A Valuable Guide On The Engine Fuels For Cars
One of the important factors in the purchase of a new car is not just its cost but the type of fuel as well. There are a modification in emissions rules and engine design with each new model out in the market. The present revisions will be different than the previously owned car. The new model, new technology!
Be a wise consumer and make knowledge-based decisions. Some of the names of fuel are:
- Ethanol Blend
Premium unleaded green petrol is vastly sold and a lot of demand for most engines. More vehicles use this type of petrol. 95 RON is the specification of octane level. It is the dimension of ignition inside the engine. Greater octane zone translates into fuel ignition higher effort workability speed in certain high types of engines. The car manual specifies the type of petrol to be filled.
Every car produced after 1986 make use of unleaded petrol. The trio grades of this type of fuel include:
- Premium unleaded
- High octane
High-performance cars make use of premium and greater octane fuel. High ranking cars are built to use this fuel in their engine. Your car manual will specify the details of the fuel to be used and its different alternatives.
This is superlative 97/98 RON octane petrol and burns in higher compression with more pressure. Certain Japanese cars make use of this type of petrol and so do certain Porsches and Ferraris. This variety of petrol can be filled with most engines. However, certain types of engines make it beneficial on the run.
Fuels with Premium Tag
Names like Shell, V-power, BP Ultimate come under this nomenclature of 99 RON. It has higher octane rating. The trio benefit of this product with better octane ranking is:
- Better lubrication
- Improved cleaning action
- Greater workability
All types of engines adapt to it but only limited number show an economy in fuel consumption.
Petrol pumps label the product differently such as low sulfur diesel, or plain diesel, etc. Read the label before filling the car. Bigger attainment products are also available. Namely Shell V-power diesel, BP Ultimate Diesel, as well as Total Excellium Diesel. The fuel comes with greater cetane rating. This makes the fuel:
- Ignition faster
- Burns competently
- Lubrication and cleaning properties from deposits
The price of petrol is steadily going up globally and with an interest in environment going up car manufacturers are modifying their vehicles to make it adaptable to changing ideas. Thus, more and more cars with diesel tank are entering the market. It is a clean fuel and advancement in technology has improved its many folds.
Comparatively, the perks of diesel over petrol cars translate into the following:
- They are economical for use and require less fuel
- Environmental friendly as reduced fuel use and fewer emissions forced into the environment
- Time saver as frequent refilling of the tank not required.
It is for these reasons that diesel vehicles are more in demand.
You cannot mix petrol and diesel in the same tank of the car. Engine lubrication methods get adversely affected. The diesel tank is high-pressure fuel pump meant for the single type of fuel. Moreover, the diesel nozzle is wider than petrol one and petrol station agents will object to interchange. The ill fitted nozzle will not fit to fill the tank. The fuel will spill over.
LPG or Auto Gas
Liquefied Petroleum Gas or LPG autogas is a substitute to petrol.
- An extra tank has to be equipped to make it functional.
- It looks like a gas cylinder.
- Cars should have enough space to hold the cylinder.
- Several petrol pumps offer this facility.
- Cost wise it is cheaper than petrol because of lower fuel duty taxation, which will go up gradually in coming years.
LPG is a byproduct obtained through oil extraction. The petrol cars and unleaded cars are converted into LPG ones. It does not give out fumes.
Bio Diesel and Bio Ethanol
These are produced through plants crops. It functionality is similar to diesel and petrol and can replace both the products for running of the vehicle. These can be blended for use. Some countries have passed laws to blend this product with the regular fuel. The mixture potency will slowly be enhanced to 5% in the coming years. This is accepted by car manufacturers and car warranty will not be adversely affected.
- Biodiesel is a novel product in the market in recent years.
- It burns with fewer fumes in the environment.
- It is produced from natural sources, which are renewable for example vegetable oils and thus the word bio is attached to it.
- The engines have to be made compatible with this type of fuel.
- Other fuels may retard the functioning of the vehicle.
- About 30% of petrol cars in the USA have ethanol as fuel.
- Once ethanol combined to petroleum, it reduces the cost of the fuel and keeps the engine in a well-being state.
For example, E5 means 5% ethanol mixed with petrol. Similarly, E 10 is 10% blend. All blend fuel cars use the fuel. One can substitute the ethanol and petrol in the care safely.
Prior to use of biofuel product understand those car manufacturers are not compactable with this technology use. In case some functioning problem erupts in the vehicle the warranty will not cover it.
- The regular diesel will be replaced by oil-based diesel.
- The product is not recommended for users who have not adapted their car for such fuel use.
- A small percentage of petrol pumps sell this fuel commercially.
- The percentage details are specified for the knowledge of the consumer.
For instance, a label of B30 would mean 30% biodiesel and 70% normal diesel. Bioethanol biofuel is a replacement for petrol. Very few petrol stations sell this variant. For example, E30 is 30% ethanol and 70% petrol product.
As the name suggests the vehicle uses electricity as well as petrol to power it. Huge batteries pack can also be an answer; when car not in motion the batteries are kept on charging. Batteries charge through the engine. This method is called regenerative braking.
- It makes the car motion slow.
- It changes kinetic energy into electrical energy and stores it.
- The traditional braking system wastes kinetic energy and the brakes get heated.
- In case, the car moves on high speed the battery and electric power aids the owner’s car.
- Unleaded petrol is used in the car.
For instance, Toyota Prius as well as Honda Civic Hybrid benefit from unleaded petrol whereas, Lexus GS 450 H fills its tank by premium unleaded petrol. New car owners consult the manufacturers. Hybrids are good for city run. It is good fuel economy. Electric cars give no emission and are good for the environment. These cars are good for city run. Carry charging needs when you go out. The lifestyle with the car has to change.
We will be happy to make you wiser on car issues. Fuel variants are many now and readers are bound to have doubts. We are interactive and you will receive a prompt reply from us. Stay in touch with us.