The majority of people love big bass, and they choose right subwoofer to get quality sound experience. But choosing a subwoofer is only half the battle, you also need an amplifier to enjoy music in your car at fullest. Nowadays, the majority of cars come with an inbuilt amplifier. These are not external but built into head unit of your car.
These amplifiers are not as powerful as they should be. It is not right to blame your speakers if you are not getting good music quality as you may be missing out a good amplifier. You can take full advantages of your subwoofers and speakers in the car with the help of an amplifier. Nothing is better than powerful car audio amplifier if you love the sound quality of music in your car.
You can look for the external amplifier to boost sound quality, sound clarity, and bass. An external amplifier is an ideal option to upgrade your set up without changing speakers.
Sometimes choosing a good amplifier for your vehicle can be a daunting task, especially when there are many different types of amplifiers available in the market. If you are also looking for an appropriate car amplifier, then this guide can help you a lot in finding the right one for you.
Here we have mentioned some factors that you should consider to get a right amplifier for your car:
Give An Extra Boost To Your Speakers: 5 Best 4 Channel Amplifiers For Your Cars!
Top 5 Best 4 Channel Amplifiers For Your Cars 2017 Market
What is a 4 Channel Car Amplifier?
The number of channels depends on how many speakers you have in the sound system of your car. It means the more sound speakers you have, the more channels you will need to power them. You need a channel for each speaker that you need to amplify. 4 Channel Car Amplifier can power four speakers in your vehicle. This is a very popular car amplifier option.
It is commonly used to power an entire set of door speakers. It also allows for many configurations. Adding an external four channel amplifier can boost the power of both real and front speakers.
What are the Benefits of Using Car Amplifiers?
An external car amplifier can improve the sound quality and experience of listening music in your car. You should also understand other benefits of amplifiers as it helps you decide whether this is something you should install in your vehicle.
- Volume: There are some situations like a noisy AC and engine system in your car and high traffic that can contribute to a scenario where volumes of your stereo system never compete. An amplifier helps increase sound volume and ensures that sound can be heard even in the condition of noisy AC and engine system.
- Feature: If you have reliable but an older variety of stereo system in your car, then you can also enjoy the features of the modern stereo system just by installing the amplifier. An amplifier can rectify the problem as it comes with features like equalizers and signal processing negates.
- Sound Quality: An amplifier uses several channels of output to improve the quality of sound. It can increase the bass and eliminate the distortion of the sound produced by a stereo system of your car.
How to Choose the Best 4 Channel Amplifier for Your Car?
Purchasing best amplifier may be overwhelming for some people as there are many amplifiers available online. Here we have mentioned some factors that you should look into to get a right amplifier.
1. Right Numbers of Channel
Car amplifiers with two channels can be used to power two speakers in the car but if you have four speakers, then you should look for four channel car amplifier.
This is also a very important factor to consider while purchasing a car amplifier. You should know how much power your speakers can handle. Unpowered speakers are the main reason of flat and boring sound in the car, so you need an appropriate amplifier to power them.
You need to find out the RMS power rating of speakers and choose an amplifier capable of putting out at least 75 to 150% of that RMS.
3. Head Unit Compatibility
If you are upgrading your sound system of the car, then you should go for a head unit that includes pre-amp outputs. It helps or allows a direct connection from receiver to an amplifier, which results in greater and stronger sound quality.
A head unit without pre-amp can’t be connected to the receiver directly. In this scenario, you need an amplifier with speakers-level input. It helps save your messing around extra adapters and wiring.
Top Best 4 Channel Amplifiers For Your Cars
An amplifier is the heart of the stereo system of your car, and you should not compromise on the quality of it. Here we have assembled a list of the best and appropriate amplifiers with latest features; you can look into.
1. Planet Audio AC1200.4 ANARCHY
You can drive up music vibes with this amazing 4-channel amplifier. It comes with extraordinary features like powerful amplification, attractive design, class A/B topology and much more.
This 4-channel amplifier boosts your car audio with lots of power and features. It also features MOSFET power supply that offers clean, strong and quality sound. It comes with bridge channel that ensures more flexibility and power.
You can revolutionize your audio experience with this amazingly featured amplifier as it allows you to control and customize your sound. There are some more features that make it more appropriate to look into.
- 1200 Watts Maximum Power
- At 2 ohm it provides 225 W X 4 RMS, at 4 OHM it provides 113 W X 4 RMS, and also 450 W X 2 RMS Bridged at 4 ohm
- Power Supply: MOSFET
- It comes with six years (Platinum) warranty by dealer
- AMP Class: AB class
- Planet Audio
- Built-in Crossover
- High and low-level inputs
- Variable Low Pass Crossover
- Fixed High Pass Crossover
- Variable Bass Boost
- Great sound quality
- It is affordable
- Great RMS output
- It is also bridgeable
- Size is slight big
- Few switches are reversed
2. Rockford R300X4 Prime 4-Channel Amplifier
This is one of the versatile amplifiers in the market that helps to run an entire audio system. This one is a great amplifier for full range speakers. The Rockford Prime Series r300X4 is a 4-channel amplifier that can support 50 watts RMS speakers.
Hence, it will be a rocking experience while this amplifier is installed. You can also turn it to 2-channel mode if required.
- It is a 4-channel car amplifier
- It produces 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms and 75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
- It can generate 150 watts RMS x 2 bridged outputs at 4 ohms
- It is CEA-2006 compliant
- AMP Class: Class-AB
- Power Supply: MOSFET
- Frequency response: 20-20K Hz
- It comes with one year warranty
- Low or high pass filters
- Aluminum heat-sink for thermal protection
- Great power output
- It is adjustable and flexible
- Bridging is possible in almost any configuration
- Smaller size
- It can even work better with factory installed stereo system in your car
- Sometimes gets warm at high power usage
3. Hifonics ZRX1016.4 Zeus Car Audio Amplifier, 4-Channel 1000-Watt
Hifonicsis a US based company, which manufactures car audio amplifier. It has launched a Zeus series. This series is special because it is designed using years of experience in amplifier industry.
It offers awesome power at all ranges and owns a very innovative design. It comes with awesome features like bridged output capability, 1000 watts total output power, MOSFET power supply and much more.
- Short circuit protection
- Power supply: PWM MOSFET for maximum current level
- Four-channel A/B ZRX1016.4, 1000 watts
- Simpatico coil design (SPC)
- Thermal, overload, DC protection
- illuminated Hifonics Surface Mount Design (HSMD)
- Diagnostic indicators
- Low-level RCA inputs/outputs
- PCB (Military Grade)
- Superior heat dissipation
- Dimensions: 15.7" x 2.4" x 10"
- Bridgeable with onboard electronic crossover
- Frequency response (10 to 45 KHz)
- AB class amplifier
- Signal/noise ratio: 90 dB
- CTA rated
- Huge power
- Flexible onboard processing
- No conformal coating
- No waterproof protection
4. Pyle PLMRA400 400-Watt 4-Channel Waterproof Marine/Car Amplifier
If you are looking to upgrade over factory stereo setup, this amplifier offers you four channels, so you can hook up four separate speakers or combine two back speakers and one subwoofer. This is a lightweight amplifier that comes with slim design. It can fits anywhere in your vehicle.
It also comes with built-in gold-plated speakers terminals to facilitate connection. It features a built-in fuse system to provide extra protection. It shuts the unit down if it starts to overheat. This amplifier comes with all ideal mounting hardware needed to install it easily.
This would be an awesome choice to fulfill your car amplifier needs. You can use it for other auto and marine applications. It comes with a bright LED on the indicator. You can turn it on and off with the help or remote control.
- Heavy-duty aluminum heat sink exterior to prevent any thermal issue
- Four channels for a complete stereo hookup.
- Dual-input level controls,
- RCA connector jacks
- Built-in overload protection
- In-built Gold plated speaker terminals for easy connection and makes installing an amplifier very easy
- One year warranty
- Added protection against overheating
- Small size
- Remote turn on/off
- Small enough to fit anywhere in your car
- Waterproof, you can power your speaker in boat, on deck or by pool
- Compatible with variety of sources and head units
- Doesn’t draw much power
- It distorts at high volume
- No dedicated sub output but you can add capacitor in line
5. BOSS AUDIO R1004 Riot 400-Watt Full Range, Class A/B 2-8 Ohm Stable 4 Channel Amplifiers
It features maximum power handling of 400 W and RMS power handling of 50 W. It comes with A/B class circuit design efficiently to run cooler with high reliability and low distortion. This is an intermediate class between A and B that conducts more than half of the time; these two active elements are best to use for speakers.
It features a variable bass boost, high and low pass crossover and 2-ohm stable.
- 400 Watts MAX Power
- 38 WX 4 RMS @ 4 ohm
- 4 channel
- Full range
- A/B class
- 75 W X 4 RMS @ 2 ohm
- Low and high-level inputs
- MOSFET Power Supply
- Remote subwoofer control
- 600 Watts @2-Ohms Max Power
- 225 Watts x 2 RMS @2-Ohms
- It features Variable Low Pass Crossover, Fixed High Pass Crossover, Variable Bass Boost
- Six-year warranty
- High and low-level inputs
- Remote subwoofer control
- It distorts at high volume
Choosing a four channel car amplifier may be a bit overwhelming for you, so we have mentioned some important factors that help you buy the right one for you. There are many varieties and brands of amplifiers available in the market, we have mentioned five best four channel amps that helps you decide the suitable amplifier for your car.
All five amplifiers have their significance and come with amazing features. But if you want to buy something that fulfills all needs of an amplifier, then you should look for Pyle PLMRA400 amplifier. It comes with the entire feature that makes it the first choice of buyer.
You can also look for 10-channel car subwoofer if you are a sound enthusiast and don’t want to compromise with the sound quality of the stereo system in your vehicle.