When it comes to the lubrication of machinery and equipment, often, you will need to exert a lot of effort. This is going to be labor-intensive. The good news is that such can be done in a manner that is a lot easier. How is this possible? One thing that can help would be investing in the best grease gun.
It should be noted, however, that not all grease guns are created the same. With this, if you need help in making a decision that you will not regret, keep on reading and we’ll share with you some valuable insights, including our top picks for the best grease gun available on the market today.
Essential Factors to Consider when Buying
It is important to keep in mind the factors that will be mentioned below, which will make it likely that you will end up with a well-informed choice.
- Types of Grease Gun: One of the first things that you should do is to think about the specific type of the grease gun, which will be indicative of its functionality. In this case, the following are the options that you will be confronted with:
- Lever: This is the most common and the cheapest from the five. You simply need to pull the lever to create pressure. This is perfect for most light-duty applications.
- Cordless: This is a grease pump that is powered by batteries. This is an excellent choice when it comes to portability, allowing you to work anywhere.
- Hand-Pump: In the case of this type of grease gun, your hand needs to perform a pumping action, which will help to build air.
- Pistol-Grip: The grip is easy to handle and this is available for both left and right-handed users. It can be used with a single hand.
- Pneumatic: This is the most powerful from the five types of grease gun, making it the perfect choice for high-duty applications.
- Amount of Lubrication: In choosing the best grease gun, it is also important to consider the amount of lubrication that you will need as this will be indicative of the size that should be chosen. Consider the intended purpose or extent of the application to know the right size for your needs.
- Ease of Use: For sure, you would not want to have equipment that is filled with complications. With this, see to it that the grease gun is straightforward to operate. It should also be easy to handle, which will be indicative of your highest level of comfort, especially if it is going to be used for an extended period.
- Technical Specifications: You should also understand the technical features of the product to easily determine which one is right for your needs. In this case, you need to look at the strokes per ounce and the maximum pressure that can be generated by the grease gun, which will be reflective of their performance.
- Warranty: If you want to have peace of mind, make sure to pick a grease gun that is backed with an extensive warranty coverage from the manufacturer. This means that if it experiences any defect in craftsmanship, if it is not your fault, the manufacturer can repair it for free.
Our Top Picks for the Best Grease Gun
Main Product Features
Lincoln 1162 Air Operated Grease Gun
40 to 150 PSI air pressure range, 17-inch tool length, 30-inch hose
Dewalt DCGG571M1 20-volt MAX Lithium Ion Grease Gun
10,000 PSI, 42-inch hose, 16 cartridges per pump
Lumax LX-1152 Black Heavy Duty deluxe Pistol Grease Gun
10,000 PSI, 18-gauge steel barrel, air bleeder valve
Powerbuilt 940798 4,500 PSI Heavy Duty Pistol Grip Style Gun
14-ounce cartridge, 12-inch hose, aluminum anodized canister
Grease Tek Premium Pistol Grip Grease Gun
18-inch hose, pistol grip handle, plunger design
In this section, we will take a quick look at five of the best models that are currently available in the market.
Benefits of Having the Best Grease Gun
The following are some of the compelling reasons that can convince you to invest in a high-quality grease gun:
- Lengthens the Functional Life of Machines: One of the best reasons to have a grease gun is to improve a machine’s longevity. This is going to help you save a lot of money in the long run since your machine will not require frequent replacement.
- Reduces Waste: While there are many other ways by which it will be possible to lubricate equipment, they can lead to wastage. To minimize the latter, it would be best to have a grease gun. This will provide you with complete control on how much lube should be applied.
- Improves Speed: Another good thing about using grease gun is that it will allow you to accomplish work in a manner that is quick. It will take only a few minutes of your time before a machine is lubricated.
Keeping types of machinery in tip-top shape does not need to be a hard task. Things can be a lot easier if you have the best grease gun with you. However, this does not mean that you can choose just any model. Go back to the models that we have recommended above and it will be easier for you to reach the right decision.