Are you looking for the best garage vacuum? If you do a quick online search, you will most probably be confronted with an abundance of choices, which may make it more challenging for you to come up with the right decision. To make things easier, we have written this guide for you!
The best vacuum will fit your personal criteria and clean effectively. Looks for cleaning power, reusable filters or replaceable filter - your preference, cord length, wet/dry use, hoses, attachment, and other important factors for your needs.
Keep on reading and we will help you to evaluate the possibilities. We will provide you with an overview of each type of vacuum, its essential features, and some pro and cons to consider.
The 5 Best Garage Vacuum On The Market
** Below, you'll find more detailed reviews, but you can click links above to see current prices and read customer's review on Amazon **
Types of Garage Vacuums
When looking for the best garage vacuum, you will generally have three choices:
- Hand-held Garage Vacuum: If you are looking for budget-friendly options, this is a perfect choice. However, they have a small capacity, which means that you will need have to empty the tank frequently if are doing extensive vacuuming.
- Rolling Gargage Vacuum: These have larger capacity tanks and some portability. These are usually wet/dry vacuums that have a fairly long cord and a long extension hose. Their motors can usually handle a fair amount of garage mess situations.
- Wall-mounted Garage Vacuum: This is the perfect choice for the pros and for those who do not mind spending for a high-quality product. They are bulky, and as the name implies, they are permanently installed on the wall and are fitted with a very long hose.
Essential Factors to Consider
In your search for the best garage vacuums, make sure that the following things will be taken into consideration:
- Capacity: If you expect to be doing the minimal and occasional cleaning, smaller garage vacuums will be the better option. They are portable and cheap. However, the tank has the minimal capacity, and you will need to have it emptied frequently. This means you can get small jobs done very well, but for larger jobs a wall mounted or rolling unit might work better.
- Noise: Vacuums that make loud noise can be annoying and disruptive. To protect your hearing, make sure to choose one that will be able to deliver whisper-quiet operation. Some vacuums have new motor technologies that can provide you with powerful performance without the loud noise.
- Portability: If you are using a good wall-mounted vacuum, they are heavy and installed permanently in a certain location. For handheld models, on the other hand, make sure that it will be easy to handle. It will also be good if they have wheels, which will make it a snap for you to move from one place to another.
- On-Board Storage: This is one feature that will be critical for your convenience. This will make it easy to have all the attachments organized and will provide you with easy access to accessories that you might need for different tasks.
- Attachments: To be provided with the best bang for the buck and to enjoy versatility, you should choose a garage vacuum that comes with various attachments. Having crevice tool, for instance, can be a good thing as it will allow you to clean even tight spaces.
- Hose: It is also important to consider the overall quality of the hose. Its length will be critical, as this will make it easy to work even when away from the main unit. The hose should also be durable and must be able to handle the power of the garage vacuum. Many newer models also have crush-resistant hoses, which will surely be long-lasting.
- Filter: There are some models that are made with the replaceable filter, which can be expensive in the long run. A better option would be one that comes with the permanent filter. This means that you do not need to have it replaced. You just need to make sure that it is regularly cleaned so that you will be able to maintain the optimal functionality of the garage vacuum even through the years.
- Multi-Functionality: There are also models that can function not just as a garage vacuum, but also as a blower. This is a good thing because you will be able to enjoy two tools in one product, which can also help you save money.
- Motor: This is another critical factor to consider and will be indicative of the overall performance of the garage vacuum. Its power will be expressed as HP or horsepower. The higher the rating is, the more powerful the vacuum should be. This could also mean that the vacuum will likely be more expensive. You do not necessarily need a high-powered motor if the garage vacuum will be used only for basic tasks.
- Feedback: To make it easier for you to decide on which one should be chosen, you should consult with the opinions of other people, specifically in the form of online reviews. The insights and experiences of other people will make it easier for you to evaluate the alternatives that are available in the market.
Top Picks for the Best Garage Vacuum
In this section, we will discuss some of the models that you might want to take into consideration for a garage vacuum. Pay attention to their features, as well as the pros and cons identified below.
Your search for the best garage vacuum just got easy we hope. Many manufacturers claim their vacuum is great but the more you research you do, the more you'll find out if their product hold up to the hype.
If your not sure about what is be for you, take a look at the Essential Factor to Consider section again to find what product will meet your needs. Look at each vacuums features and considered the user experiences of other people from reviews.
Take a look at our other vacuum review for more types of vacuums: Best RV Vacuum