Best 110v Air Compressor: A Must-Read Before Buying
Are you looking for the best 110v air compressor available right now? In this article you will find everything you need to know to help you decide which one to buy. We will be discussing what it is, some of its types, and the things to look for in a good air compressor. We’ll also provide you the top four picks for the best 110v air compressor, along with their pros and cons.
What is a 100v Air Compressor?
Before proceeding with the rest of the discussion, let’s define first what an air compressor is. An air compressor lets you carry out various tasks including staple and nail gun usage, airbrushing, and tire inflation. They are also considered a valuable asset for DIY enthusiasts and professionals. The reason is because it lets them perform spray-painting, woodworking, craft and cleaning functions.
Choosing the best 110v air compressor will mostly and should solely depend on the job you need to perform. Inflation of tires, equipment, as well as toys, will not require an air compressor with high PSI or CFM. For jobs requiring high PSI such as high-powered tools like nail and staple guns, you’ll need a 100v air compressor. Luckily, we are here to discuss the best 100v air compressor in the following section.
An air compressor is a tool that will convert power into energy that is stored in pressurized air. It forces air into the tank, thus increasing the pressure. In the event the tank reaches its limit, the air compressor will automatically shut off. The air compressed in the tank will be held in its place until it’s needed. To sum, the energy collected in the air compressor will be used to perform a variety of applications.
Top Four Choices for the Best 100v Air Compressor
In this section, we will be discussing the top four picks to help you make a better decision. Watch out for each product’s features, as it will be of great help in choosing the best 110v air compressor.
1. EPAuto Compressor Pump
The EPAuto Portable Air Compressor is one of the best air compressors out in the market right now. It has additional improvements in terms of quality and functionality as it is easy to operate and very reliable. Power supply can come from any 12 V DC outlets.
For its specifications, maximum pressure is set at 70 PSI and output current is set at 10A - 15A. It comes with three adapters for inflatables. To add, you won’t need to worry about transporting the air compressor, as a carry bag is already included.
- Auto shut off
- Includes carrying case
- Versatile and can be used for many applications
- Comes with a light for night time use
- Can accommodate 70 PSI inflation output
- May not work for trucks
- May be slow
2. Kensun Model J Tire Inflator
The Kensun Air Compressor is a multi-function device that permits you to inflate tires, sports balls, camping equipment and toys. It can be used for heavy-duty tasks, as with its 120W motor. This model will be able to generate a powerful flow and is set to 35 PSI out of the box to inflate tires. When the set PSI is met it has auto shut off.
The digital gauge is easy to read. The 110V home plug help you when your at home and want to inflate an object. The Kensun features a built-in flashlight that allow you to utilize it during every possible emergency situation.
- Multi-functional, suitable to use for cars, among others
- Can accommodate cars, balls, and beach inflatables
- Can be used for both 12V car and 120V wall outlets
- Compact design
- May not last long
- May not perform tire inflation as accurately as wanted
3. Kensun Performance Portable Air Compressor
The brand is very particular about the benefits one can have from buying a Kensun Air Compressor. It is reliable, portable and very easy to operate. It has an advanced functionality that you won’t need to worry about looking for the nearest gas station. The Kensun brand is one of the best and most trusted names when it comes to automotive accessories. You will never be disappointed if you have this in your trunk.
It is also versatile because you can operate it for home use, as well as for cars. Another great feature of this model is the AC/DC adaptability. To add, it offers an analogue pressure gauge and measure is up to 120 PSI. Cable length is up to 10 feet, which is very convenient if you are working outdoors. Lastly, 3 attachment nozzles are included in the package that allows you to perform a variety of task.
- Versatile, suitable for home and car use
- Features 3 nozzles that you can use for a wide range of inflating tasks
- Easy to use and transport
- Maximum air pressure is up to 120 PSI
- Some users had issues about its low quality and performance
- Air chuck should be screwed on in order to operate
4. Seborio Portable Mini Air Compressor
Last but not the least, we have here the Seborio Portable Air Compressor. This model, like the other entries in the list, can be used for a variety of uses. You can inflate bike tires, sports balls, camping equipment, as well as air mattresses. It is also very easy to use, as you can just plug it into a wall outlet or a car cigarette lighter. It features a 12-volt power that will be of help during emergencies.
For its specifications, gauge range is set at 150-PSI maximum and has a 120V motor. It comes with different adapters with needles, suitable for all kinds of tire inflation. You can set a tire pressure and it will shut off when finished.
- Package includes various adapters with needle for all kinds of inflation use
- Easy to use
- Can set pressure and it will shut off when finished
- Maximum air pressure is set at 150-PSI
- Doesn't have wall plug
Types of Air Compressors
In order to help you make a more informed decision, we shall discuss the three types of air compressors. This section may help you narrow down your choices into choosing the best 110v air compressor.
- Reciprocating Air Compressors: They are categorized under positive displacement machines that lets air pressure increase by reducing its volume. They take and confine successive volumes of air and elevate it to higher pressure. This task is done through the use of piston within a cylinder that acts as the displacing and compressing factor.
- Rotary Screw Compressors: This type of air compressor is also categorized under positive displacement machines. It consists of two rotors inside a casing wherein the rotors internally compress the air. It does not feature valves and units are air-cooled.
- Centrifugal Compressors: Categorized under dynamic displacement machines, it generates high-pressure discharge through converting angular momentum separated by the impeller. To do this task effectively, it rotates at quicker speeds compared to other air compressors.
Essential Factors to Consider in Choosing the Best 110v Air Compressor
What makes a good 110v air compressor? In this section, we will talk about what to look out for in searching for the best 110v air compressor.
- PSI Rating: This refers to the maximum air pressure the air compressor will be able to inflate. The PSI rating is considered as an important factor to look for because it allows you to do various tasks.
- Features: The products presented above have different attributes that you can weigh individually. May it be long cables, crafting material, carrying bag, among others. You have to choose the one in which you can most benefit from.
- Versatility: This means that you can either use them on 110V and 120V wall outlets. Being versatile should also mean it can be plugged in a car cigarette lighter for car applications.
- Ease of Use: Operating an air compressor is very easy and should not need extra amount of effort. You have to choose one that you will be able to operate with ease. This also means that having a compact one is convenient for storage and transportation.
Now that we’ve discussed the essentials about 110v air compressors, you’ll now be able to make a sound decision. Choosing one may be tricky but with our help, picking the best should be very easy. You just have to weigh the features, pros and cons of each product and you’re on your way. We hope we are of great help in your search for the best 110v air compressor.
Are you also looking for similar products to purchase for your vehicle? Click here to check out other products that are available in the market right now.