Whenever you are confronted with the need to jump-start your car battery, there are different solutions to the problem. You may try to find another car to help you jump-start your car or call a jump-starting service. A better solution, however, is to use a lithium-ion jump starter.
Portable lithium-ion jump starters are small battery packs with jumper cables that can be conveniently placed in your toolbox or sometimes even the glove box of your car. When the need arises, you can use it to jump-start your car. When choosing the best lithium-ion jump starter, make sure to consider the following things:
- Positive Reviews
- Easy to Use
- Safe to Use
- Extensive Warranty Coverage
If you are interested in a lithium-ion jump starter, that’s a smart choice. You’ll always have help when you need it. As you look, you may want to choose the cheapest one, but larger cars need more power. Take time to consider how big your car’s engine is and what the product quality is like before buying.
As you research, you may find a product that meets your car’s needs just right. Keep reading to learn more about these jump starters.
What is a Lithium Ion Jump Starter?
Let’s first discuss what a jump-starter is. It is simply a device that can be used to jump-start a vehicle’s battery, which can no longer start a car. If you have a dead battery, this device will come in handy.
With a portable jump starter, you will have a dependable companion while you on the road. This also means that you do not need to find another car and use their battery to help, which always carries the possibility of damage to the electrical systems.
Previously, portable jump starters were made from lead acid batteries, which were bulky and heavy. However, the new generation of jump starters is efficient and portable. They use lithium-ion batteries; some of them do not weigh more than a pound and are as compact as a pocketbook.
They were first introduced in 2013 and since then have continued to improve to offer better functionality and performance. A key feature of these devices is their versatility. You can use them to jump-start your car’s battery for charging gadgets, laptops, and mobile phones.
Benefits of Lithium Ion Jump Starter
There are many reasons why a lithium-ion jump starter is beneficial. Here are some of the things that will make this an excellent investment to have:
- Compact: This is perhaps the best thing about a lithium-ion jump starter. It won’t take up too much space in your car. It is small and lightweight, so you won’t have to lug around lead-acid jump-starters, which can weigh more than 20 pounds.
- Safe Jump Starting: Another good thing about lithium-ion jump starters is that they are equipped with state-of-the-art microprocessors. They have various safety features that can provide you with peace of mind when used.
- Packs a Lot of Power: Besides the small size, lithium-ion jump starters can deliver many cranking amps. It is able to provide multiple starts before it needs to be recharged.
- Use it Wherever You Are: In the past, you needed another car or a tow truck jumper service to jump-start your battery. With a lithium-ion jump-starter, you can be self-reliant. No need to depend on other vehicles or pay anyone to help.
- Multipurpose: Another good reason to invest in the best lithium-ion jump starter is that it can be used in more ways than one. As noted earlier, it can also function as a portable charger for your gadgets.
Essential Factors to Consider
When choosing the best lithium-ion jump starter, make sure that the following things are taken into consideration:
- Reviews: To start with, it’s a good idea to go online and learn more about what other people are saying about the product. Look for pros and cons. Finding detailed experiences can help you narrow down your choices.
- Ease of Use: No one wants a jump-starter that is too complicated to operate. Look for one that is simple to use and reliable. Again, you can consult the reviews from other users and use them to determine which ones will work best for you.
- Durability: A lithium-ion jump starter should withstand and continue to work well over time. Make sure yours is durable. See reviews and look for quality construction with a sturdy case. Impact resistance is a good idea when jump-starting a car.
- Safety: If you want to have peace of mind, you should also pay attention to the safety features that can be found in the product. For instance, there should be protection from overloading and reverse polarity. This will be helpful in prolonging the life of the lithium-ion jump-starter.
- Warranty: If the manufacturer believes that their product will deliver long-lasting quality and functionality, they will offer extended warranty coverage. This means that within the warranty period, they may offer free repair or replacement if the product encounters any problem, as long as it is within the specified terms and conditions.
Top Picks for the Best Lithium Ion Jump Starter
By now, you may be wondering which product is best for you. Below are five models that may work to meet your jump-starting needs.
1. Suaoki U3 400A Peak 8000mAh 12V Jump Starter
The versatility of this product is one thing that gives it an edge over many others that you can find on the market. It has several functions. Aside from being a jump starter and a phone charger, it also functions as a flashlight. This will come in handy when you have to find something in the trunk at night or when you have to look under the car’s hood.
When it comes to performance, it is not going to disappoint. The technical specifications can say it has 400 Amps of jump-starting power and 2.4 Amps for charging your smartphone or laptop.
In terms of portability, this is also a winner. While it is powerful, it is compact and lightweight. It will be easy for you to carry.
Lastly, the manufacturer also makes sure of your highest level of safety with the use of this product. It has smart jumper clamps that are protected from reverse charging, and it has overcurrent protection as well.
- Compact and lightweight
- Comes with a user-friendly design
- Delivers multiple functionalities
2. Tacklife T8 800A Peak 18000mAh Car Jump Starter
This comes with many features that will rival the other competitor available on the market.
It also has a long standby time (12 months), so storing it in the car makes sense. It comes with a light, SOS signal, compass, signal light, and LCD screen to view the power of the battery.
The clamps are able to connect to the battery and help jump-start the car. Aside from jump-starting, it can also serve as a mobile phone power bank when you need to charge your mobile phone.
As per the specifications from the manufacturer, this jump-start kit will work with a car, SUV, truck, or van up to 30 times after a complete charge.
- Compact and lightweight design
- Easy to use
- Comes with an emergency light
- 2-year warranty
3. JNC660 1700A Peak Amp 12V Jump Starter
This is another option that is well-received in the market for portable jump starters. It has 1,700 peak amps and 425 cranking amps, which are enough to provide enough power for most heavy-duty cars or trucks.
The unit may be larger and heavier than most of its counterparts, but this is only because it is feature-rich. It has functions and features that will make it the perfect choice for everyday drives and pros. It comes with a voltmeter that will make it easy to monitor the charge status.
The PROFORMER Technology that is present in this jump starter is another great reason to pick this above most of its competitors. It optimizes the power and ensures it will provide extended power when you need it the most. This technology help with cranking power and the service life of the battery.
Lastly, it has built-in automatic recharging, letting you recharge by plugging it into an outlet. With this, you can expect that the jump starter will always be ready when you need it the most. It will never run out of charge.
- Comes with plenty of power for jump-starting
- Jump starts quickly
- Popular even for the pros
4. NOCO GB40 1000A 12V Ultrasafe Lithium Jump Starter
This is another dependable option that should definitely be part of your list. It has an abundance of safety features, which will also make you confident that it will last long. For instance, it comes with reverse polarity protection and spark-proof technology. You can connect it to any battery without worries.
It is also worth noting that it can deliver up to 20 full jump-starts on one full charge. It is perfect for vehicles of all sizes. It can easily start a 6.0L V8 engine. There is no need to look for another car with a battery that is in excellent condition.
Lastly, you might also love how it comes with LED light. Not only that, there are seven light modes that are available, making it versatile.
- Has advanced safety features
- Durable construction
- Has LED flashlight
5. DBPower 600A 18000mAh Car Jump Starter
This may be a popular brand with some good features that make it interesting. It has an impressive 18,000 mAh of power, especially because it’s lightweight and compact.
With this jump-starter, you can jump-start a car about 20 times if the battery is fully charged. It has safety features that prevent overcharging.
Also, it comes with ports so you can charge your mobile phones.
- Sleek design
- Easy to use
- 3-year warranty
- Comes with a case
Indeed, the best lithium-ion jump starter is one thing that every car owner should own. They are usually compact and lightweight yet powerful. It is more portable compared to traditional lead acid jump-starters. What’s more, it’s a great way to be self-reliant compared to using jumper cables. There’s no need to wait for the arrival of roadside assistance or to ask random motorists for help to help jump-start your car.
Despite the many benefits that can be delivered by a lithium-ion jump starter, you need to choose wisely. Not all deliver quality battery power or good customer service. Some may make claims that are not always accurate. Check product reviews and do your own research to help you make the right choice.
Are you looking for other gadgets for your car? Check the review section to learn more about gadgets and other helpful items for your car.