Even if you are not a professional mechanic, if you do a lot of auto repairs at home, it makes sense to invest in a car lift. The main function of such an equipment is to raise your car to a level wherein you will feel more comfortable working. This prevents the need to go underneath and hence, you will have a better sight of what is underneath your car.
In the rest of this post, I will let you know some of the top picks for the best car lift for home garage. With too many options, you should not pick just any product. Aside from identifying some of the noteworthy brands and models, I will also provide you with insights on some of the most important things to consider.
Benefits of Having a Car Lift in the Garage
The high cost of a car lift can easily discourage many people from having one. Nonetheless, if you are aware of its many benefits, it will be easier to be compelled that you need to have this in your garage:
- Work Like a Pro: The best reason is perhaps for you to be able to lift your car so that you can work on what is underneath. There is no need to crawl under the car if there are maintenance works that you need to do.
- Double your Parking Space: If you have a small garage but you have two cars to park, an auto lift will offer the perfect solution. It is like automatically adding another floor to your garage.
- Protect your Car: This is especially true if you live in an area that is often flooded. If the car is elevated, it will not be easily ruined by the flood. To add, this also makes the car harder to access for thieves.
Types of Car Lift
As you try to decide which product is best for your garage, one of the first things that you need to do is to decide on which type is best suited for your needs:
- Two-Post Lift: If you have a small garage, this is the perfect choice for you as it comes with only two posts, and hence, it will consume a minimal space. They are equipped with swing arms that travel along two columns to lift the car.
- Four-Post Lift: If space is not an issue, this is a good choice. As the name implies, there are four posts, which will ensure better stability of the vehicle that is being lifted. This is ideal if you have a heavy car since its lifting capacity is higher compared to two-post lifts.
- Scissors Lift: This is a broad product category that basically refers to any kind of lift that uses an accordion-like mechanism for lifting. They usually have a low profile and will be easy to transfer from one location to another.
It is impossible to say which one is the best of the three types of auto lifts. At the end of the day, it is your personal needs that will dictate which is the perfect option for you. From your budget to the size of your car to the type of the vehicle that will be lifted, there are several considerations that will matter.
Essential Factors to Consider
To make it easier for you to arrive at a right decision, these are some of the most important things that will have an impact on your purchase.
- Size: Before you start shopping, you should take a look at the garage and measure the space that is available. This will make it easier to decide which auto lift is best for your needs.
- Capacity: Think of the car that you have and its overall weight. See to it that the car lift will be able to support its weight. Always follow the weight restrictions that are provided by the manufacturer of car lift so as not to compromise safety.
- Ease of Use: From the installation to the operation of the car lift, pick one that is user-friendly. The manufacturer must provide comprehensive instructions so that you will be able to do things in a manner that is straightforward.
- Materials: You have to make sure that it is made from premium materials that will withstand the test of time. They should resist external elements, such as rust and corrosion, so that they can demonstrate top-notch quality even through the years.
- Warranty: Stay away from a product that does not come with a warranty from the manufacturer. The minimum warranty should be one year. The longer, the better. This is going to provide you with peace of mind since the product is covered against defects during the warranty period, which means that your investment is protected.
Top Picks for the Best Car Lift for Home Garage
If you are clueless about which product is the best option, below are five of the choices that should be part of your list.
With the options that have been mentioned above for the best car lift for home garage, which one can provide excellent value for money? As for me, I would say it is Triumph NT-9 Two-Post Floor Plate Lift. From its lifting capacity to its performance to its durability, you can expect that this will be a reliable choice.
Are there other things that you need to perform basic car repairs in your garage? Click here and our buying guides can provide you with valuable insights.