Every car owner is advised to have at least one spare tire in case an accident occurs and the need for tire replacement would be necessary. A lot of us would agree to this statement but all of us should have to invest in a high-quality spare tire cover. These would come in handy to ensure that our spare tire is safe from external elements.
In this post, we are going to discuss all you need to know when choosing the best spare tire covers. Not only that, we also have here the top 4 picks for the best ones available in the market. What you need to consider in selecting, its types and along with some tips, we hope we can provide you valuable information before you make a purchase.
What Factors Should You Consider Before Choosing The Best Spare Tire Covers?
There are a lot of options for the best spare tire covers. This is the reason why it is very important that you consider the factors below before choosing the best one. When you review this, you will be able to narrow down your choices into making a good decision.
- Type: Before you select the best one out of the four presented below, you should be aware first about the different types of spare tire covers: soft vinyl and hard. If you already know what type you are looking for, picking the best one will be a lot easier.
- Size and Compatibility: It is mandatory that you know the size of your spare tire first before you actually buy a cover for it. Chances are the one you buy might be too big or too small for your spare tire. Compatibility is also an important factor as not all tires are made equally.
- Construction: Materials used should be high quality, durable and strong. It should be able to withstand and endure harsh environments. The purpose of getting a spare tire cover is to protect it and that is why the one you should buy must be able to perform its task.
- Ease of use and transport: The spare tire cover you should choose must be easy to use. Covering a spare tire is not a very difficult job and it should not take a couple of minutes to do it. Another thing is that it must be easy to transport. Some of the products below come with a carrying handle for carrying.
- Features: When determining the best spare tire cover, you also have to consider the individual features of each product. Some brands offer a lot more than the others and it is up to you to decide which spare tire cover feature you would most benefit from.
- Price: After carefully reviewing the pros and cons of each product, you may now decide if the product you are eyeing to buy is worth your money. Getting great value results from paying less and at the same time, getting more out of it. To get the best, you might have to treat it as an investment, instead of an expense.
- Product Reviews and Ratings: This is also a very important factor you have to take into consideration as it gives you information about how well the product has worked out for its actual buyers. Ratings will give you a summary of what these buyers think about the product you are about to buy.
Top Picks For The Best Spare Tire Covers
To help you come up with an informed decision, here are four of the products that I believe are outstanding than most of their competitors.
Different Types Of Spare Tire Covers
There are lots of different ways in classifying spare tire covers. Below you will find the most common types that you may encounter:
1. Hard Cover
- Made from firm materials such as stainless steel and molded plastic
- May also be a combination of both steel and plastic
- Comes in two parts: face plate and ring wraps
- The face plate will cover the front of the spare tire while the ring wraps will lock a latch in place
- Can provide maximum security and protection for your spare tire
2. Soft Vinyl Cover
- To use this, you have to wrap the cover around the spare tire
- Tightening at the back portion is also required
- May sometimes feature an elastic cord or sewed rope for tightening
- An interior felt pad may also be attached to it
- Most soft vinyl covers are made from heavy-duty and water-resistant fabric
Quick Tips In Using A Spare Tire Cover
Once you have decided on what to buy for the best spare tire covers, here are some of the important points you always have to keep in mind:
- Once your spare tire cover starts to show signs of tear and wear, you have to replace it as soon as possible.
- Spare tire cover is necessary to protect the tire from sunlight that can degrade its finish, and it does not matter whether the tire is chromed, polished, or painted.
- Uneven discoloration can also happen if you don’t use a cover for your spare tire.
- Covers can also conceal the spare tire, as it also reduces the risk of being noticed by thieves.
The best spare tire covers are vital in making sure that you keep your spare tires clean, safe, and well maintained. It will be providing you security from harsh environments, as well as thieves. In addition, having one will guarantee that the tire you will use in case of an accident or emergency will be in its top condition. With the products mentioned above, we hope you will be able to choose the best one that will be a great value for your money.
Are you also looking for other products that will be of great use for your vehicle? Click here to find out about these products and we hope we can help you narrow down your choices.