If you are an automotive novice, you might not have heard of a cold air intake before and you probably have no idea on what it does or why it is important. For car enthusiasts, on the other hand, this is one of the most popular vehicle upgrades because of its ease of installation and economical price while being able to provide a significant improvement in performance.
In the rest of this post, we will briefly tackle five of the top picks for the best cold air intake, as well as the reasons why they are recognized as amongst the best in the marketplace. We will also discuss some of the most important considerations that will help you to weigh the pros and cons of the possibilities.
Benefits of Installing a Cold Air Intake
Do you really need to have a cold air intake? Below are some of its many benefits, which can convince you that you actually need to have one:
- Improve Horsepower: One of the most obvious benefits would be increasing the power of your car. A cold air intake has oxygen and allows the air to cool, which is basically how it is able to deliver a positive impact in horsepower.
- Increase Throttle: If you do not upgrade to a cold air intake, there is a tendency that your vehicle will have a slow response, especially when you are driving uphill. This is an upgrade to having more air that will be needed for combustion and to produce more throttle.
- Affordable Price: This is one thing that will largely depend on the product that will be chosen. Generally speaking, however, the cost is more practical compared to other upgrades that can be executed to improve torque and horsepower.
- Longer Engine Life: A cold air intake comes with a filter that will be basically responsible for sucking cold air. It is able to block contaminants that can get to the engine and that can possibly shorten its functional life.
- Ease of Installation: Generally speaking, cold air intakes do not require professional knowledge in terms of their installation. You can complete it even without a helping hand, provided that the manufacturer has clear instruction on how it can be done.
- Increased Gas Mileage: One way by which you can enjoy long-term savings with a cold air intake would be through gas efficiency. The gas will be burned better and will last longer, making it offer significant benefits in your wallet.
Essential Factors to Consider
To easily narrow down the choices and make an intelligent decision, these are some of the most important factors that you need to take into account:
- Installation: You do not need to pay the professional services of a trained mechanic to install a cold air intake. You can do it even on your own. Choose a product that is user-friendly. The manufacturer must also provide you with detailed instructions on how its assembly can be completed.
- Filter: It is also important to evaluate the quality of the filter. It should be reusable and washable. This means that you will be able to save a lot of money as you can just clean the filter instead of buying a new one as a replacement.
- Durability: Take the time to evaluate the overall construction and the materials that are used in the cold air intake. You can also read reviews to make sure that you will pick a product that is not easily prone to wear and tear.
- Size: To determine the size that is right for your vehicle, you will have to look under the hood and see which size is best for your needs. The engine space will dictate what to buy. Luckily, smaller ones do not always equate to being inferior in terms of quality compared to their larger counterparts.
- Warranty: Most of the options that you will find have a warranty that lasts for one year. If possible, look for one that comes with a longer warranty, possibly a lifetime. This will guarantee satisfaction with the purchase that you will make.
- Price: It is surely tempting to buy the cheapest product that is available. Personally, I won’t decide on the sole basis of price. You should not be hesitant to spend more if this is tantamount to enjoying a product that can deliver superior functionality.
- Reviews: At this point, if you still find it hard to decide which one to buy, go online and look for more reviews from other users. Their real-life experiences will provide valuable insights that will make it easier for you to weigh the good and the bad of the choices that you have in mind.
Top Picks for the Best Cold Air Intake
In this section, we will identify five of the best choices that should be under your radar as well as some of the things that make them exceptional.
In sum, the best cold air intake is one of the most practical upgrades that you might want to consider for your vehicle. It can significantly improve the horsepower and torque of your engine. This is cheaper compared to other performance upgrades. Keep an eye on the five products mentioned above to make a decision that you will not regret in any way.