The introduction of RV has changed our style of traveling and fulfilled the need for wanderlust in each one of us. You can go as many adventures you want all in the comfort of your RV. Sleeping in an RV can be challenging and introducing back problems. You need to get the best RV mattress to get the best sleep and comfort.
At the end of the day, all we need is a good night's sleep. With the help of the best RV mattress, you can have a sound sleep without any back pain and have a great trip in your RV.
What is RV Mattress?
RV mattress is a special type of mattress, which is specifically designed for use in an RV keeping the conditions of the RV in mind. There are a number of features that distinguish RV mattresses from the other normal ones. The difference between a normal mattress and that of an RV is that:
- Weight: RV mattress is lighter as compared to another mattress so that it is comfortable to carry in your vehicle. The light weight will ensure comfort and safety.
- Length: RV is usually compact, and a normal size mattress can take up almost all of the space. RV mattress is usually 6 inches shorter to fit the frame perfectly so that you have enough space for your other essentials.
- Prices: there is a difference in the prices of a normal mattress and that of an RV. RV mattress is less priced and is very well reviewed. There are different varieties of RV mattress available in different price ranges.
There are many options for RV mattress available, which can make it difficult to choose from. For this reason, we have provided the reviews of the top 4 mattresses to make your decision process easy.
Top 4 Best RV Mattress 2017 Market
What are the Different Types of RV Mattresses?
There are many different types of RV mattress available in the market, and you can choose the one, which satisfies all your needs. The major difference comes out of the fabric it is manufactured; therefore, let us have a look at them in details:
- Foam RV mattress: This is the most common type of RV mattress and is most commonly used among people. The main reason for its common use is the affordable price of it. If you use your RV a few months, then this is the best option for you. This mattress is made of foam and is approximately 5-6 inches in thickness. Before buying this type of mattress, it is important to consider the density of the foam. The density ranges from 1 or 2 lbs. Cubic foot.
- Memory foam mattress: If you use your RV every once in a while then this type of mattress is the best option for you. These mattresses are constructed with memory foam at the top of a high-density urethane base. Just like a standard RV mattress you need to consider the density of the foam in memory foam mattress too. Memory foam mattress density ranges from 2.5-5.3 lbs.
- Latex mattress: These are the most comfortable choice if you live in your RV. These are the perfect choice if you are looking for more eco-friendly options. In this mattress, the top layer is the latex, and the bottom support layer is urethane foam. You don't need to worry about the density, but you should make sure that the latex used is natural and not synthetic.
- RV air mattress: This is a high-end option for your RV, and it works on the same concept as that of your blow up mattress. As there are two gas chambers available you can adjust the mattress’s firmness on both sides according to your need. There are different layers of urethane, memory foam and latex put on the top of the mattress.
What are the Benefits of Using the Best RV Mattress?
1. Temperature Regulation
Your main concern would be the temperature being too hot or too cold, which can make you uncomfortable and spoil your whole trip. The benefit of your RV mattress is that the foam of the mattress adjusts to your body heat and your weight. If your body temperature rises, you will feel the mattress getting softer to help you sleep more comfortably.
If it gets chilly at night then sleeping on an RV mattress will regulate the temperature and keep you as warm as possible. A mattress is any day better than sleeping on the seat in your RV. There are always the benefits of window tinting, which blocks sunlight and keeps you cool at all times.
Your RV trailer will be moving most of the time, which can make you uncomfortable and sleep deprived. Having an RV mattress gives you stability and something to lie on to give your body stability and comfort on your trip so that you can enjoy your trip properly without being tired all the time.
3. Consistent Rest
Having an RV mattress will help you to have the luxury to have consistent rest all the time. Traveling all day can prove to be very tiring and make you feel exhausted all the time. If at any point you think you want some rest then you can hope on your mattress and be comfortable anytime you want.
RV mattress is much durable as compared to your typical spring mattress. This mattress can last up to 15 years so won't need to worry about replacing then now and then.
How to Choose the Best RV Mattress for Yourself?
As there are different types of mattress available, you need to select the one, which is best for you. Listed below are some criteria, which will help you choose the best RV mattress.
- Size: Before choosing any RV mattress you need to measure the size of your RV and accordingly calculate the size you can fit it. It is very important to get a perfect size, which shouldn't be too small or too large.
- Pain relief: The most basic concern is that we are worried about the back problems in an RV while sleeping. The RV mattress is designed in such a way so that you not only are comfortable but also have the maximum back support as possible. They can relief your pain and make you feel at home and are as comfortable as your bed.
- Comfort: Comfort is the top priority for everyone and at the end of the day; all we want is rest and a good night sleep. Select the mattress, which has a high density of foam so that it is soft and can be kept in a balanced position in a moving RV.
- Support: Before purchasing an RV mattress, make sure that the mattress offers a good balance and maximum support. There are many mattresses designed in a way, which targets your pressure points and aligns the position of your spine.
After the above product reviews and customer feedback, we highly recommend Dynasty Mattress New Cool Breeze 12-Inch GEL Memory Foam Mattress-Twin Size as your best RV mattress. The gel technology not only keeps you cool but also ensures that you have the maximum back support. This way you can have a sound sleep with maximum comfort and support.
Other mattresses can be too thin and lightweight, which can make you feel tired during your entire trip. So make the right choice and choose the best mattress to make your trip worthwhile.