the long run
- Can have a strong chemical odor
5. McCarty’s Sacro-Ease Deluxe Model Lumbar Seat Support with Extra Padding
Compared to standard Sacro-Ease from the manufacturer, this product comes with an additional one inch of padding. This makes it thicker and able to deliver more support for the back. Consequently, this also makes it more comfortable as it can provide relief on the pressure points.
This lumbar support comes with an adjustable steel frame. There are some people who might not like the frame because they can sometimes feel it on their back. The good thing about the frame, however, is that it can be bent and adjusted depending on the angle that you find to be most comfortable.
The non-skid bottom of this product may seem like a small thing, but in reality, it can do a lot. There are some lumbar supports that are prone to sliding, especially when you move a lot. The good thing about this product is that the bottom is non-skid, allowing it to stay in place while you are seated.
- Foldable and portable
- Thick enough to provide sufficient cushioning for the back
- It can add firmness to your car seat
- Has a metal that can cause discomfort
- May not work for all types of car seats
The best lumbar support for the car is essential not only for the driver but also for the passenger. This will make a lot of difference when it comes to your comfort, especially for long trips. It will provide the support that your lower back needs. It will also be effective in lessening fatigue, enhancing concentration, and making you safer, among other benefits. If you are having a hard time choosing which one to buy, go back to the five options that we have mentioned above.
Isn’t this the product that you are looking for? If there are other products that you need, click here.