Are you looking for the best garage vacuum? If you do a quick online search, you will most probably be confronted with an abundance of choices, which may make it more challenging for you to come up with the right decision. To make things easier, we have written this guide for you!
The best vacuum will fit your personal criteria and clean effectively. Look for cleaning power, reusable filters, or replaceable filter – your preference, cord length, wet/dry use, hoses, attachment, and other important factors for your needs. Here are a few factors that you should consider while buying the best garage vacuum:
- On-Board Storage
- Various Attachments
- Quality of the Hose
- Replaceable Filter
- Higher Horsepower Motor
- Positive Feedback
Keep on reading, and we will help you to evaluate the possibilities. We will provide you with an overview of each type of vacuum, its essential features, and some pros and cons to consider.
The 5 Best Garage Vacuum On The Market
|Image (Amazon Links)
Armor All AA255 2.5 Gallon Utility Wet/Dry Vacuum (Amazon Link)
Dewalt DCV581H Cordless/Corded Wet-Dry Vacuum (Amazon Link)
Vacmaster VBV1210 12-gallon Wet-Dry Vacuum (Amazon Link)
VacuMaid GV50BLKPRO Professional Garage and Car Vacuum (Amazon Link)
** Below, you’ll find more detailed reviews, but you can click the links above to see current prices and read customer reviews on Amazon **
Types of Garage Vacuums
When looking for the best garage vacuum, you will generally have three choices:
- Hand-held Garage Vacuum: If you are looking for budget-friendly options, this is a perfect choice. However, they have a small capacity, so you will need to empty the tank frequently if you are doing extensive vacuuming.
- Rolling Garage Vacuum: These have larger capacity tanks and some portability. These are usually wet/dry vacuums with a fairly long cord and extension hose. Their motors can usually handle a fair amount of garage mess situations.
- Wall-mounted Garage Vacuum: This is the perfect choice for the pros and for those who do not mind spending on a high-quality product. They are bulky; as the name implies, they are permanently installed on the wall and fitted with a very long hose.
Essential Factors to Consider
In your search for the best garage vacuums, make sure that the following things will be taken into consideration:
- Capacity: Smaller garage vacuums will be the better option if you expect to be doing minimal and occasional cleaning. They are portable and cheap. However, the tank has a minimal capacity, and you will need to have it emptied frequently. This means you can get small jobs done very well, but a wall-mounted or rolling unit might work better for larger jobs.
- Noise: Vacuums that make loud noise can be annoying and disruptive. To protect your hearing, make sure to choose one that will be able to deliver whisper-quiet operation. Some vacuums have new motor technologies that can provide you with powerful performance without loud noise.
- Portability: If you are using a good wall-mounted vacuum, they are heavy and installed permanently in a certain location. For handheld models, on the other hand, make sure that it will be easy to handle. It will also be good if they have wheels, which will make it a snap for you to move from one place to another.
- On-Board Storage: This is one feature that will be critical for your convenience. This will make it easy to have all the attachments organized and will provide you with easy access to accessories that you might need for different tasks.
- Attachments: To be provided with the best bang for the buck and enjoy versatility, you should choose a garage vacuum with various attachments. Having a crevice tool, for instance, can be a good thing as it will allow you to clean even tight spaces.
- Hose: It is also important to consider the overall quality of the hose. Its length will be critical, as this will make it easy to work even when away from the main unit. The hose should also be durable and must be able to handle the power of the garage vacuum. Many newer models also have crush-resistant hoses, which will surely be long-lasting.
- Filter: There are some models that are made with replaceable filters, which can be expensive in the long run. A better option would be one that comes with a permanent filter. This means that you do not need to have it replaced. You need to make sure that it is regularly cleaned so that you will be able to maintain the optimal functionality of the garage vacuum even through the years.
- Multi-Functionality: There are also models that can function as a garage vacuum and a blower. This is a good thing because you will be able to enjoy two tools in one product, which can also help you save money.
- Motor: This is another critical factor to consider and will be indicative of the overall performance of the garage vacuum. Its power will be expressed as HP or horsepower. The higher the rating is, the more powerful the vacuum should be. This could also mean that the vacuum will likely be more expensive. You do not necessarily need a high-powered motor if the garage vacuum is used only for basic tasks.
- Feedback: To make it easier for you to decide which one should be chosen, you should consult other people’s opinions, specifically in the form of online reviews. The insights and experiences of other people will make it easier for you to evaluate the alternatives that are available in the market.
Top Picks for the Best Garage Vacuum
In this section, we will discuss some of the models you might want to consider for a garage vacuum. Pay attention to their features and the pros and cons identified below.
1. Armor All AA255 2.5 Gallon Utility Wet/Dry Vacuum
This model comes with a 6-foot hose, which can be more than enough for most cleaning tasks in the garage. In addition, the power cord has a length of 10 feet, which will make it easy for you to work even when far from the power supply.
This garage vacuum’s versatility is another thing that should be highlighted. It allows you to use it in more ways than one. The 2-in-1 utility nozzle has an integrated brush for more comprehensive cleaning. It also comes with a crevice tool to clean hard-to-reach surfaces. The package also includes a blower nozzle, foam sleeve, and deluxe car nozzle.
Its onboard storage is another feature that can prove to be exceptional. This means that you will have easy access to all of the attachments that you will need. In addition, this will also help to keep all of the accessories organized in a single place.
For your safety and to prolong the functional life of the garage vacuum, especially its internal components, it also features an automatic shutoff function.
- Wet/Dry vac
- Compact and lightweight design
- Comes with multiple attachments
2. Dewalt DCV581H Cordless/Corded Wet-Dry Vacuum
The mere fact that this is made by a trusted brand can already provide you with a good reason to consider it above others. Among other things, one of the most impressive features is its HEPA filter, which can deliver an amazing efficiency of 99.97%.
The quality of the hose is also exceptional. It has a length of 5 feet, and it is crush-resistant. This is one thing that contributes to the durability of this garage vacuum.
It is also good that it offers versatility, which means you can use it either as corded or cordless. When used as a cordless vacuum, you can choose from an 18V or 20V Max lithium battery, which has a decent use time.
Even with its lightweight and portable design, it is nice that it comes with a two-gallon capacity, so it can handle a large amount of dirt and debris before emptying it.
The onboard tool storage is also handy to have. This will make it easy for you to organize all of the included attachments, and you can easily access them when needed.
- Extremely portable
- Corded or cordless – Impressive battery
- Durable hose
3. Vacmaster VBV1210 12-gallon Wet-Dry Vacuum
Among other things, one of the most impressive things about this product is its multipurpose. It is a 2-in-1 tool. Aside from being used as a garage vacuum, it also functions as a blower. Converting it from one tool to another is a snap.
The 12-gallon tank is another feature that makes this an exceptional pick. Its large tank means that it is good for extensive cleaning jobs. It’s also helpful to have a large drain port, so you can empty the vacuum more easily.
While it can be a bit bulky, it comes with wheels. This helps it glide effortlessly on flat surfaces so you move it from one place to another.
The 5 HP motor power is another feature that you can expect good cleaning results. This garage vacuum is helpful for larger jobs and longer hoses. When used as a blower, on the other hand, it can blow up to speeds of 210 MPH.
Lastly, the package includes 11 different accessories, which you can use for different applications. It comes with onboard storage, which will make it easy to organize all the attachments.
- The tank comes with high capacity.
- Easy to assemble
- Comes with an on-board storage
- Reusable filter
4. Bissell 18P03 Garage Pro Wet/Dry Vacuum Complete Wall Mounting System
One of the best things about this wall-mounted vacuum is its 32-foot hose. Even if it is attached to the wall, there is no need to be worried because the length of the hose will make it easy for you to use it wherever you need to.
The 12-amp motor of this model is also worth noting. This will make it ideal for different vacuuming applications. However, the power might be a bit less compared to other wall-mounted vacuums.
It can also offer versatility since you can use it not only as a wet/dry vacuum but also as a blower.
Another thing that you might love about the vacuum is its semi-transparent bottom section. This will make it easy to see the tank when it is already full and when there is a need to have it emptied. In addition, there are also indicator lights that will provide you with a notification when the tank is already full.
- It can also be used as a blower.
- Long hose
5. VacuMaid GV50BLKPRO Professional Wall-Mounted Garage and Car Vacuum
Equipped with a 15-max amp motor, this garage vacuum will deliver the power that you need for a wide array of tasks, especially as it has 740 max air watts. This power can help you clean more with a longer hose. In spite of this power, however, it will operate without making too much noise and annoying noise.
The heavy-duty steel canister is one more thing that gives it an edge over the rolled galvanized steel that is powder-coated. It may be heavy, but the weight should not be a problem since it is wall-mounted. The canister is also good because of its high capacity, and best of all, it comes with a HEPA filter. This removes 99.98 dust particles. This vacuum is not intended to pick up liquids.
Given that this is a wall-mounted vacuum, you might assume that installing it will be a complicated task. The reality, however, is that you can install it without too much difficulty. Everything that will be needed to have it installed is already included in the package.
Lastly, it is made in the USA by Lindsey Manufacturing which has been around since 1956.
- Large capacity
- Powerful motor
- Long hose
Your search for the best garage vacuum just got easy, we hope. Many manufacturers claim their vacuum is great, but the more research you do, the more you’ll find out if their product holds up to the hype.
If you’re unsure about what will be for you, look at the Essential Factor to Consider section again to find what product will meet your needs. Look at each vacuum’s features and consider the user experiences of other people from reviews.
Take a look at our other vacuum review for more types of vacuums: Best RV Vacuum.