Looking for the best way to add elegance and privacy to your car? Thinking of how to minimize glare when driving and lessen the heat from the outside? In these instances, there is one thing that you will need – a window tint. Choosing one, however, will be a challenging task, especially because the alternatives can be overwhelming. If you are clueless about the best window tint to buy, keep on reading and we’ll share with you some of the best options that can be considered. We’ll also give you insights on the factors that you must know to make the right choice.
Benefits of Having a Window Tint
The following are some of the compelling reasons on why a window tint is an essential for your car:
- Reduction of Fading: The heat of the sun can inevitably damage upholstery, especially if it is made from leather. With this, having a window tint can be an effective solution.
- Block UV Rays: When you are driving and if you are exposed to the sun, there is a high possibility of suffering from skin damage. Window tints can help to lessen the damages that the UV rays can cause on your skin.
- Privacy: With a window tint, you will not be completely seen from the outside when you are driving.
- Improve Cooling Efficiency: Another good thing about window tints is that they are able to reject heat from the outside, making your air-conditioning function more efficiently.
Top Picks for the Best Window Tint
Main Product Features
Black Magic Insta Cling Jumbo 5%
Removable and reusable, no need for glue, 26x78 inches
Gila Static Cling 20% VLT Automotive Window Tint
78% glare reduction, self-clinging, 2-year limited warranty
OxGord Car Window Tinting Black Reflective Window Tint
20 inches x 10 feet, comes with a razor and plastic smoother, available in different shades
Lexen Roll 5% Limo Shade Window Tinting Film
Scratch-resistant, comes with razor and squeegee, uncut
ProTint Windows Window Tint Film Roll
Blocks 99% of UV rays, 36 inch x 10 feet, 5% to 50% VLT
In this section, we will have a rundown on the best choices that you might want to consider. We’ll look at their best features, as well as a few drawbacks, making it easier for you to get settled with a final choice.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Window Tint
It is important to keep the following things in mind as you try to differentiate the possibilities that you will be confronted with:
- Ease of Application: The good thing about most window tints is that they can be installed on your own. Make sure that there are detailed instructions on how they can be used. It will also be good if all the materials needed are already included in the package.
- Local Laws: It is also important to be aware of the traffic regulations on where you live. There are some places wherein it will be illegal to have window tint that is too dark. The least that you would want is to be flagged down by a cop because your tint does not match the law.
- Type of Tint: For you to easily decide on which one to choose, it is also important to be familiar with the options that are available in the market. For instance, one of the most popular is full metal tint, which is known for being shiny. Another option that can be taken into consideration would be HP metalized tint. More so, you might also want to opt for non-reflective window tint. At the end of the day, your personal preferences will be the one to dictate on which one is the best pick.
- Durability: For sure, you would not want to have a window tint that will ask for a quick replacement. With this, it is important to start your search by reading online reviews from other users or asking for recommendations from people you personally know. With this, it will be easier to know which amongst the options will be able to withstand the test of time.
- Budget: Before you start looking at the possibilities, it is good to have a set budget in mind. By knowing how much you can spend, it will be easier to narrow down the possibilities. Nonetheless, do not be tempted to pick a window tint only because it is cheap. At all times, quality should be a more important consideration than price.
- Maintenance: As much as possible, pick a window tint that is easy to maintain, making it a breeze for you to retain its best quality and appearance even through the years. It is also important to note that you should refrain from cleaning the tint 30 days after its installation. When having the window cleaned, it would be best to use cleaners that do not contain ammonia as the latter can negatively affect the quality of the film.
In sum, the best window tint can be beneficial in more ways than one. However, this does not mean that the benefits will be apparent from all products. This makes it critical to spend time and effort in differentiating the possibilities to be sure of the decision that you will make. With this, consider the recommendations above if you want to end up with an option that will provide the best bang for the buck.