Are you looking for the best garage vacuum? If you do a quick online search, you will most probably be confronted with an abundance of choices, which will only make it more challenging for you to come up with the right decision. To make things easier, we have written this guide for you! Keep on reading and we will help you to evaluate the possibilities. We will provide you with an overview of this type of vacuum, essential factors to consider, and most importantly, some of the best choices that can be taken into consideration.
Choosing The Best Garage Vacuum: A Guide For Buyers
The 5 Best Garage Vacuum On The Market
** Below, you'll find more detailed reviews, but you can click links above to see current prices and read customer's review on Amazon
Types of Garage Vacuums
When looking for the best garage vacuum, you will generally have two choices:
- Hand-held Garage Vacuum: If you are looking for budget-friendly options, this is a perfect choice. However, they have a small capacity, which means that you will need to have the tank frequently emptied if you will be doing an extensive work.
- Wall-mounted Garage Vacuum: This is the perfect choice for the pros and for those who do not mind spending for a high-quality product. They are bulky, and as the name implies, they are permanently installed on the wall and are fitted with a long hose.
Essential Factors to Consider
In your search for the best garage vacuums, make sure that the following things will be taken into consideration:
- Capacity: If you expect to be doing the minimal and occasional cleaning, smaller garage vacuums will be the better option. They are portable and cheap. However, the tank has the minimal capacity, and hence, you need to have it emptied frequently. This is as against their larger counterparts, specifically those that are mounted on the wall.
- Noise: Vacuums that make loud noise can be annoying and disruptive. With this, to protect your hearing, make sure to choose one that will be able to deliver whisper-quiet operation. New motor technologies will be able to provide you with a powerful performance in the absence of creating a loud noise.
- Portability: If you are using a wall-mounted vacuum, they are heavy and installed permanently in a certain location. For handheld models, on the other hand, make sure that it will be easy to handle. It will also be good if they have canister wheels, which will make it a snap for you to move from one place to another.
- On-Board Storage: This is one feature that will be critical for your convenience. This will make it easy to have all the attachments organized and will provide you with easy access to accessories that you might need for different tasks.
- Attachments: To be provided with the best bang for the buck and to enjoy versatility, you should choose a garage vacuum that comes with various attachments. Having crevice tool, for instance, can be a good thing as it will allow you to clean even tight spaces.
- Hose: It is also important to consider the overall quality of the hose. Its length will be critical, as this will make it easy to work even when away from the main unit. The hose should also be durable and must be able to handle the power of the garage vacuum. Many newer models also have crush-resistant hoses, which will surely be long-lasting.
- Filter: There are some models that are made with the replaceable filter, which can be expensive in the long run. A better option would be one that comes with the permanent filter. This means that you do not need to have it replaced. You just need to make sure that it is regularly cleaned so that you will be able to maintain the optimal functionality of the garage vacuum even through the years.
- Multi-Functionality: There are also models that can function not just as a garage vacuum, but also as a blower. This is a good thing because you will be able to enjoy two tools in one product, which can also help you save money.
- Motor: This is another critical factor to consider and will be indicative of the overall performance of the garage vacuum. Its power will be expressed as HP or horsepower. The higher the rating is, the more powerful the vacuum can prove to be. This could also mean that the vacuum will be more expensive. You do not necessarily need a high-powered motor if the garage vacuum will be used only for basic tasks.
- Feedbacks: To make it easier for you to decide on which one should be chosen, you should consult with the opinions of other people, specifically in the form of online reviews. The insights and experiences of other people will make it easier for you to have an intelligent evaluation of the alternatives that are available in the market.
Top Picks for the Best Garage Vacuum
In this section, we will discuss some of the models that you might want to take into consideration. Pay attention to their features, as well as the pros and cons that will be identified below.
1. Armor All AA255 2.5 Gallon Utility Wet/Dry Vacuum
This model comes with a 6-foot hose, which can be more than enough for most cleaning tasks in the garage. In addition, the power cord has a length of 10 feet, which will make it easy for you to work even when far from the power supply.
The versatility of this garage vacuum is one more thing that should be highlighted, which will allow you to have it used in more ways than one. The 2-in-1 utility nozzle has an integrated brush for more comprehensive cleaning. It also comes with a crevice tool to clean hard to reach surfaces. The package also includes blower nozzle, foam sleeve, and deluxe car nozzle.
Its on-board storage is another feature that can prove to be exceptional. This means that you will have easy access to all of the attachments that you will need. In addition, this will also help to keep all of the accessories organized in a single place.
For your safety and to prolong the functional life of the garage vacuum, especially its internal components, it also features an automatic shutoff function.
- Excellent suction power
- Compact and lightweight design
- Comes with multiple attachments
- Cloth filter could have been better
- Can be prone to tripping
2. Dewalt DCV581H Cordless/Corded Wet-Dry Vacuum
The mere fact that this is made by a trusted brand can already provide you with a good reason to have it considered above others. Among other things, one of the most impressive features is its HEPA filter, which can deliver an amazing efficiency of 99.97%.
The quality of the hose is also exceptional. It has a length of 5 feet and it is crush-resistant. This is one thing that contributes to the durability of this garage vacuum.
It is also a good thing that it can offer versatility, which is basically because of the fact that you can use it either as corded or cordless. When used as a corded vacuum, you can choose from 18V or 20V Max lithium battery, which is known for its decent life.
Even if it comes with a lightweight and portable design, it is a good thing that it has a capacity of two gallons, which means that it may take quite a while before there is a need for you to have it emptied.
The on-board storage is also a good thing. This will make it easy for you to organize all of the included attachments and you can have them easily accessed when you need to use them.
- Extremely portable
- Impressive battery
- Durable hose
- Can be prone to tripping
- Suction is a bit limited
3. Vacmaster VBV1210 12-gallon Wet-Dry Vacuum
Among other things, one of the most impressive about this product is the fact that it is multipurpose. It is a 2-in-1 tool. Aside from being used as a garage vacuum, it also functions as a blower. Converting it from one tool to another is sure to be a snap.
The 12-gallon tank is another feature that makes this an exceptional pick. This is a large tank, which means that it is good for extensive cleaning jobs. It is also a good thing that you do not need to have the tank emptied manually as it comes with a large drain port.
While it can be heavy and bulky, it comes with casters. This makes it effortless for you to have it transferred from one place to another.
The power that you can expect from this garage vacuum is also impressive as it has a motor that runs at 5 HP. When used as a blower, on the other hand, it can perform at a speed of 210 MPH.
Lastly, the package is inclusive of 11 different accessories, which you can use for different applications. It comes with an on-board storage, which will make it easy to organize all the attachments.
- Tank comes with high capacity
- Easy to assemble
- Comes with an on-board storage
4. Bissell 18P03 Garage Pro Wet/Dry Vacuum Complete Wall Mounting System
One of the best things about this wall-mounted vacuum is its 32-foot hose. Even if it is attached to the wall, there is no need to be worried as the length of the hose will make it easy for you to use it where it is needed.
The 12-amp motor of this model is also worth noting. This will make it ideal for different vacuuming applications. However, compared to other wall-mounted vacuums, the power is a bit lesser.
It can also be able to offer versatility since you can use it not only as a wet/dry vacuum, but it can also function as a blower.
Another thing that you might love about the vacuum is its semi-transparent design. This will make it easy to see the tank when it is already full and when there is a need to have it emptied. In addition, there are also indicator lights that will provide you with a notification when the tank is already full.
- Can also be used as a blower
- Long hose
- Minimal storage compared to others
- Hard to install
5. Hoover L2310 GUV ProGrade Garage Utility Vacuum
Equipped with a 10 amp motor, this garage vacuum will deliver the power that you need for a wide array of tasks, especially as it has 120 volts. In spite of this power, however, it will operate without making any loud and annoying noise.
The heavy-duty steel canister is one more thing that gives it an edge above many others within the competition. It may be heavy, but since it is wall-mounted, the weight should not be a problem. The canister is also good because of its high-capacity, and best of all, it comes with a lifetime filter. This is unlike in the case of other models that use expensive replacement filters.
Given the fact that this is a wall-mounted vacuum, you might assume that having it installed will be a complicated task. The reality, however, is that you can install it without any difficulty. The manufacturer provides instructions on the steps that you should know. Everything that will be needed to have it installed is already included in the package.
Lastly, it is made by Hoover, a brand that has been around since 1908. The company has built a global reputation, which is more than enough for you to trust this garage vacuum.
- Large capacity
- Powerful motor
- Long hose
- Can overheat
- Power cable is short
Your search for the best garage vacuum is not going to be easy. Many manufacturers will make aggressive claims, saying that their product is better than all others. You should not just believe what they are saying. With their goal of being able to lure buyers, they might resort to deceptive advertising. You should be responsible at all times and you should know how to look beyond price. To be sure, limit your choices to the five options that we have discussed above. We looked at their features and considered the experiences of other people as well. We are confident that those products will deliver the functionality and quality that you are looking for.