As they say, the engine is the heart of any motorcycle. However, the engine alone will not be enough. It should be complemented with the right battery, which can be considered as the blood that makes the motorcycle function. It provides the power needed to start regardless of the external weather conditions. With the abundance of the options available, which one should you choose? In the rest of this guide, we will let you know how to pick the best motorcycle batteries and we will also have a rundown of some of the best brands and models you may want to consider.
Top 5 Best Motorcycle Batteries 2017 Market
Main Product Features
400 amp peak power, 12,000 milliamperes for backup power, weighs only 15 ounces
Quad terminal design, battery management system, does not contain liquid
30-day money-back guarantee, 18 months replacement, sealed AGM
Vibration-resistant, charges in 4 to 6 hours, 170 CCA
200 CCA, 12 volts, Advanced Lead Calcium technology
Essential Factors to Consider
As you narrow down the options for the best motorcycle batteries, here are some of the factors that should be given careful thought:
- Compatibility: One of the first things to do is look at the requirements of your motorcycle. Not all batteries have universal compatibility. Pay attention to the specifications to narrow down the possibilities.
- Types of Motorcycle Battery: Another consideration is the specific type of the battery that you will need. One of the most popular is AGM or Absorbed Glass Mat. The latter comes with a mat that is responsible for the absorption of electrolytes. Its versatility is one of its benefits, making it useful for a wide array of applications. You can also opt for a gel-type battery. It comes with silica-like gels for suspension of electrolytes. Many people choose this because there is a guarantee that there will be no leaking, even in case the battery breaks.
- Warranty: This is one thing that you should not miss if you want to be provided with the best value for money. Choose one that has an extensive warranty, which means that you will enjoy extensive support from the manufacturer. If there is any problem with the battery, you must be able to return it to the manufacturer and they must be able to help you.
- Maintenance: No one has the patience to deal with a battery that requires too much effort to maintain. See to it that the battery can retain its best quality and functionality through the years without the need to do much.
- Power Ratings: Do not forget to look at this technical detail as it will be indicative of the overall performance of the battery. A higher power rating is generally good, but this could also mean that the battery will be more expensive. The power rating of motorcycle batteries is expressed in volts.
- Reviews: Clueless about which one to choose? You should trust what other people are saying and read online reviews. Through the experiences and insights that others are sharing, arriving at the right decision will be a lot easier for you.
Top Picks for the Best Motorcycle Batteries
In this section, we will take a quick look at some of the top choices that you might want to consider.
Why You Need the Best Motorcycle Batteries
Here are some of the reasons why you should invest in a high-quality battery for your motorcycle:
- It Provides the Power that you Need: With an excellent battery, you can be confident that your motorcycle will be as powerful as it can be. This is vital for optimizing its performance.
- Use Your Motorcycle in All Weather Conditions: During the winter months, the freezing temperature can affect your battery. If you have one that demonstrates premium quality, on the other hand, it will easily start regardless of the season.
- Acts as the Blood of your Engine: Your motorcycle will be incomplete and will not function without a battery. Nonetheless, not just any battery would suffice. Take time to choose one that is sure not to bring regrets.
From the discussions above, we hope that evaluating the options for the best motorcycle batteries is now easier for you. Yes, there is an abundance of choices. However, this should not be taken as an excuse for you to choose just any product. You might be tempted to pick one because it is cheap, but at all times, quality should be more important.