Light bulbs are amongst the most important parts of your car. They are not only an accessory that adds aesthetics to your vehicle, but they are also essential when it comes to your safety. With this, it is important to make sure that your headlights are integrated with the right bulb. To help you make the right choice, in the rest of this post, we will be taking a quick look at some of the best options for the best H11 bulb. We will also discuss some of the factors that will have an impact on your decision, and more importantly, we will have a look at five of the best models that are available in the market.
**Below, you'll see more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices and read customer's reviews on Amazon.
Best H11 Bulb: Your Guide To Making The Right Decision
What Is An H11 Bulb?
Before we proceed with the discussions, let us first define what this bulb is. Simply put, H11 is a type of filament lamp that is used for headlights in cars, most of which can be seen as a part of fog lights. This is excellent for night driving as it is able to offer superior illumination, providing you with the guarantee of being safe while on the road. Regular headlights will not be enough to let you see through the night, which is why you need to use fog lights with an H11 bulb.
Top Picks for the Best H11 Bulb
Having a hard time choosing which one to buy for your fog lights? In this section, we will discuss five of the best options you might want to consider, as well as a few of their features. To help you decide, we will also have a rundown of some of the pros and cons.
1. OPT7 LED Headlight Bulb
With more than two decades of experience in the lighting industry, the manufacturer made sure that this H11 bulb is integrated with top-of-the-line features, providing you with the guarantee that it can deliver unmatched performance.
Amongst its many features, one of the most impressive is the Arc Glass Technology, which gives it a distinct advantage above its competitors. The latter is an exclusive technology, which allows the light to create a high-density pattern to prevent the presence of dark spots.
Another innovative feature that is equally commendable in this product is the Dual Speed Turbo Cool Fan, which is incorporated in its Flux Beam. This is able to provide the flow rate that is two times better than what you can expect from most of the alternatives.
The Red Line Control Driver is also exceptional, which acts as the brain and heart of the light bulb. It is designed with an ultra-efficient chip that can control different functions of the light. It also helps to improve heat protection and optimize light output.
- Produces clear light
- Long-lasting functionality
- Installation is a snap
- Lack of adjustments
- Minimal throw distance
2. Sylvania H11 Silver Star Ultra High Performance Halogen Light Bulb
Sylvania has gained reputation as one of the best in the market, and this product is a testament to the global reputation that the company was able to build. They have a world-class manufacturing plant, which is equipped with the latest technologies that allow them to produce high-quality H11 bulbs.
Form their product line, this is the brightest down road headlight. Such feat is made possible because of the use of highly-engineered filament, which is complemented with exclusive halogen gas mixture. To add, it also utilizes cobalt blue nano-coating technology, which is another innovation that makes it outdo the performance of many others within the competition.
It is also a good thing that the H11 bulb complies with all of the legal standards that have been set, specifically in the United States. This means that it is legal to be used and most of all, its performance has been tried and tested. This should be more than enough to provide you with the confidence that you will not have any regrets in choosing it above all others.
- Affordable price
- Provides optimal night vision
- Does not increase glare
- Short life
- Poor customer service
3. LED Import USA LED Cree Headlight Bulbs
This is an H11 bulb that is meant for the outdoors. It can greatly complement your adventurous spirit, which is basically because of its ability to resist external elements. It is waterproof. In addition, the fan can work optimally even if it is subjected to extreme weather conditions.
Heat control is one more thing that makes this a great option. Aside from the dual stage cooling fan, it is also integrated with cool charged driver. With these features, you can expect that it won’t be prone to overheating and with such, the specifications state that it can be functional for more than 50,000 hours.
Looking for H11 bulbs that will be effortless for you to install? You have another good reason to take this into consideration. It is designed to fit in 90% of CANBUS vehicles. In fact, as many others would prove, its installation can be accomplished even in as short as 20 minutes. The best thing is that you can do it on your own! Just follow the detailed instructions that have been provided by the manufacturer.
- Excellent heat control
- Impressive ability to manage external conditions
- Easy to install
- Poor quality of electrical connector
- Looks like a knock-off of a more expensive brand
4. Philips H11 Crystal Vision Ultra Upgrade Headlight Bulb
Philips has more than a century of experience in manufacturing light bulbs, which is sufficient reason for you to believe that this is indeed a good choice. It has passed the requirements of the Department of Transportation, which means that it is street-legal.
It is advertised as a 4000K bright white light, which makes it a promising option. This will provide you with optimal white light that you need on the road. There are some, however, who noted that its brightness does not really seem to be as advertised.
One good thing about this model is the blue cap that is integrated on the top of the bulb. The latter will provide a cool blue effect, which will make the light warmer, especially when you are driving during daytime.
This is one product that we can highly recommend to budget-conscious buyers. In spite of the fact that it is made by a trusted brand and even if it has impressive features, the price tag will surely not hurt your wallet.
- Economical price
- Made by a trusted brand
- Can explode
- Not as bright as advertised
5. Star K 80W All-in-One LED Headlights
Although this is a brand that many of you have not heard of in the past, this can prove to be a promising option. It can deliver bright light, which has a stated output of 8,000 lumens. This will allow you to enjoy optimal illumination when driving.
With this H11 light bulb, there is no need for you to be worried about installation. In fact, its installation can be completed within just 20 minutes. Just follow the instructions and for sure, you won’t have to sweat.
The 360-degree Beam Technology is one more thing that is worth noting. This is an innovation that allows the light to deliver an abundance of benefits, such as durability and energy-efficiency. It also reduces electromagnetic interference and will make sure that it won’t produce glare.
Lastly, it only consumes 80 watts of power. With this, as it has also been earlier pointed out, you can be confident that it will be energy-efficient.
- Easy to install
- Exceptional life span
- Does not produce dark spots
- Brand is unknown to many
- Can be easily burnt
Type of Bulb
When looking for the light bulb that can be used for your fog lights, it is also important to be aware of the different options that are available, as well as their pros and cons. With such, below are three of the types of H11 bulbs:
- Halogen: Since it has been launched in the 1960s, it became one of the most popular choices when it comes to H11 light bulbs. They are cheap and simple, with most being able to offer a lifespan of up to 1,000 hours. However, one of the problems with this type is that while it creates bright light, it can also generate heat. It can also be contaminated by various substances and is quite fragile, making it important to handle such with care.
- HID: The efficiency that is produced by this type of bulb is commendable. It is made from composites of gases and rare metals. They can last more than 2,000 hours and while they can produce exceptional brightness, the power consumption is minimal, usually only 35 watts. However, it has the potential to create a bright glare, which makes it a potential disturbance in traffic. It is also expensive and the system is more complex.
- LED: This is an excellent choice amongst designers because of its size. With its thinness, it can be easily shaped in different forms. Its brightness may not be comparable to HID, but within only a few seconds, it will be able to achieve its optimal brightness. Its biggest benefit, however, will be its energy-efficiency. In fact, many houses today, and even TVs use LED lighting because of its minimal power consumption. Its high cost, however, can be a significant drawback for many people.
Essential Factors to Consider
When choosing the best H11 bulb, the following are some of the most important things that should be taken into consideration:
- Compatibility: One of the first things that you should do is to think about its compatibility in your car. Take note of the fact that not all light bulbs will be compatible with your headlight system. See to it that it will perfectly fit, or else, you will end up wasting your money.
- Ease of Installation: The good news is that H11 bulbs can be installed even on your own. You do not need the help of a mechanic nor do you need to be a pro. You just have to make sure that it is easy to install. The manufacturer must be able to provide comprehensive instructions, allowing you to complete the job easily. In addition, make sure that you do not hold the bulb as this can break.
- Lifespan: For sure, you would want to be provided with the best bang for the buck. With this, make sure to choose one that is going to be long-lasting. More often than not, the manufacturer will state the lifespan of their H11 bulbs based on the number of hours. See to it that it will be good for tens of thousands of hours.
- Brightness: The main purpose of H11 bulbs is to provide the illumination that you need on the road. With this, it is important to make sure that it is bright enough so that it can function as expected. Nonetheless, there are some that can be too bright, which can be blinding to the other driver. See to it that the brightness is just enough. You also have to pick one that is street-legal, which means that you are allowed to use it.
- Feedbacks: To help you decide on which one should be chosen, it would be best to gather feedbacks from other people. Take a look at what they have to say, and for sure, it will be easier for you to reach a decision. Some are generous enough to relay their real-life experiences, which will help you to evaluate the pros and cons of the alternatives.
In sum, your search for the best H11 bulb will never be an easy undertaking. With the abundance of the options that are available, picking the right one can be challenging, especially as each manufacturer will claim that they have the best. To make things easier, limit your choices to the brands and models that we have mentioned above. We have taken a look at some of their features, and we are confident in recommending them to people who are on a quest towards finding the best.