Like blood that pumps to bring your body into life, a battery supplies the energy that is needed by your ATV to function. Therefore, it is important to make sure that you have nothing but the best, which, in turn, will result in an exceptional performance of your vehicle. In the rest of this buying guide, we’ll help you choose the best ATV battery available in the market. We will have a quick look at some of the factors you should consider and four of the products you might want to include in your list.
Top 4 Best ATV Battery 2020 Market
Cold Crank Amp
Essential Factors to Consider
To begin with, in this section, we will tackle some of the most important factors that will have an impact on the choice you will make.
Types of Battery
Here are the different types of ATV batteries that you can see in the market:
- Absorbed Glass Mat Battery: Also known as AGM battery, this is one of the best options. There is a glass mat that is especially designed for wicking electrolytes. Even if it is expensive, it is popular because they do not degrade as quick as other batteries.
- Wet Cell Battery: With this battery, there is water and sulfuric acid inside. This type of battery is available in two types – maintenance-free and serviceable.
- Gel Cell Battery: In this type of battery, there is a silica-type gel inside. This is also where the electrolyte is suspended. It has a lower discharge rate compared to AGM battery.
For beginners, the technical details may seem overwhelming. Nonetheless, you should spend time taking a look at these details and understand what they mean. Here are some of the most important terms you should know:
- Cold Cranking Amp: Often called CCA, this is a measurement of the amp that can be produced by the battery at 0 degrees Fahrenheit. This is important if you live in an area where it is often cold or snowing. In lower temperatures, a higher number will make sure that it will easily start regardless of how cold it is.
- Cycle Life: This refers to the total number of complete charge and discharge cycles that can be handled by the battery. A longer cycle, life means that you will be able to use the battery for a longer span of time.
- Amp Hour: Expressed as AH, this is indicative of the total number of amps that can be supplied by the ATV battery within a specific hour.
Other Factors to Consider
Aside from those mentioned above, here are other factors that are important to consider:
- Maintenance: Ideally, you should look for a product that is maintenance-free. This means that it will remain in its tip-top shape without requiring effort on your end.
- Mounting Options: You must be able to mount the battery depending on the position that is required by your ATV.
- Compatibility: Check the requirements of your ATV to be sure what is the best battery that should be chosen, such as with regards to the size and types of connector.
- Reviews: If you are clueless on what makes the best pick, it will be best to rely on the opinions of other people and use it to narrow down the possibilities.
Top Picks for the Best ATV Battery
To make things easier, limit your choices to the four products that will be mentioned below.
Benefits of the Best ATV Battery
You need to invest in nothing but the best because of the following reasons:
- It provides a reliable source of power, making sure that you can use your ATV in a variety of situations, even when the external temperature is too cold.
- It makes you confident about your safety. A high-quality battery makes sure that it will not be a risk in any way.
- It maximizes the performance of your ATV. If you choose an inferior ATV battery, expect that its performance will be dismal.
With the abundance of the options that are available, looking for the best ATV battery can be an overwhelming task. With this, we hope that this buying guide was able to extend a helping hand. At all times, you should look beyond price. Pay attention to the quality and functionality of the battery. Even if it is expensive, if it is well-loved and given favorable feedback, it will be worth your money.