Keeping your vehicle tires properly inflated is a quick maintenance task that is very important for your safety. To do this, you need a tire pressure gauge to check tire pressure before you go on a long trip. If you are looking for the best tire pressure gauge available in the market right now, read on. We will provide you all the information you need to learn before you make an actual purchase.
What is a Tire Pressure Gauge?
A tire pressure gauge is a device that checks the air pressure of your vehicle’s tires. It will not fix or repair any problems on the tires, but it can prevent them instead. It is meant to diagnose your tires, as it lets you know when it is time to fill them with air again. In addition, it is used to estimate the amount of air in the tires. Not only that, it can save you a lot of time by making sure you pump more air if necessary.
It may not be present in everyone’s glove compartments, but it should be considered as mandatory equipment for vehicle owners. It will be able to keep you safe by ensuring your tire is in its best condition at all times. It will also save you a lot of time and money for maintenance and reparation. Low tire pressure can significantly lessen your car’s overall fuel economy and can impact your vehicle’s braking and handling.
Tire pressure gauges have a lot of benefits. Your tires are guaranteed to last longer and will not wear if applied with correct air pressure. Using this device will help maintain the proper air pressure that will result in increase in gas mileage. In addition, over and under inflated tires are going to change the road handling properties of your car. This is the reason why it is also recommended that you regularly check your tire’s air pressure.
Top Five Picks for the Best Tire Pressure Gauge
In this section, we are going to discuss the top five recommendations for the best tire pressure gauge available right now. We will provide you with each product’s features, pros, and cons so you can make a better evaluation before buying.
Types of Tire Pressure Gauges
Before you decide on which one to buy, it is important to have an understanding of the different types of tire gauges that are available in the market. You need to evaluate their pros and cons to determine which one is best suited for your needs.
- Stick Type: This type of gauge would look like a regular ballpoint pen. They are compact, simple, and very cheap. On the downside, they are a little difficult to interpret than digital tire pressure gauges.
- Digital Type: The digital tire pressure gauges would look like a pocket calculator. They have electronic LCD or LED display that makes them easier to read than the stick type. They are also very resistant to damage from dirt and rust. However, they are bulkier and require batteries for you to use them. While batteries are rechargeable, digital tire pressure gauges can wear down in years.
- Dial Type: Dial gauges would look like a clock’s face but has a needle that indicates the air pressure. Some of them have features that include bleeder valve, extension hose, and dual-scale dial. They are very easy to read but may take two hands to operate unlike the others. Lastly, they are bulkier and more expensive.
Essential Factors to Consider when Choosing the Best Tire Pressure Gauge
Before we conclude, first let’s talk about the essential factors to consider when choosing one. This is vital because not every model possess the desired properties that make the best tire pressure gauge.
- Easy to Use: A tire pressure gauge must be easy to use. This means that you have to choose one that you can operate using only one hand. As mentioned in the above section, dial gauges take two hands to use. However, stick and digital tire pressure gauges only require one.
- Easy to Read: Stick and dial gauges are analog and may be difficult to read accurately, especially during nighttime. However, digital tire pressure gauges have backlit LCD or LED display that allows faster, easier and more accurate readings. You have to choose one that you will be able to read even in low light conditions.
- Durable: Digital and dial gauges are more wear resistant, depending on the build quality and material, unlike stick gauges. With proper care, tire pressure gauges can last a while. It should be noted that experts have advised not to trust a reading that came from a roughly treated gauge. You have to choose a tire pressure gauge that can endure any weather and can last a long time.
- Price: You should not purchase really cheap tire pressure gauges you can find at a dollar store or gas stations. Keep in mind that with a few dollar additions, you can get a better one that clearly has more features. In evaluating the top picks, make sure to relate each product’s features, pros and cons with their individual prices.
- Accuracy: The ones mentioned above would be useless if the readings are not at all accurate, right? The newer models of digital tire pressure gauges can give almost the same accuracy as the stick types. Make sure you choose one that gives you correct readings.
- Features: Individual features are important as you weigh them in contrast to the other models. They may be small features but may not be offered to other models. Make sure you choose one that gives you the most advantages and benefits.
When choosing the best tire pressure gauge, it’s important to review the above to help you narrow down your search. It may also save you a lot of time and effort if you already know what you are looking for.
Choosing the best tire pressure gauge may be difficult especially if you don’t know what you’re looking for. With this guide, choosing the best one should be an easier task. You have to remember to review each product’s individual features, pros, and cons to come up with a better decision. After that, you may now relate each product to their prices if you think they make great value for the price you pay.
Are you also looking for other products to use for your vehicle? Click here to check some reviews about the products that are available in the market right now.