Are you looking for the best 110v air compressor available right now? In this article you will find everything you need to know to help you decide which one to buy. We will be discussing what it is, some of its types, and the things to look for in a good air compressor. We’ll also provide you the top four picks for the best 110v air compressor, along with their pros and cons.
Best 110v Air Compressor: A Must-Read Before Buying
What is a 100v Air Compressor?
Before proceeding with the rest of the discussion, let’s define first what an air compressor is. An air compressor lets you carry out various tasks including staple and nail gun usage, airbrushing, and tire inflation. They are also considered a valuable asset for DIY enthusiasts and professionals. The reason is because it lets them perform spray-painting, woodworking, craft and cleaning functions.
Choosing the best 110v air compressor will mostly and should solely depend on the job you need to perform. Inflation of tires, equipment, as well as toys, will not require an air compressor with high PSI or CFM. For jobs requiring high PSI such as high-powered tools like nail and staple guns, you’ll need a 100v air compressor. Luckily, we are here to discuss the best 100v air compressor in the following section.
An air compressor is a tool that will convert power into energy that is stored in pressurized air. It forces air into the tank, thus increasing the pressure. In the event the tank reaches its limit, the air compressor will automatically shut off. The air compressed in the tank will be held in its place until it’s needed. To sum, the energy collected in the air compressor will be used to perform a variety of applications.
Top Four Choices for the Best 100v Air Compressor
In this section, we will be discussing the top four picks to help you make a better decision. Watch out for each product’s features, as it will be of great help in choosing the best 110v air compressor.
1. P.I. Auto Store Tire Inflator
The Auto Store Portable Air Compressor is one of the best air compressors out in the market right now. It has additional improvements in terms of quality and functionality as it is easy to operate and very reliable. Power supply can come from any 12 V DC outlets or any 110 and 120-volt wall outlets. This will be of great convenience because it can adapt depending on your application.
For its specifications, maximum pressure is set at 100 PSI and output current is set at 10A. It has been fused to 15 amps and comes with a dual power inflator and a spare 15A fuse. The package also includes 9.8 feet DC and 8.5 AC cables and three adaptors for the inflatables. To add, you won’t need to worry about transporting the air compressor, as a carry bag is already included.
- Includes design improvements that resolves the issues from previous versions
- Versatile and can be used for 110-volt and 120-volt wall outlets
- Material is made of tough thermoplastic with large handle grip and rubber feet
- Can accommodate 100 PSI inflation output
- Some users experienced smoke coming out of the air compressor while inflating
- Some users had complaints about its low quality
2. Roypow I52 Automotive Compressor
The RoyPow Air Compressor is a multi-function device that permits you to inflate tires, sports balls, camping equipment and toys. It can be used for heavy-duty tasks, as operating power is set at 120W. This model will be able to generate a powerful flow to inflate up to 150-PSI air pressure. It will also save you a considerable amount of time because inflating a small tire will only take two minutes.
The package comes with a handy carrying bag, which can be easily stored in a garage or car trunk. It has a compact design that allows you to take only very little storage space. It is also versatile as it can be used for both 110V and 120V AC outlets. The RoyPow features three built-in flashlight modes (illumination, SOS and strobe) that allow you to utilize it during every possible emergency situation.
- Multi-functional, suitable to use for cars, among others
- Can accommodate up to 150-PSI air pressure
- Can be used for both 110V and 120V wall outlets
- Compact design
- May not last long according to some users
- May not perform tire inflation as greatly as advertised
3. Kensun Performance Portable Air Compressor
The brand is very particular about the benefits one can have from buying a Kensun Air Compressor. It is reliable, portable and very easy to operate. It has an advanced functionality that you won’t need to worry about looking for the nearest gas station. The Kensun brand is one of the best and most trusted names when it comes to automotive accessories. You will never be disappointed if you have this in your trunk.
It is also versatile because you can operate it for home use, as well as for cars. Another great feature of this model is the AC/DC adaptability. To add, it offers an analogue pressure gauge and measure is up to 120 PSI. Cable length is up to 10 feet, which is very convenient if you are working outdoors. Lastly, 3 attachment nozzles are included in the package that allows you to perform a variety of task.
- Versatile, suitable for home and car use
- Features 3 nozzles that you can use for a wide range of inflating tasks
- Easy to use and transport
- Maximum air pressure is up to 120 PSI
- Some users had issues about its low quality and performance
- Air chuck should be screwed on in order to operate
4. PrimeTrendz TM Outdoors Portable Compressor
Last but not the least, we have here the PrimeTrendz Portable Air Compressor. This model, like the other entries in the list, can be used for a variety of uses. You can inflate bike tires, sports balls, camping equipment, as well as air mattresses. It is also very easy to use, as you can just plug it into a wall outlet or a car cigarette lighter. It features a 12-volt power that will be of help during emergencies.
For its specifications, gauge range is set at 250-PSI maximum and power is 100V. It comes with different adaptors with needles, suitable for all kinds of tire inflation. It should be noted that you couldn’t use this air compressor for more than 10 minutes at a time. You should allow another 10 minutes of cooling period in between uses. Failure to do this may cause the product to overheat, thus resulting to defects and damages.
- Package includes various adaptors with needle for all kinds of inflation use
- Easy to use
- Can be plugged into a 100V wall outlet or car cigarette lighter
- Maximum air pressure is set at 250-PSI
- May start to smoke during first use according to some users
- Cannot be used for more than 10 minutes
Types of Air Compressors
In order to help you make a more informed decision, we shall discuss the three types of air compressors. This section may help you narrow down your choices into choosing the best 110v air compressor.
- Reciprocating Air Compressors: They are categorized under positive displacement machines that lets air pressure increase by reducing its volume. They take and confine successive volumes of air and elevate it to higher pressure. This task is done through the use of piston within a cylinder that acts as the displacing and compressing factor.
- Rotary Screw Compressors: This type of air compressor is also categorized under positive displacement machines. It consists of two rotors inside a casing wherein the rotors internally compress the air. It does not feature valves and units are air-cooled.
- Centrifugal Compressors: Categorized under dynamic displacement machines, it generates high-pressure discharge through converting angular momentum separated by the impeller. To do this task effectively, it rotates at quicker speeds compared to other air compressors.
Essential Factors to Consider in Choosing the Best 110v Air Compressor
What makes a good 110v air compressor? In this section, we will talk about what to look out for in searching for the best 110v air compressor.
- PSI Rating: This refers to the maximum air pressure the air compressor will be able to inflate. The PSI rating is considered as an important factor to look for because it allows you to do various tasks.
- Features: The products presented above have different attributes that you can weigh individually. May it be long cables, crafting material, carrying bag, among others. You have to choose the one in which you can most benefit from.
- Versatility: This means that you can either use them on 110V and 120V wall outlets. Being versatile should also mean it can be plugged in a car cigarette lighter for car applications.
- Ease of Use: Operating an air compressor is very easy and should not need extra amount of effort. You have to choose one that you will be able to operate with ease. This also means that having a compact one is convenient for storage and transportation.
Now that we’ve discussed the essentials about 110v air compressors, you’ll now be able to make a sound decision. Choosing one may be tricky but with our help, picking the best should be very easy. You just have to weigh the features, pros and cons of each product and you’re on your way. We hope we are of great help in your search for the best 110v air compressor.
Are you also looking for similar products to purchase for your vehicle? Click here to check out other products that are available in the market right now.