Theft is one of the most serious concerns amongst vehicles almost anywhere in the world. There is no wonder why a lot of people are interested in looking for the most effective solutions to prevent the thieves from accessing their cars. With this, it is important to consider having best car security systems.
If you are thinking of the car security system to purchase, read on and we’ll help you come up with the right decision. There are too many options that are available in the market, but this does not mean that you can pick just any product. You need to be responsible to narrow down the possibilities and choose one that can provide you with peace of mind.
Best Car Security Systems: Providing You with Peace of Mind
How Does It Work?
There are different models that are available and they may work in different ways. Upon leaving your car, push the button that will activate the security system. If you were unable to close the door properly, the alarm will send a notification.
By now, you can walk away from the car, confident that it will be secured. There is a flashing LED in the car, which provides the thief with an immediate warning, letting them know that the vehicle has an alarm installed. If someone tries to open the door, break the glass, or tamper the car, you will immediately hear a sound.
Uses of Car Security Systems
To stand out from all others in the competition, manufacturers offer innovative features that will allow them to capture a share of the market. It is commonly used for the purpose stated in the paragraph above. Other than such, a car security system can also be used for the following:
- Remote Start: As the name implies, this feature will allow you to start the car from a distance. This means that when you enter the car, the engine has already started and has already warmed up.
- Car Finder: There are some remotes wherein there is a dedicated button, which, when pressed, will allow the vehicle to alarm. Follow where the sound is coming from and you will be able to determine the location of your vehicle.
- Trunk Opener: This is a part of the keyless entry system. Even at a distance and using the remote, you can open the trunk. You can also do so to open the door and to roll the window up and down.
- Temperature Control: For your highest level of comfort, it is important to keep the temperature in check. Advanced car security systems will let you monitor the temperature beforehand and start the cooling as desired.
Choosing the Best Car Security Systems
If you are finding it hard to decide on which product can be the best choice, below are some of the most important factors that you might want to consider:
- Price: Similar to the other products that you buy for your car, the cost is one of the most important considerations. Nonetheless, do not be tempted to purchase a car security system only because of its cheap price. Its quality and functionality should be more important.
- Range: This refers to the distance by which you can receive notification about your car and use the remote. The better option is one that comes with a longer range, allowing you to make the most out of the device.
- Installation: It is also important to pick one that is user-friendly in terms of installation. You do not need to hire the services of the pro to complete the assembly. The manufacturer must provide comprehensive instructions to get you through the process. They must also provide everything that you will need to complete the installation.
- Remote: The design of the remote is another critical consideration. It should be lightweight and easy to grip, which will make it excellent in terms of portability. It should also have an LCD display so that you can easily monitor the functions.
- Battery: You need to make sure that the battery will last for a long time. Otherwise, the alarm will be useless. It will be better if there is a rechargeable battery, which will be an economical option in the long run.
- Sensors: The quality of the sensor is an equally important consideration. For instance, there should be an impact sensor that will trigger the alarm once it detects that there is someone who is trying to break the glass. Radar sensor and glass break sensors will also be useful to prevent unfortunate situations.
- Warranty: I suggest that you look for a product that has an extensive warranty. Some even have a lifetime warranty coverage, providing you with an assurance that it will be free from defects and that it will deliver the highest level of satisfaction.
- Reviews: At the end of the day, the best thing that you can perhaps do is to read reviews from other users, especially those that you can find online. Their real-life experiences and suggestions will make it easier for you to reach the right decision.
Short Reviews of the Best Car Security Systems
In this section, we will have a quick rundown of the five best products you might want to consider, as well as some of the reasons why they are great.
1. Viper 5706V Car Security System
This innovative car security system offers a remote start function. The remote has five buttons that can offer up to 24 functions in two cars, making it a worthy investment, especially considering the fact that it comes with an affordable price. It has an LCD screen with an easy-to see display. The remote offers a range of up to one mile.
The intuitive user interface is also another thing that makes this a great product. Even for beginners, operating the car security system will be effortless. Nonetheless, its installation can be quite tricky, so you might need to pack some patience.
There are a couple of fancy features that add value to this product. For instance, you will be able to immediately check the temperature in the car before you enter. One of its remote start capabilities deals with setting the temperature for a more comfortable driving experience.
- Extensive battery life that can last for up to three weeks
- There is a display screen for ease of monitoring of its functions
- Perfect for budget-conscious buyers
- Has triggers for both door and trunk
- Long distance range
- Installation process can be quite tricky, especially for beginners
- Display screen is easily prone to scratches
This car security system offers excellent value for money. While it is economical, it has a multitude of advanced features, making it a commendable option.
2. Python 5706P Responder Security Remote
This product is similar to the one that we have mentioned above, especially in the sense that it also offers a remote start. The biggest difference, however, is that this model has smartphone integration. You can download the app and use it to control the remote from your phone.
As a two-way remote, you can also communicate with your car, the same way that it can communicate with you. The LCD screen will make it easy to see the alerts. To add, there is also tone and vibration to provide you with notifications.
Lastly, this security system for your car also features Digital Spread Spectrum Technology. The maximum distance of the remote is one mile. Through using digital frequency hopping, there should be no problem even if there are blockages.
- Can be connected and controlled through a smartphone
- Comes with an economical price
- Strong digital frequency that is not interrupted
- Has vibrations, tones, and display for confirming the commands
- Slim design that is easy to grip
- Instructions are poorly written
- May not hold charge for a long time
This car security system comes with an ergonomic design and has multiple functions with a frequency range of one mile and is free from obstructions, making it deliver superior reliability.
3. Avital 5303L Car Security System
Flawless security – this is what you can expect with the use of this product. You can be confident that you are always in the know on what is happening in your car. It also offers a remote start feature for your convenience.
This model also has abundant technological features, providing it with an edge above most of the options available in the market. For instance, it has Nuisance Prevention Circuitry, which prevents false alarms, and hence, increasing its durability.
To add, this car security system also features fault-proof starter interrupt. This prevents the possibility of hot wiring, which is another way by which this product provides the protection that your vehicle needs.
- Lightweight design that makes it easy to bring with you
- Comes with highly-advanced sensors
- Large LCD display that is easy to see even in broad daylight
- Has a remote start function
- Has a dual-zone shock sensor
- Some users might find the instructions to be quite vague
- Batteries may easily become problematic
This may not be the easiest in terms of installation, but given its remote start and other features, this is another system that will give you peace of mind about the security of your car.
4. Pyle PWD701 4-button Security System
While Pyle is a company that is known for their high-quality speakers, they have also ventured into the production of car security systems. This product is a proof that they are succeeding in establishing their reputation as one of the best within the competitive landscape.
The package is inclusive of two transmitters with four buttons, one each for its main functions – remote start, horn honk, anti-carjack, and remote panic. To add, it is also a good thing that it has dual stage impact detector, which enhances it reliability.
Still not convinced that this car security system will be worth the spend? One thing that can change your mind is the fact that the manufacturer is offering a limited lifetime warranty, which can provide an assurance of your highest level of satisfaction.
- Alarm is loud enough to provide quick alerts
- Has window roll up and keyless entry feature
- Has an affordable price
- Comes with an innovative anti-carjacking feature
- Installation can be difficult for first-timers
- May not be as long-lasting as other products
This product offers reliable security for your vehicle to prevent carjacking and access without your authority. Best of all, it comes with a price that is easy on the wallet.
5. Crime Stopper SP-302 SecurityPlus Car Security System
Among others, one thing that we love the most about this security system is the distance of its coverage. The 2-way remote can operate at a distance of 3,000 feet. On the other hand, the 1-way remote has a communication range of 2,000 feet.
If you have two cars that you want to protect, this will also be a great product to have as an investment. There is a LED that you can find on the remote and its color will change depending on which vehicle it is used.
Lastly, with 120 dB siren, you can be sure that the alarm will be easily audible. This will allow you to act quickly.
- Installation can be easily accomplished even for beginners
- Has a feature for keyless entry and trunk open
- Affordable price
- Sleek design with a rechargeable battery
- Durability can be an issue after some time of use
- Can arm or disarm even without an action on your end
For a product that is easy on the wallet, this is an excellent choice. It offers keyless entry and other functions that will provide instant alerts when your car’s security is compromised.
From the options for the best car security systems that have been mentioned above, which will be worth your money? Personally, I would recommend Viper 5706V Car Security System. From its battery life to operating range to its multifunctional capabilities, this is one product that is sure to provide car owners with peace of mind.
Are there other products for your car that you want to purchase? Click here and let our articles help you to decide which one to buy.