Whenever you are confronted with the need to jump-start your car battery, there are different solutions to the problem. You may try to find another car to help you jump start your car or call a jump starting service. A better solution, however, is to use a lithium ion jump starter.
Portable lithium ion jump starter are small battery packs with jumper cables that can be conveniently placed in your toolbox or sometimes even the glove box of your car. When the need arises, you can use it to jump start your car.
If you are interested in a lithium ion jump starter, that's a smart choice. You'll always have help when you need it. As you look, you may want to choose the cheapest one, but larger cars need more power. Take time to consider how big your car's engine is, and what the product quality is like before buying.
As you research, you may find a product that meet you car's need just right. Keep reading to learn more about these jump starters.
What is a Lithium Ion Jump Starter?
Let's first discuss what a jump-starter is. It is simply a device that can be used to jump start a vehicle's battery, that can no longer start a car. If you have a dead battery, this device will come in handy.
With a portable jump starter, you will have a dependable companion while your on the road. This also means that you do not need to find another car and use their battery to help, which always carries the possibility of damage to the electrical systems.
Previously, portable jump starters were made from lead acid batteries, which were bulky and heavy. However, the new generation of jump starters are efficient and portable. They use lithium ion batteries some of them do not weigh more than a pound and are as compact as a pocket book.
They were first introduced in 2013 and since then have continued to improve to offer better functionality and performance. A key feature of these devices is their versatility. You can use them for jump-starting your car’s battery, for charging gadgets, laptops, and mobile phones.
Benefits of Lithium Ion Jump Starter
There are many reasons why a lithium ion jump starter is beneficial. Here are some of the things that will make this an excellent investment to have:
- Compact: This is perhaps the best thing about a lithium ion jump-starter. It won’t take too much space in your car. It is small and light weight, so you wont have to lug around a lead-acid jump-starters, which can weigh more than 20 pounds.
- Safe Jump Starting: Another good thing about lithium ion jump starters is that they are equipped with state-of-the-art microprocessors. They have a variety of safety features that can provide you with peace of mind when they are used.
- Packs a Lot of Power: Besides the small size, lithium ion jump starters can deliver a lot of cranking amps. It is be able to provide multiple starts before it needs to be recharged.
- Use it Wherever You Are: In the past you needed another car or a tow truck jumper service to jump start your battery. With a lithium ion jump-starter you can be self-reliant. There is no need to depend on other vehicle or to pay anyone to help out.
- Multipurpose: Another good reason to invest in the best lithium ion jump-starter is because it can be used in more ways than one. As noted earlier, it can also function as a portable charger for your gadgets.
Essential Factors to Consider
When choosing the best lithium ion jump-starter, make sure that the following things are taken into consideration:
- Reviews: To start with, it's a good idea to go online and learn more about what other people are saying about the product. Look for pros and cons. Finding detailed experiences can help you narrow down your choices.
- Ease of Use: No one wants a jump-starter that is too complicated to operate.Look for one that is simple to use and reliable. Again, you can consult the reviews from other users and use it to determine which ones will work best for you.
- Durability: A lithium ion jump-starter should withstand continue to work well over time. Make sure yours is durable. See reviews and look for quality construction with a sturdy case. Impact resistance is a good idea when jump starting a car.
- Safety: If you want to have peace of mind, you should also pay attention to the safety features that can be found in the product. For instance, there should be protection from overloading and reverse polarity. This will be helpful in prolonging the life of the lithium ion jump-starter.
- Warranty: If the manufacturer believes that their product will deliver long-lasting quality and functionality, they will offer an extensive warranty coverage. This means that within the warranty period, they may offer free repair or replacement in case the product encounters any problem, as long as it is within the terms and conditions they have specified.
Top Picks for the Best Lithium Ion Jump Starter
By now, you may be wondering which product is best for you. Below are five models that may work to meet your jump starting needs.
Indeed, the best lithium ion jump-starter is one thing that every car owner should own. They are usually compact and lightweight, yet powerful. It is more portable compared to traditional lead acid jump-starters. What’s more, compared to using jumper cables, it's a great way to be self-reliant. There's no need to wait for the arrival of road side assistance or to ask random motorists for help to help jump start your car.
Despite the many benefits that can be delivered by a lithium ion jump starter, you need to choose wisely. Not all deliver quality battery power or good costumer service. Some may make claims that are not always accurate. Check products reviews and do your own research to help you make the right choice.
Are you looking for other gadgets for your car? Check the review section to learn more about gadget and other help items for you car.