Life on the road is quite exciting, but if you are required to perform typical household work, your trip can steal away the fun. Washing and drying clothes on the road is not a simple task as you do at home. A weekend RV outing will result having a heap of clothes to wash and dry.
So to avoid such issues and to help RV travelers, companies have come up with products such as an RV washer dryer to make your work easier. So if you are planning a two-month trip, then make sure your vehicle has an RV tool box. If the machine stops working, you will require tools to repair it. Here are given reviews of 5 best RV wash dryer to make it easy to buy one in your recreational vehicle.
Keep Away From The Hassle Of Untidy Clothing Issues: Complete Reviews Of The 5 Best RV Washer Dryer For Camping 2017!
What is RV Washer Dryer?
An RV is a fully equipped vehicle that combines transportation with temporary living facilities for travel and camping. An RV washer dryer is the best way to wash your clothes when you are traveling for weeks or months.
It is very important when you are traveling with your family for more days to get your clothes cleaned. It is not possible to wash and dry clothes in a vehicle. An RV wash dryer will perform a different wash and spin cycles. They are compact and easily portable.
What are the Different Types of RV Washers and Dryers available in the Market?
The major type of RV washer and dryers are:
- RV stackable washer and dryer: The machine works similar to that one in your home. They can handle 12-pound loads, and it uses the washer and dryer the same time. If there is space, you may use it.
- The washer and dryer combo: They are the most popular choice by RVers because they are effective and efficient. They use one drum for washing and drying. They are designed for small spaces and available in both vented and non-vented models.
- Portable washer and dryer: You can do laundry anywhere with an excess of electric outlets, sink, and a drain. Some models don’t require electricity to work. The portable dryers are non-vented, and some model comes with sensors to track how dirty your clothes are. Most of these models come with multiple heating and drying cycle.
There are two variations across the three types. These include:
- Vented – The machine uses air in the room to dry your clothes. To accommodate them in the space, you have to make holes for the exhaust vent.
- Non-vented – When drying clothes, the unit will heat the air inside the drum to dry your clothes. Such RV’s use lot of water and drying clothes take a long time.
The 5 Best RV Washer Dryer On The Market
1. Haier HLP21N Pulsator 1-Cubic-Foot Portable Washer
The Haier 1 cubic foot portable washer can load clothes up to 6 pounds. With the quiet operation as it makes one of the best washer dryers to be installed in your vehicle. It comes with three water level and three wash cycles. The washer is perfect to wash baby and delicate clothes.
- The portable washer has a stainless steel drum and on-off indicator light.
- The automatic water level is the special feature you will find in this washing machine.
- The top loading machine has a smooth rolling caster, and the LED indicator light displays the cycle starts.
- There is a pause button to interrupt for adding more laundry.
- The Haier portable washer has a compact design allowing it to be installed easily in limited space.
- They come with wheels allowing easily to be moved away for storage.
- A maximum number of clothes can be loaded into the stainless steel drum at one time per wash cycle.
- Using the simple touch pad, you may choose heavy, normal or quick wash.
- It offers functionality in washing clothes.
- The machine offers excellent extraction of water.
- There are no leaky hose connections.
- The machine operates quietly.
- Some customers are not satisfied with the quality of artistry.
- Sometimes the clothes form a big ball while spinning.
2. Panda Small Compact Portable Washing Machine (10lbs Capacity) XPB45 -Larger Size
The Panda compact portable washing machine comes with a larger capacity of 10 lbs. You may wash clothes of 6 people at a time. It is made of excellent quality with great customer service. It has built in pump for easy drainage. It is a top brand in washer category.
- It is a twin tub washing machine portable to plug it anywhere.
- It has a small, powerful washing tub.
- The control panel offers easy to switch between wash, drain and spin function.
- The spin tub offers great spin effect.
- They prevent clothes flying out due to centrifugal force.
- The machine has one side of washing and one side of the spinning feature.
- The machine is small, compact and portable. You can easily move the machine from your apartment to the RV.
- It includes the drainage pump and external hose. Just hang the hose over a sink or tub.
- It is a powerful machine that offers great performance. Just fill the water and set time for performance.
- For a gentle and effective wash, you may use 280W washing power.
- The spinner power is 140W with 1300 RPM.
- It is a lightweight, portable machine.
- It has a decent size washer.
- It comes with a dryer.
- It is suitable to be used for 3 to 6 people.
- You have to hang your clothes on a rack overnight to dry completely. This can be difficult with an RV if the weather is not sunny outside.
- You have to spin clothes twice because the spin dryer is half a size of the washer. Some customers have complained about leakage also.
3. Splendide WD2100XC White Vented Combo Washer/Dryer
The Westland washer comes with a dryer and offers the extra capacity to wash a lot of clothes at a time. The AC motor delivers leading capacity and quiet performance in less space. It is a perfect RV travel companion with 15 pound wash capacity and 11 pound dry capacity.
- The machines have a simple wash cycle, set a dry time and press start.
- The extra wide door opening features make it easy to load clothes easily.
- The soft touch electronic knob turns easily. You may adjust the water level. It will display the cycle status.
- The bi-directional drum rotates by reducing fabric wrinkling.
- It is very compact and ideal to be used for small space. You may install it in kitchen, bathroom or cramped space.
- The machine offers great performance with ten wash cycles and three dry cycles.
- You may choose each type of cycle appropriate to the garment. Your clothes will stay in better shape.
- The machine is easy to use and choose the wash cycle you want.
- You may add laundry during the cycle.
- The filter will clean it and remove its lint.
- It is ideal to be used in RV’s.
- The machine is pricier than other devices.
- You can dry only a few clothes at a time in the dryer.
- Some clothes or fabrics may end up with more wrinkles. So avoid using silk like fabrics in the machine.
- The machine is a vented unit, so it is harmful to the environment.
4. Ivation Small Compact Portable Washing Machine
The aviation washing machine comes with twin tub a washer and a spinner. It offers wash capacity of 15 lbs. and spin capacity 11 lbs. at a time. You may load a small to medium number of clothes in the machine. They are ideal to be used in cramp areas and RV. It consists of twin tub washer and spin, and it also includes drainage pump and tube that is ideal for dorm rooms, RVs and other vehicles.
- It is a portable washing machine with dual function unit help to perform small to medium load anytime.
- The wash timer can run for 15 minutes and spin timer to 5 minutes. It came with a drainage tube and built in drainage pump.
- You may load 15 lbs of clothes at a time. Fill the turn through water inlet and load garments. Put the detergent and set the timer.
- It has a small compact design and the twin tub washing machine and doesn’t take too much space in your RV.
- The machine has a transparent lid allowing you to see the washing process from outside. Transfer the clothes from the machine to the spinner easily.
- The small compact machine along with spinner performs great and fast.
- The fast acting spinner removes water in 5 minutes. The built in drainage offers no fuss maintenance.
- It is a small, compact washing machine, easily portable.
- They are ideal for small rooms and RV.
- They offer great washing and spinning features.
- The machine doesn’t come with replacement filters.
- Sometimes it has a problem draining the water.
- Many customers have complained the drain hose could have been a little longer to connect to the inlet.
- You must watch the water input or else it may overflow.
5. Dometic WDCVLW White Ventless Washer Dryer Combo
Dometic white is a ventless washer dryer that comes with a spin speed 1200 RPM. It comes with eight cycle options, making it one of the best RV dehumidifier. It gives you the convenience, washing and drying clothes up to 6.8kg load. Water will easily drain into the sink.
- It is a highly efficient washer dryer that offers continuous wash and dry features. Many cycle options are easy to operate.
- The LCD timer display with alarm and the machine use 20% less water than any other machine.
- It has three spate compartments for detergent, liquid and fabric softener. It comes with a child lock feature.
- It is a space saving combo unit best suitable to be used in your RV. It has a compact design and easily portable anywhere you travel.
- The self-cleaning wash cycle offers you to choose different washing options for cotton, delicate, bulky and baby clothes.
- With spin speed, extra rinse and adjustable water temperature, the machine performs great. You can dry 15 pounds of clothes at a time.
- The cooler door temperature protects pets and children.
- It uses 20% less water than any other models.
- It has a self-cleaning wash cycle and pump.
- It has a one year warranty.
- It comes with an installation kit.
- Some people have said the machine is noisy.
- Vibration is more.
- They have poor customer service.
- It doesn’t come with a pre-wash or pre-soak feature for dirty clothes.
- The machine has a small tub, and the clothes don’t move properly through the water.
After making the above product reviews of the best RV washer dryers, I see that the clear winner among the above is the “Panda Small Compact Portable Washing Machine.” The all-in-one washer dryer is quite popular for use in recreational vehicles. They are used to do washing chores easier when you are traveling. Get your laundry done on the road with various options available. You can focus more on your RV vacation.