Light bulbs are among the most important parts of your car. They are not only an accessory that adds aesthetic value to your vehicle, but they are also essential when it comes to your safety. With this in mind, it is important to make sure that your headlights are the right kind for your needs.
The best H11 bulb may come down to preference and performance. Here are some characteristics of some of the best-selling headlight bulbs.
Lumens per pair
Watts per pair
To help you make a choice, in the rest of this post, we will be taking a quick look at some of the best options for the best H11 bulb. We will also discuss some of the factors that may have an impact on your decision, and more importantly, we will have a look at five of the best models that are available now.
What Is An H11 Bulb?
What is an H11 bulb? The H11 type bulb is used as a regular headlight for your cars. Some headlights are dual-beam, but H11 bulbs are single-beam lights. That means you need two bulbs per headlight.
This makes it work well for replacing the high beams, low beams, or fog lights. They come in both halogen and LED bulbs. Your car owner’s manual will let you know what type of bulb to use, or you can look at the bulb you’re replacing to make sure you have the correct number.
You’ll also notice that there are different types of bulbs. The halogen is cheaper, more fragile, won’t last as long, and may not be as bright. The LED light may be higher priced, is energy efficient, usually brighter, and lasts longer.
And don’t forget about color. Some lights look sort of orange, others white, and higher kelvin (K) lights look bluish.
Looking at photos of cars that have the bulb you want can help you decide if it is the kind that will work for you. Blue headlights may not be legal in your area since they tend to be too bright.
Headlight Bulbs Brightness Changes With Housing
All headlight bulbs are brighter when the high beams are on. The problem comes when oncoming traffic is blinded by high beams. In order to get the best performance from your lights, the headlight beam pattern, housing, and lumens should be taken into consideration.
- Almost always, the more lumen or lux a bulb has in housing, the better it performs.
- Be careful with any bulb over 6500K in color. It may be too bright to be safe.
- LED bulbs are usually brighter in regular reflective headlight housing versus projector housing.
- Many LED headlights will perform very well in fog light housing and may perform better than in headlight housing.
- Halogen bulbs tend to have smooth coverage over a road’s surface when in regular reflective housing.
- Some LED bulbs show a bit less smoothness than halogen bulbs in regular reflective housing and may have a dark patch here or there. This is usually made up by an LED’s brightness and if it has a good design.
Top Picks for the Best H11 Bulbs
Having a hard time choosing which bulb to buy? In this section, we will discuss five of the best options you might want to consider and their features. To help you decide, we will also have a list of some of the pros of each light.
1. Fahren H11 LED Headlight Bulbs
This bulb is a very bright LED bulb with a brightness of 6500K. The cool white color can light up the road well, and the light can reach about 800 feet ahead of the car. An impressive amount compared with the competition.
They are three times brighter than a halogen light yet will not blind oncoming traffic as some LED bulbs do.
They are rated as IP68 waterproof, which means they can “withstand dust, dirt, and sand, and are resistant to submersion up to a maximum depth of 1.5m underwater for up to thirty minutes.” (samsung.com)
These lights work with most vehicles and come with a life span of about 50,000 hours. The compact design makes it easier to install. This light H11/H9/H8 plug will fit a standard factory socket.
- Produces clear light
- Long-lasting functionality
- Installation is a snap
- Come in both cool white 6500 K and 80W
- 50,000 hours of life
2. Sylvania H11 Silver Star Ultra – High-Performance Halogen Headlight Bulb
Sylvania has gained a reputation as one of the best in the market, and this product is a testament to the global reputation that the company was able to build.
They have a world-class manufacturing plant, which is equipped with the latest technologies that allow them to produce high-quality H11 bulbs.
From their product line, this is the brightest down-road headlight. Such a feat is made possible because of the use of highly-engineered filament, which is complemented with an exclusive halogen gas mixture.
In addition, it also utilizes cobalt blue nano-coating technology, which is another innovation that makes it out performance many others within this category.
It also complies with all of the legal standards set in the United States. This means that it is legal to use, and most of all, its performance has been tried and tested.
This should be more than enough to provide you with the confidence that you need to choose this bulb if it meets your needs.
- Provides optimal night vision
- Does not increase the glare
- 4100 K color
- About 145 hours of life
3. Cougar Motor H11 LED Headlight Bulbs
This bulb is a bright LED bulb with a brightness of 6500K. The cool white color can light up the road well at 18,000 lumens.
It has a high-speed fan, which may help the bulb last longer than other bulbs with slower fan speeds.
They are rated 150m range, which means they can operate well in rainy and snowy conditions.
These lights work with most vehicles and come with a life span of about 50,000 hours. (Normally, most LED Headlights will not last this long, but they should surpass regular halogen bulbs) These H11/H9/H8 bulbs will work well with most vehicles, with some exceptions.
- Excellent heat control
- Works well with most car computers
- Easy to install
- 6000 K color
- 50,000 hours of life may be possible
4. Philips H11 CrystalVision Ultra Upgrade Headlight Bulb
Philips has more than a century of experience in manufacturing light bulbs, which is sufficient reason for you to believe that this is indeed a good choice. It has passed the requirements of the Department of Transportation, which means that it is street-legal.
It is advertised as a 4000K bright white light, which makes it a promising option. This will provide you with the optimal white light that you need on the road.
There are some, however, who noted that its brightness does not really seem to be as advertised.
One good thing about this model is the blue cap that is integrated into the top of the bulb. The latter will provide a cool blue effect, which will make the light warmer, especially when you are driving during the daytime.
This is one product that we can highly recommend to most car owners. In spite of the fact that it is made by a trusted brand and even if it has impressive features, it can be useful for most car owners.
- Made by a trusted brand
- Around 3600 K color
- 150 hours life
5. Beamtech H11 LED Headlight Bulb
Although this is a brand that many of you have not heard of in the past, this can prove to be a promising option. It can deliver bright light, which has a stated output of 12,000 lumens at 6500k. This will allow you to enjoy optimal illumination when driving.
With this H11 light bulb, there is no need for you to be worried about the installation. In fact, its installation can be completed within just 20 minutes. Just follow the instructions, and for sure, you won’t have to sweat.
This bulb is waterproof, and one more thing that is worth noting is that it will not drain power on start-up. This is an innovation that allows the light to deliver an abundance of benefits, such as durability and energy efficiency. It also reduces electromagnetic interference and will make sure that it won’t produce glare.
Lastly, it only consumes 60 watts of power. With this, as has also been pointed out earlier, you can be confident that it will be energy-efficient.
- Easy to install
- Exceptional life span
- Does not produce dark spots
- 6,500 K color
- 50,000 hours life
Types of Headlight Bulbs
When looking for a light bulb that can be used for your headlights or fog lights, it is important to be aware of the different options that are available, as well as their pros and cons. Below are three types of H11 bulbs:
- Halogen: Since it was launched in the 1960s, it has become one of the most popular choices when it comes to H11 light bulbs. They are cheap and simple to install, with some being able to offer a lifespan of up to 1,000 hours.
- However, one of the problems with this type is that while it creates bright light, it can also generate heat. It can also be contaminated by various substances and is quite fragile, making it important to handle with care.
- HID: The efficiency that is produced by this type of bulb is commendable. It is made from gases and rare metals. They can last more than 2,000 hours, and while they can produce exceptional brightness, the power consumption is minimal, usually only 35 watts.
- However, it has the potential to create a bright glare, which makes it a potential disturbance in traffic. It is also expensive and complex.
- LED: This is an excellent choice among designers because of its size. With its thinness, it can be easily shaped in different forms. Its brightness may not be comparable to HID, but within only a few seconds, it will be able to achieve its optimal brightness. Its biggest benefit is its energy efficiency.
- In fact, many houses today and TVs use LED lighting because of their minimal power consumption. Its price is close to that of halogen light, so most people are choosing these lights as a brighter, longer-lasting solution.
Factors to Consider When Buying H11 Bulbs
When choosing the best H11 bulb, the following are some of the most important things that should be taken into consideration:
- Compatibility: One of the first things that you should do is make sure it is compatible with your car. Not all light bulbs will be compatible with your headlight system. Double-check your owner’s manual and read any reviews about how they fit in your car model.
- Ease of Installation: The good news is that H11 bulbs can be installed on your own. You do not need help from a mechanic, nor do you need to be a pro.
- You just have to make sure that it is easy enough to install. The manufacturer may be able to provide instructions on their website or packaging, allowing you to complete the job easily. In addition, make sure that you do not hold the glass part of the bulb, as this can break.
- Lifespan: Make sure to choose a bulb that is going to be long-lasting. More often than not, the manufacturer will state the lifespan of their H11 bulbs based on the number of hours.
- Although many LED bulbs claim to have a long life, the heat produced by these bulbs can shorten their life considerably. Yet, they will usually last twice as long as halogen lights if they are built well.
- Brightness: The main purpose of H11 bulbs is to provide the illumination that you need on the road. It is important to make sure that it is bright enough so that it can function as expected.
- Nonetheless, there are some that can be too bright, which can blind other drivers. Pick one that is street-legal. These are usually less than 100-meter beam length and yellow or white in color, not blue.
- Feedback: To help you decide on which one should be chosen, it would be best to gather feedback from other people. Most reviews can tell you the specific information that will help. Getting an expert review is often helpful as well. I like bulbfacts.com for its reviews and recommendations.
Your search for the best H11 bulb will never be an easy undertaking. With the abundance of options that are available, picking the right one can be challenging, especially as each manufacturer will claim that they have the best. To make things easier, limit your choices to the brands and models that we have mentioned above.