You have a car, but you have no garage. What is the best thing to do? I believe that you should be looking for the best carport kits that are available in the market and consider investing in one. This will provide a portable garage, which can even double as a tent where you can gather with family and friends while enjoying the outdoors.
Not all carports, however, are created the same. Do not make the mistake of buying one only because of its aesthetics or its low price. You have to be responsible enough to carry out an intelligent evaluation of the possibilities, such as through the materials that are used and their functionality.
If you have no idea on which carport kit is best to purchase, keep on reading and we’ll share some useful insights that will help you come up with the right decision. Aside from discussing the most important considerations, we will also tackle five of the best options available in the market today, as well as the features that make them exceptional.
Essential Factors to Consider
To start our discussions, let us first have a quick look at some of the most important considerations in choosing a carport kit that will work best for your needs:
- Ease of Assembly: Most carports can be assembled by two persons. It is best to have a helping hand so that you can safely complete its installation. Pay attention to the instructions from the manufacturer as well.
- Size: How big is your car? How big is the space available in the yard? These are two of the most important things that will help you to decide on the size of the carport. More often than not, a bigger carport is a better option since this guarantees better protection for your car.
- Durability: If you want the best value for money, see to it that the carport is made from premium materials that will last for a long time. Powder coating is important for steel frames, which will allow the latter to resist rust and corrosion.
- Versatility: In most instances, a carport should not only cover your car, but must also double as a covered tent. This can be used if you have gatherings with family and friends, such as for lunch in the garden.
- Portability: Lightweight carports are good in terms of portability, but make sure that the stability will not be compromised. Standalone carports are better than those that are attached to a fixed structure. This means that you can easily disassemble it and install in a different location.
- Warranty: This is an important consideration as it will provide you with peace of mind. The standard warranty is one year. Some can have up to ten years of warranty. A longer warranty is a better choice since this means that you can expect support from the manufacturer in case the product proves to be defective.
Top 5 Picks for the Best Carport Kits
VINGLI 10 x 20 Carport
Below are five of the products that can provide the best bang for the buck. To convince you that they will make great choices, we will also list down their main features.
What are the Different Types of Carport Kits?
It is important to be familiar with the different styles and types of carports that are available so that you can easily make the right decision. There are different ways to categorize the carports that are available in the market, such as through the following:
- Some of the most common materials that are available for carports include steel, metal, aluminum, and wood. Steel and metal are two of the top choices. They tend to be heavy, which is why some people opt for aluminum since they are lightweight.
- Wood is the least preferred option for a carport. It requires heavy maintenance and may not be as long lasting as its counterparts.
- In terms of the design of the carport, there are some that are independent and movable structures, such as those that we have mentioned in this guide.
- There are also some carports that function as an extension of the house, garage, or any other permanent structure.
- Some carports are open on the side, allowing air to pass through. There are some with side walls. The latter hides the vehicle from the prying eyes, but can be prone to condensation because of the lack of air circulation.
At the end of the day, there is no universal answer on which one is the best. It all boils down to personal needs and preferences.
Quick Tips in Using Carport Kits
To make the most out of your carport kit and to make sure that it will offer the protection that your car needs, below are some of the most important things that you have to take into consideration:
- Make sure to choose the right position of the carport. Do not place it in the street or in an area that is already beyond your private property. In some places, you will need to secure a permit before you can proceed with the installation of a carport.
- Keep it clean to make the carport last longer. Even if they are made from the best materials that are available, they still need proper care and maintenance to extend their functional life. More often than not, soap and water will be enough to keep it clean.
- You also need to pay attention to the anchoring system. They may already be included, but in some instances, you have to purchase them separately. This will be necessary to keep the carport stable amidst strong wind.
- Pay attention to condensation as well. One of the possible causes of the latter is poor ventilation. With this, see to it that there is enough opening to let air come in. The material used for the carport can also lead to condensation.
- Do not attempt to set it up on your own, especially if it is a large one. Do not hesitate to ask for a helping hand so that you can prevent injuries and be sure that the carport is set up the right way.
In sum, while all of the products that have been mentioned in this review are excellent, Kdgarden 10 x 20 Portable Carport stands out from the rest. If you are searching for the best carport kits and this will make an excellent choice. It is simple, versatile, and portable, making it almost everything that you will need for a carport.
Are you looking for more products that you can use for your car? Click here and our quick buying guides can provide you with more insights.