If you are an HVAC technician or simply an individual who has always been fascinated with DIY tasks, there is one thing that you will surely need – the best refrigerant leak detector. This is an essential tool that will help in the diagnosis of possible problems. This will help to detect the presence of leaks that are otherwise impossible to be discovered with the use of traditional methods, such as through soap bubbles.
With the abundance of the options in the market, making the right choice is not an easy feat. With this, keep on reading the rest of this post and we’ll let you know how to find the right one and we’ll also recommend five of the best picks in the marketplace.
Top 5 Best Refrigerant Leak Detector 2017 Market
Solid Electrolyte Sensor Technology
Detects Even Gas
Advanced Digital Signal Processing
Essential Factors to Consider
To differentiate the options in the market, here are some of the most important things that should be taken into account:
- Ease of Use: It is important to choose one that comes with user-friendly features. As much as possible, it should be free from complications. To add, the manufacturer must also provide detailed information on how you can use the product.
- Durability: As you compare the possibilities, take a look at how rugged the design is. It should feel sturdy and must be made from premium materials. This means that it will be long-lasting and can provide the best value for money. Even through the years, it must be able to demonstrate superior quality and functionality.
- Maintenance: It is important for the refrigerant leak detector to be well-maintained to be guaranteed that it will work at its best even through the years. As you try to narrow down the possibilities, choose one that will require minimal effort to maintain. In most cases, regular calibration will be enough to maintain the product.
- Reviews: If you have no idea which one should be purchased, you can trust the opinions of other people. Many of them are generous enough to go online and share their experiences, which will be a good starting point in the analysis of the pros and cons of the possibilities.
- Type: There are different types of leak detectors hat are available in the market, each with their respective pros and cons. Here are some of the options that you will have:
- Halide: This is a friendly alternative, although this can pose safety risks amongst users.
- Fluorescent Dye: Even when it is used in low-light conditions, it can still effectively trace the location of the leak.
- Heated Diode: This is a popular choice because of its high level of accuracy, although the quality of the sensors can easily diminish.
- Corona Suspension: It has high-level sensitivity. One problem is that it produces sparks, which can be a source of combustion.
- Infrared: This is another excellent choice in terms of sensitivity. One problem, however, is that you have to always move when using this type of detector.
- Ultrasonic: This is excellent in terms of versatility as it can work with all types of refrigerants.
Top Picks for the Best Refrigerant Leak Detector
In this section, let us have a glimpse at five of the best products that you can find in the market:
Why You Should Have the Best Refrigerant Leak Detector
There are many reasons why you should have a refrigerant leak detector, including the following:
- Reduction of Energy Consumption: This leak detector will help to diagnose problems early on. With this, you can execute the necessary repairs and in the end, this will cause your energy bill to plummet.
- Improves Safety and Health: This will make sure that appliance is in their tip-top shape and they will never be a cause of any risk.
- Protects your Investment: Air conditioning units and other items where leak detectors are used can last longer if the problem is spotted early on and given the necessary solution.
Indeed, the best refrigerant leak detector can deliver an abundance of benefits, but this will only be the case if you choose the right one. To be sure, narrow down the possibilities to the five products that we have mentioned above, and for sure, you will end up with a decision that you will not regret. From their functionality to user-friendliness, we are confident that these products can indeed provide the best value for money.