When it comes to the lubrication of machinery and equipment, often, you will need to exert a lot of effort. This is going to be labor-intensive. The good news is that such can be done in a manner that is a lot easier. How is this possible? One thing that can help would be investing in the best grease gun.
It should be noted, however, that not all grease guns are created the same. With this, if you need help in making a decision that you will not regret, keep on reading, and we’ll share with you some valuable insights, including our top picks for the best grease gun available on the market today.
Essential Factors to Consider When Buying
It is important to keep in mind the factors that will be mentioned below, which will make it likely that you will end up with a well-informed choice.
- Types of Grease Gun: One of the first things that you should do is to think about the specific type of grease gun, which will be indicative of its functionality. In this case, the following are the options that you will be confronted with:
- Lever: This is the most common and the cheapest of the five. You simply need to pull the lever to create pressure. This is perfect for most light-duty applications.
- Cordless: This is a grease pump that is powered by batteries. This is an excellent choice when it comes to portability, allowing you to work anywhere.
- Hand-Pump: In the case of this type of grease gun, your hand needs to perform a pumping action, which will help to build air.
- Pistol-Grip: The grip is easy to handle, and this is available for both left and right-handed users. It can be used with a single hand.
- Pneumatic: This is the most powerful of the five types of grease gun, making it the perfect choice for high-duty applications.
- Amount of Lubrication: In choosing the best grease gun, it is also important to consider the amount of lubrication that you will need, as this will be indicative of the size that should be chosen. Consider the intended purpose or extent of the application to know the right size for your needs.
- Ease of Use: For sure, you would not want to have equipment that is filled with complications. With this, see to it that the grease gun is straightforward to operate. It should also be easy to handle, which will be indicative of your highest level of comfort, especially if it is going to be used for an extended period.
- Technical Specifications: You should also understand the technical features of the product to easily determine which one is right for your needs. In this case, you need to look at the strokes per ounce and the maximum pressure that can be generated by the grease gun, which will be reflective of their performance.
- Warranty: If you want to have peace of mind, make sure to pick a grease gun that is backed with extensive warranty coverage from the manufacturer. This means that if it experiences any defect in craftsmanship if it is not your fault, the manufacturer can repair it for free.
In this section, we will take a quick look at five of the best models that are currently available in the market.
1. Lincoln 1162 Air Operated Grease Gun
Among other things, the variable speed trigger is one of the best features of this model, allowing it to offer versatility. This means that you can use it for different tasks, as the speed can be easily adjusted based on what is required.
The powerful performance of this grease gun is another thing that is worth noting, making it a favorite within the product category. The maximum operating capacity and air pressure are beyond many of its competitors.
Lastly, another feature that should be highlighted is the advanced pump design. This allows it to operate continuously and to prevent issues related to priming.
One of the best about this model is its fully automatic functionality, which makes it excellent when it comes to ease of use. It also offers variable speed settings, and holding it is sure to be comfortable because of its ergonomic design.
However, its weight is slightly heavier than most of the alternatives. In addition, the instructions are also quite vague, which may make it challenging to use for the first time.
The Bottom Line
In sum, despite its slightly heavy weight, this is a top contender within the product category. It can deliver performance that is hard to rival.
2. Dewalt DCGG571M1 20-volt MAX Lithium Ion Grease Gun
The powerful motor of this model is one of its best features. It can deliver a maximum of 10,000 PSI, making it the most powerful of the models that are mentioned in this guide. If you are looking for one that can be used for professional applications, this should be at the top of your list.
The bright LED light is another excellent feature that makes it a good pick. With this, it will be easy to work even in poorly-lit areas. You can see every part of the machine, allowing you to have better control.
Lastly, it comes with a pump filter screen, which is basically the one that is responsible for the prevention of contamination. This also eliminates the possibility that the pump will be clogged, making it easy to ensure its reliable functionality.
The brand name is already more than enough to consider this as an excellent choice. It is lightweight and comfortable to use. It is dependable and can deliver continuous power regardless of what you will require. Best of all, it is equipment that will withstand the test of time.
Perhaps the major drawback of this model could be the ease of use for some users. Of the five products that are mentioned in this article, this model is battery-powered. However, this may be one option that people like.
The Bottom Line
Made by one of the most dependable brand names within the product category, this is one option that clearly stands out from the competitive landscape.
3. Lumax LX-1152 Black Heavy Duty Deluxe Pistol Grease Gun
This grease gun is designed for one-hand operation. With its convenient design and sleek profile, you will be happy with the fact that it is a snap to use. It is also lightweight and portable.
Another excellent feature that is worth noting about this product is the 3-way loading. This makes it excellent when it comes to versatility. There are multiple ways by which the tank can be filled – bulk fill, suction, or standard cartridge.
The 18-gauge steel barrel is also a good feature. This is the reason why it is going to be exceptional when it comes to durability. Even through the years, it will not be easily worn out.
This is an excellent choice if you are looking for an option that will be user-friendly. It features a flexible hose and it also has a long handle, making it easy and convenient to hold. The solid construction is also worth noting, indicative of its durability. The best thing is that it comes with a well-constructed.
One issue, however, is that it is not suited for heavy-duty applications. It is best to limit its use to small and medium jobs. If you are a pro, you will find this quite a disappointing choice. If you are a novice, on the other hand, you will surely love it.
The Bottom Line
In sum, if you are looking for a grease gun that comes with a good level of PSI, which is also user-friendly, this is one option that should be included in your list.
4. Powerbuilt 940798 4,500 PSI Heavy Duty Pistol Grip Style Gun
Among other things, the anodized aluminum barrel that is used in this grease gun is one of its excellent features. This is lightweight, which makes it convenient to handle. You can be confident that this will last through the years.
Aside from being made from aluminum, another thing that is worth mentioning about the barrel is its rubber sleeve. With the latter, it will be easy to grip it. Even if your hands are sweaty, you will be able to hold it in a manner that is steady.
It is also a good thing that it comes with a piston cup, which is one thing that makes it versatile. Because of this, it can be used in an upright position while being sure of delivering the same commendable performance.
This is another top pick for a grease gun with ease-of-use alternatives within the product category. However, you can expect that it will never disappoint when it comes to the performance that it can deliver.
If there is one problem, however, it would be that loading grease may take quite some time, especially if it is your first time to use it. After a while, however, you will get used to it and refilling it will be a lot easier.
The Bottom Line
This can still prove to be an excellent choice within the product category given its many features.
5. Grease Tek Premium Pistol Grip Grease Gun
The intelligent design of this model is one feature that makes it stand out from many other options in the market. It comes with a pistol grip handle, which will make it easy to hold the unit, even with the use of a single hand.
It is also a good thing that it has a positioning grease loader. This will allow you to work at different angles while still being guaranteed of the same great results.
You might also be impressed with the plunger design of this grease gun. The latter is basically the one that is responsible for making it user-friendly. Loading and priming will surely be done in a snap because of this.
From the five products that are mentioned in this guide, this is the one that comes with a high level of ease of use. Aside from this, it has also been praised because it is easy to assemble and handling it will be a snap, making sure of your comfort.
If there is one significant drawback, however, it would be the fact that it is meant only for small tasks. The size of the cartridge makes it sufficient only for basic jobs.
The Bottom Line
In sum, although this model is meant only for small-duty applications, this can still prove to be an excellent choice.
Benefits of Having the Best Grease Gun
The following are some of the compelling reasons that can convince you to invest in a high-quality grease gun:
- Lengthens the Functional Life of Machines: One of the best reasons to have a grease gun is to improve a machine’s longevity. This is going to help you save a lot of money in the long run since your machine will not require frequent replacement.
- Reduces Waste: While there are many other ways by which it will be possible to lubricate equipment, they can lead to wastage. To minimize the latter, it would be best to have a grease gun. This will provide you with complete control over how much lube should be applied.
- Improves Speed: Another good thing about using a grease gun is that it will allow you to accomplish work in a manner that is quick. It will take only a few minutes of your time before a machine is lubricated.
Keeping types of machinery in tip-top shape does not need to be a hard task. Things can be a lot easier if you have the best grease gun with you. However, this does not mean that you can choose just any model. Go back to the models that we have recommended above, and it will be easier for you to reach the right decision.