Having an ATV is a good thing, but one thing that makes this even better is having a powerful and reliable winch. With the best ATV winch, you will be able to easily pull off almost anything from the ground. Choosing one, however, can be a challenging task because of the abundance of the options that are available.
If you are clueless about which winch is the best, keep on reading the rest of this guide and we will help you come up with the right decision. Learn more about the top picks in the market and the features that make them stand out from all others.
Top 5 Best ATV Winch 2017 Market
3100 and 3600 lb
2500, 3500 and 4500 lb
Essential Factors to Consider
In looking for the best ATV winch, make sure to consider the factors that will be mentioned below.
- Line Pull: This is one of the technical specifications that should be given emphasis. This is indicative of what the winch and your ATV will be able to pull out. If you want one that can deliver better line pull, expect to find them in the more expensive models.
- Motor: A powerful motor will improve the line pull of the winch. However, more powerful motors have higher prices. Pay attention to the specifications and design of the motor, making sure that it is perfect for the intended applications. Pay attention to the specified horsepower of the motor, which is one of the best ways to gauge how it will perform.
- Material: This will refer to what is used in the rope of the winch. It should demonstrate unrivaled strength, which will also determine what it can pull. A tough material is steel, but one problem is that it is prone to snapping. Synthetic is not prone to snapping, but it is less durable. It is alright if it needs frequent replacement since it is cheap. At all times, pay attention to the weight limit of the rope so that it won’t break.
- Safety: A good choice for an ATV winch is one that comes with various safety features, which can provide you with peace of mind when it is used. This will give you an assurance that it will not accidentally break, even when pulling a heavy load. Load holding and dynamic braking are some of the most important to avoid the slippage of the rope. Also, see to it that it is made from a strong material to make sure it is safe.
- Feedbacks: If you are having a hard time to differentiate the possibilities, you should consult with what other people have to say. By reading online reviews, you can learn from the experiences of other people and use this to narrow down the possibilities.
- Price: This should be the least of your concern, basically because you should never hesitate to buy an expensive product if this means that you will be able to enjoy premium quality and functionality. Expect that the best options will be expensive. Nonetheless, if you research carefully, you can be lucky and find the best deals.
In this section, we will have a look at five of the best products you might want to consider.
Benefits of Using an ATV Winch
Here are some of the good reasons why you should invest in the best ATV winch:
- Towing Vehicles: One of the best uses of an ATV winch is pulling a vehicle. This can be useful in various situations, such as when the vehicle is stuck in mud or when it just suddenly stops at the middle of the road.
- Pull Objects: Let us say that you are working on the farm and you need to pull off a large and heavy object, you can do so easily with the use of your ATV winch.
- Plowing: Another good use of an ATV winch is for attaching a plow that will help you to get rid of thick snow on the ground. This is a lot easier than manually shoveling the snow.
Now that you are done reading, we hope that it is now easier for you to choose the best ATV winch. There are tons of options in the market, but this should never be an excuse for you to decide hastily. The five products mentioned above are some of the best you may want to consider.