Whenever you are confronted with the need to jump-start the battery of your car, there are different solutions that can be taken into account. Many will probably look for another car and bother motorists on the road. A better solution, however, is to use the best lithium ion jump starter. These are small battery packs that can be conveniently placed in your toolbox or car’s hood. When the need arises, you will surely be thankful that you have one in your car.
If you are on the lookout for a lithium ion jump starter, you will be confronted with an abundance of choices. A lot of you may decide on the basis of which one is the cheapest, but this may not actually be a wise thing to do. Instead, you should take time to gather feedbacks from other people and research in the technical specifications of the product. If you are clueless about how to make the right choice, keep on reading and learning from the insight we will be sharing.
What is a Lithium Ion Jump Starter?
Before anything else, let us first discuss what a jump-starter is. It is simply a device that can be used for boosting battery. If you have a dead battery, this will come in handy. With this emergency tool, you will have a dependable companion while on the road. This also means that you do not need to find another car and use their battery to power up your battery. Traditionally, it is made to use lead acid batteries, which are bulky and heavy.
However, there is a new generation of jump starters that are available in the market. They are efficient and portable. They exist in the form of a lithium ion jump starter. Many of them do not weigh more than a pound and as compact as a pocket book. They were first introduced in 2013 and since then, have continued to improve to offer better functionality and performance. The best thing is that they are versatile. While you can use them for jump-starting your car’s battery, they can also be used for charging gadgets, such as laptops and mobile phones.
Benefits of Lithium Ion Jump Starter
There are many reasons why a lithium ion jump-starter can be better than other types of jump- starters. Here are some of the things that will make this an excellent investment to have:
- Compact: This is perhaps the best thing about a lithium ion jump-starter. It won’t take too much space in your car. It will be a space-efficient addition to your tools. In the case of lead-acid jump-starters, they can weigh more than 20 pounds. Lithium ion jump-starters; on the other hand, are smaller by as much as 80%.
- Safe Jump Starting: Another good thing about lithium ion jump starters is that they are equipped with a state-of-the-art microprocessor. They have a variety of safety features that can provide you with peace of mind when they are used.
- Packs a Lot of Power: Besides the small size of a lithium ion jump starter, you might be surprised with the performance that it can deliver. It will be able to provide multiple starts before there is a need to have it recharged.
- Use it Wherever You Are: Traditionally, with a jump-starter, there needs to be a car with a battery in excellent condition beside you. With lithium ion jump-starter; on the other hand, you can be self-reliant. There is no need to depend on other vehicle or other people.
- Multipurpose: Another good reason to invest in the best lithium ion jump-starter is because it can be used in more ways than one. As noted earlier, it can also function as a portable charger for your gadgets.
Essential Factors to Consider
When choosing the best lithium ion jump-starter, make sure that the following things are taken into consideration:
- Reviews: To start with, it would be a good idea to go online and learn more about what other people say. Look for feedbacks on a specific product. The experiences of other people will be a good way to narrow down the possibilities.
- Ease of Use: No one wants a jump-starter that is too complicated to operate. With this, look for one that is as simple to use as possible. Again, you can consult the reviews from other users and use it to determine which one will be user-friendly.
- Durability: A lithium ion jump-starter should withstand the test of time. With this, make sure that it is durable. It will be good if it comes with a sturdy case. Impact resistance is also an excellent feature.
- Safety: If you want to have peace of mind, you should also pay attention to the safety features that can be found in the product. For instance, there should be protection from overloading and overcurrent. This will also be vital in prolonging the functional life of the lithium ion jump-starter.
- Warranty: If the manufacturer believes that their product will deliver long-lasting quality and functionality, they will offer an extensive warranty coverage. This means that within such period, they can offer free repair or replacement in case the product encounters any problem, as long as it is within the terms and conditions they have specified.
Top Picks for the Best Lithium Ion Jump Starter
By now, if you are wondering which one can provide the best bang for the buck, below are five of the brands and models that you may want to consider.
Indeed, the best lithium ion jump-starter is one thing that every car owner should own. It is compact and lightweight, yet it is powerful. It is more portable compared to traditional lead acid jump-starter. What’s more, compared to jumper cables, it is self-reliant and convenient. There is no need to wait for the arrival of road assistance or to ask random motorists for help to boost your battery.
Despite the many benefits that can be delivered by a lithium ion jump starter, you have to choose wisely. Not all of the options are the same in terms of their performance. Many may make aggressive claims, but do not easily give in to what they are saying. Go back to the things mentioned above, including the products we have recommended, we hope that this guide would be able to help you make the right choice.
Are you looking for other gadgets that can be used for your car? Check this website and learn more about other products that can be beneficial in more ways than one.